*** January 2019 Thread ***

Just got back from our Sept trip and am already counting the days until our Jan. 2019 trip! We broke down and bought annual passes. So worth it! We are going to be staying at the Polynesian, THANK YOU IN-LAWS! 116 more days! AHHHHHH!

Awesome! Let us know the dates of your trip and I will add you to the roll call!

Hi everyone. I just booked a quick solo trip for Jan 4-7! I am so excited. This will be my first solo trip and my first time staying at YC! I got a great deal with the Disney Visa discount and a great deal on flights using Southwest points. I think I am going to attempt 4 parks in 1 day on Sat the 5th. Do the hours for early Jan usually extend? Right now MK is scheduled to close at 8pm on 1/5 and that seems so early. Hoping for a little extra time to get all 4 parks in! I want to end the day at MK with HEA.

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi! :) Last weekend my best friend and I decided to book a girls' weekend 01/17-01/21. We'll be staying at All Star Movies!

It wouldn't be a Disney trip if you weren't coming right before or after I'm there, LOL! Missing each other by a couple weeks again!

It wouldn't be a Disney trip if you weren't coming right before or after I'm there, LOL! Missing each other by a couple weeks again!

I actually tried to go when you were going, because it's supposed to be a trip to celebrate my birthday! But I can't take anything that week off because of the holiday :(

It looks like my parents may join us jan 7-12. They want to book pop with us. They haven’t booked yet- waiting to hear from the travel agent. Otherwise my mom got a pin code for 20% off the room (so if the agent doesn’t get back to her she’ll probably just book with that).

Looks like Peter Pan will be down for our trip so I need to revise our FP+ strategy! Besides Winnie the Pooh, does anyone have any suggestions for some must have FP's in magic kingdom for a toddler??

We're going 1/24 - 1/31

Thanks @omniscientmommy, I added you to the roll call!

Hi everyone. I just booked a quick solo trip for Jan 4-7! I am so excited. This will be my first solo trip and my first time staying at YC! I got a great deal with the Disney Visa discount and a great deal on flights using Southwest points. I think I am going to attempt 4 parks in 1 day on Sat the 5th. Do the hours for early Jan usually extend? Right now MK is scheduled to close at 8pm on 1/5 and that seems so early. Hoping for a little extra time to get all 4 parks in! I want to end the day at MK with HEA.

Welcome, @bebec22! I’ve added you to the roll call. I’m not sure about the extension of hours... but I hope it works out for you!

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi! :) Last weekend my best friend and I decided to book a girls' weekend 01/17-01/21. We'll be staying at All Star Movies!

Welcome, @coloredimage! I’ve added you to the roll call. Girls trips are so much fun!

I just pulled the trigger and bought my first ever annual pass! I’m so excited! For those of you that have them - did you get something in the mail when you bought yours? I got the email confirmation, but I wondered if they send you something in writing about the discounts. I know I can read all about them online, but I do love getting Mickey Mail!

I also bought 5 day hoppers from Park Savers for my hubby and sons... I didn’t want to wait for the new pricing to come out since we are going on marathon weekend and I’m sure the ticket prices will increase.

I just pulled the trigger and bought my first ever annual pass! I’m so excited! For those of you that have them - did you get something in the mail when you bought yours? I got the email confirmation, but I wondered if they send you something in writing about the discounts. I know I can read all about them online, but I do love getting Mickey Mail!

I also bought 5 day hoppers from Park Savers for my hubby and sons... I didn’t want to wait for the new pricing to come out since we are going on marathon weekend and I’m sure the ticket prices will increase.

I’m also a brand new annual pass holder. I bought mine mid-September. I haven’t received anything beyond the original email. I thought I’d get some sort of welcome package thru snail mail but I guess not?

It is much more difficult to get reservations for a party of 6 than I expected. My parents were really wanting to join us for be our guest dinner but even with a party of 2 they have no reservations for dinner on both our magic kingdom days. :( I was able to pick up a reservation for the 6 of us at sci fi and garden grill at 8 am so that is nice. Theres still 88 days though so hopefully something works in our favor.

It is much more difficult to get reservations for a party of 6 than I expected. My parents were really wanting to join us for be our guest dinner but even with a party of 2 they have no reservations for dinner on both our magic kingdom days. :( I was able to pick up a reservation for the 6 of us at sci fi and garden grill at 8 am so that is nice. Theres still 88 days though so hopefully something works in our favor.

Keep looking! I think a lot of stuff pops up as people get their FastPasses and rearrange plans. Good luck!

are you using touringplans.com at all? They have a reservation tracker. It works pretty good. You do have to pay for a subscription but it's like $14 for the year.

are you using touringplans.com at all? They have a reservation tracker. It works pretty good. You do have to pay for a subscription but it's like $14 for the year.
Yeah I have two right now, one for crystal palace breakfast and one for be our guest dinner. I can change things around and have our be our guest breakfast on our first magic kingdom day and crystal palace for lunch on our second day. We want to get into the park early on our first day and try to get a pic with all of us in front of the castle with limited people...although I'm not sure that s possible with the opening show moved into the park. The last option is to have a lunch or dinner reservation on one of the days which my parents won't be there (instead of crystal palace) and doing quick serve. But since were not doing park days until my parents arrive I'm not sure what would be a really great table service meal. (were also on standard dining plan so a good use of one credit would be) Be our guest dinner is the one we all really want is the one which is escaping us completely. We don't even have a specific time in mind...just a table at dinner.

Yeah I have two right now, one for crystal palace breakfast and one for be our guest dinner. I can change things around and have our be our guest breakfast on our first magic kingdom day and crystal palace for lunch on our second day. We want to get into the park early on our first day and try to get a pic with all of us in front of the castle with limited people...although I'm not sure that s possible with the opening show moved into the park. The last option is to have a lunch or dinner reservation on one of the days which my parents won't be there (instead of crystal palace) and doing quick serve. But since were not doing park days until my parents arrive I'm not sure what would be a really great table service meal. (were also on standard dining plan so a good use of one credit would be) Be our guest dinner is the one we all really want is the one which is escaping us completely. We don't even have a specific time in mind...just a table at dinner.
Yeah I would try the touringplans.com reservation thing then. It is able to check throughout the day when you're busy and you can get a text or email alert then hop on over and try to book that reservation before someone else. Personally I like a late breakfast or early lunch for the kids. That's when they are most hungry after we've been in the park for 2-3 hours. I love 1900 Park Fare. The kids ate really good, we did a 11am breakfast and it's close to MK. So you could go back to the park or not. Also they love the character meals. IMO it's worth the extra money for character meals versus waiting in a long line to meet someone.

Yeah I would try the touringplans.com reservation thing then. It is able to check throughout the day when you're busy and you can get a text or email alert then hop on over and try to book that reservation before someone else. Personally I like a late breakfast or early lunch for the kids. That's when they are most hungry after we've been in the park for 2-3 hours. I love 1900 Park Fare. The kids ate really good, we did a 11am breakfast and it's close to MK. So you could go back to the park or not. Also they love the character meals. IMO it's worth the extra money for character meals versus waiting in a long line to meet someone.
We have 1900 Park Fare scheduled for our travel day (our plane is set to land at 7am and our reservation is for 8pm so I felt that was enough time in between in case the flight gets delayed a few hours) With the dining plan we are doing almost all character meals. My son isn't huge on the charcter meals anymore but my daughter I think it'll be for the best. We also have limited the character meets in the park to only a select few. I just want everyone to have a good time and my mom is uneasy about the trip to begin with...hmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter