*** January 2019 Thread ***

Family trip 1/26/19- 2/2/19. Straying offsite in a condo at Windsor hills. Booked room and rental car yesterday,I've been stalking southwest trying to decide best flight times and price, also trying to decide how many park days we want to have

So excited, our last trip was in sept 2013.

Has anyone seen what time the Rivers of Lights show will be in January? I can't find it on the Disney page and I've seen conflicting times elsewhere.

We are going Jan 26-Feb 2nd to celebrate a double birthday for me (on the 26) and my daughter (turns 5 on the 30). DS(6) and DH will also be going. Not sure where we’ll stay but leaning towards the Poly. Looking for fun special things to do since this is a very special trip for us!

Okay, so I have rationalized to myself that it only makes sense to add a couple more days to our vacation for sanity's sake. :rolleyes1

The original plan had us flying out of Pittsburgh at 5:50a on Monday and leaving Orlando at 9:55p on Friday...this is where the rationalization comes in...the early morning flight is going to leave DF and DS super tired and most likely cranky, so essentially we would likely lose a day due to attitude. Therefore, it's worth the extra roughly $350 for two extra nights and an extra day on the PH (since the flights were the same price) to leave them sleep in on Saturday and fly down in the afternoon, arriving in time to eat and get a good night's rest. This will give us an extra Park day and we can start out our vacation feeling relaxed and rested!!!!:snooty: So, we are now arriving on January 26, but still staying through February 1.

Family trip 1/26/19- 2/2/19. Straying offsite in a condo at Windsor hills. Booked room and rental car yesterday,I've been stalking southwest trying to decide best flight times and price, also trying to decide how many park days we want to have

So excited, our last trip was in sept 2013.

Welcome, @jameyh! I’ve added you to the roll call. My hubby and boys haven’t been to Disney since 2013, either! They are excited to see all the changes. I’ve been there a couple of times since then... I leave them behind to go on girls trips. Tee hee!

We are going Jan 26-Feb 2nd to celebrate a double birthday for me (on the 26) and my daughter (turns 5 on the 30). DS(6) and DH will also be going. Not sure where we’ll stay but leaning towards the Poly. Looking for fun special things to do since this is a very special trip for us!

Welcome, @Ambehnke, I’ve added you to the roll call with a TBD for your resort for now. Birthday trips are great! How about a couple of special places to eat? Or if you have extra funds, maybe a dessert party or special tour?

Okay, so I have rationalized to myself that it only makes sense to add a couple more days to our vacation for sanity's sake. :rolleyes1

The original plan had us flying out of Pittsburgh at 5:50a on Monday and leaving Orlando at 9:55p on Friday...this is where the rationalization comes in...the early morning flight is going to leave DF and DS super tired and most likely cranky, so essentially we would likely lose a day due to attitude. Therefore, it's worth the extra roughly $350 for two extra nights and an extra day on the PH (since the flights were the same price) to leave them sleep in on Saturday and fly down in the afternoon, arriving in time to eat and get a good night's rest. This will give us an extra Park day and we can start out our vacation feeling relaxed and rested!!!!:snooty: So, we are now arriving on January 26, but still staying through February 1.

@JennyWren, I’ve updated your dates on the roll call, and now your dates and resort exactly match @Truxi! I totally agree with your justification for adding days, by the way. :-)

For a very special mommy daughter experience, although pricey, the Perfectly Princess Tea at the GF is amazing! She gets a dolly, special time with Briar Rose, etc. and it's such a wonderful memory. For fun with the whole family, the Family Magic Tour is a very neat experience that is like a scavenger hunt around the MK ending with a meeting with a special character.

Joining in for our pre-cruise stay from 1/24-1/28 at the Poly! Traveling with my husband and 2yo (she will be a newly 3 yo on this trip). Excited to read what others are planning!

Has anyone been able to book the California Grill brunch for January? I tried at my 180 days (180+4) and there was nothing. Wasn't sure if it was totally booked or not yet released.

ADR today I got everything we wanted except lunch with an Imagineer, the web page kept giving me errors messages and then they were gone. I will keep checking maybe something will open up there is plenty of time. It is something my son has wanted to do and he is finally old enough.

So excited that we were able to get all of our desired reservations. I feel like we’ll be tired of eating before our trip is done.

Boma Dinner
Tusket House Lunch w/Nighttime show special seating
Sanaa Lunch
Be Our Guest Lunch/Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
Bon Voyage Character Breakfast/California Grill Dinner
Garden Grill Breakfast
Trails End Dinner
Skipper Canteen Dinner/Fireworks Dessert Party
Mama Melrose Lunch Package/Sci-Fi Dine In Dinner
Beaches and Cream Lunch

Now just waiting to book a few VIP tours and hopefully the FEA dessert party. This is our first trip EVER and we don’t expect to be able to head back for a long time. So excited!!

We will be at my happy place Jan 11 - 15 at Old Key West for marathon weekend. I'm not running, my DD is, 1/2 and full marathon. My 83 year old mother and step dad will be joining us but they are staying at Boardwalk Inn, their favorite.

Today was 1/2 days that I have to wake up at 3am since we have two separate room reservations.
I got our 'Ohana and Skipper Canteen reservations but I've already set up for an alert for a later time at Ohana. I got one at 3:55pm and that is just way too early.

Booked a new January trip for the wife and I. Jan 23rd - Jan 29th. We'll also be staying up at Universal Studios a few days to do that.

Staying at the BWV. I was able to get all my dinner reservations as well - California Grill/Be Our Guest. Trip is tentative but I suspect will be a go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter