*** January 2019 Thread ***

Has anyone purchased the 2019 mystery pin sets? I purchased 3 boxes and ended up with 2 Tinkerbells. I'm still looking for Mike, Sully and Dumbo if anyone would like to trade. I'm going back in February so I'll try to finish the set then!

Hello January family!
We leave in 12 days. I'm about 99% packed - waiting on a few shirts to come in the mail and they are expected to arrive tomorrow.
My really cool muppets shirt hasnt arrived yet and I requested it be sent to store - fingers crossed it arrives by next Friday.

My carry on is also about 99% packed - all that's missing is my iPad, iPad charger and a power strip.

The forecast has upped the chance of rain for next Sunday to 70%. It's one of our resort days, so no pool time I guess but at least it's not one of our park days. What to do on a rainy day in WDW. Hmm. The only thing we have planned is lunch at Homecomin' in Disney Springs. Still time for the forecast to change also.
That's our arrival day, and with the chance of snow at home I'll take the rain as long as we get down there! We land at 9:15 and are planning Epcot for the festival with dinner at Citricos, but if it's raining we may eat lunch at Tutto Gusto instead of the booths or switch to HS. Right now I'm waiting a couple days and hoping the snow forecast gets better!

Four days from now we should be in Orlando, probably waiting to get our luggage. I haven’t packed anything although I have made a list. I have 3 long days of work and a half day on Thursday, so I imagine most of my packing will happen Thursday afternoon and evening.

We're leaving Thursday night! Scheduled to get lots of rain here in California this week so I'm hoping none of our flights (layover in LAX :crazy2:) are delayed!

We leave in about a week!!! Haven't packed a single thing yet and am still tweaking our dining reservations and Fast Passes. lol

I am extremely jealous of everybody who has yet to arrive in Disney this month. We returned a few days ago, and to battle the post-vacation depression, I posted a little report of our trip.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...0s-the-post-disney-blues-are-intense.3729423/

Thank you to everybody here for all the advice. We can't wait to return.
Sounds like you guys had a great time, great review, too! Curious, what time did you actually get to your HEA fireworks spot at MK? We have a reservation at Crystal Palace at 5:35 (calendar says HEA starts at 8) and we're going to scope out a good spot afterwards.

For those who have flown recently: any issues with TSA due to the government shutdown? Our flight to MCO is a week from today--I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of delay/experience to expect at the airports.

For those who have flown recently: any issues with TSA due to the government shutdown? Our flight to MCO is a week from today--I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of delay/experience to expect at the airports.

I haven't heard of any serious delays yet from other people traveling right now. I think it also depends on your airport. I fly out of Los Angeles and that airport is HUGE so I'm assuming there will be a slight delay but then again we are flying out at 5:50 am and arriving to the airport around 3:45am. I don't know who is flying that early besides us crazy people.

Great day at animal kingdom today beautiful weather! surprised to see all Christmas decorations still up but a cast member at the entrance told us the tree at the entrance is coming down tomorrow. they're still playing Christmas music at the entrance and in Dino land!

Sounds like you guys had a great time, great review, too! Curious, what time did you actually get to your HEA fireworks spot at MK? We have a reservation at Crystal Palace at 5:35 (calendar says HEA starts at 8) and we're going to scope out a good spot afterwards.

We arrived at about 6:30 PM and there were only a few good spots remaining. If we arrived any later we would have had people in front of us.

I haven't heard of any serious delays yet from other people traveling right now. I think it also depends on your airport. I fly out of Los Angeles and that airport is HUGE so I'm assuming there will be a slight delay but then again we are flying out at 5:50 am and arriving to the airport around 3:45am. I don't know who is flying that early besides us crazy people.

MCO was fine, actually quicker than usual. Took about 10 minutes to get through. JFK was a nightmare.

6 days. I finally checked the weather. I've been trying to not look but now with our trip closer I did look. Kids will be sad bc it looks like low 70's as the high for right now so I don't see too much of the pool or waterpark in our future. Hopefully that will change but honestly I will take anything over the weather here. Predicted high the day we fly out is 17. Good bye Wisconsin, Hello Florida! :car:

*sigh* My travel agent and I have absolutely not gelled. For some reason, he didn't get Magic Express set-up for us, and when I e-mailed him to ask about when the luggage tags would come in, he couldn't find the e-mail with our flight info. Then I didn't see his follow-up e-mail until a few days after he sent it, so he got the info in, but it's less than two weeks out, so we probably won't get the luggage tags. Boo. I was really looking forward to not having to worry about checked bags.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the luggage tags to come in?

(seriously tho. I'm really regretting not contacting the agency the first time I had misgivings and asking for a different agent. I don't think he's indicative of the agency itself, but like I said...we just have not gelled at any point, and after the hostile/exasperated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter