January 2018

MinMou

DIS Veteran
We are going Jan 20-28. I am hoping to find someone else with a preschooler going around then, but even if that doesn't happen, it will be fun to countdown to our trip with others going in January. DH is not a planner, and making ADRs 6 months in advance seems insane to him. But he's not stopping me, thank goodness.

Anyone else making plans this far in advance?

I usually start planning about 2 years in advance so I think 8 months is nothing lol

Considering a trip in January, just not sure if I am being totally crazy since we just got back two weeks ago lol

You're not alone! We'll be at Boardwalk Villas from Jan 22-28 (Jan 19-22 on the Disney Dream).

I'm just sitting around thinking about 180 Day dining reservation window and 75 Day Disney Cruise Line activity window.

MamaJessie, I actually started planning this trip right after our trip to Disneyland in October 2015, so 2 years sounds right to me.
tarheelz, how old will your kids be when you are at the world? Our son will be 4.

We are going Jan 20-28. I am hoping to find someone else with a preschooler going around then, but even if that doesn't happen, it will be fun to countdown to our trip with others going in January. DH is not a planner, and making ADRs 6 months in advance seems insane to him. But he's not stopping me, thank goodness.

Anyone else making plans this far in advance?

Bummer-- we'll just miss you!! We will be there Jan 28-Feb 1st with our preschool age son (he'll turn 4 in May 2018)

I've been planning this trip on paper since March of this year but in my head since last July when we found out we were expecting again. (We were avoiding FL because of the fear of Zika so it was a relief to finally be able to plan a trip!! )

Where do you plan on staying? We're renting DVC points and staying at AKL-- we've always done moderate resorts and the price is surprisingly comparable. My son is going to flip when he realizes we're going to "Mickeys castle" and get to see giraffes every day, two of his absolute faves :)

Bummer-- we'll just miss you!! We will be there Jan 28-Feb 1st with our preschool age son (he'll turn 4 in May 2018)

I've been planning this trip on paper since March of this year but in my head since last July when we found out we were expecting again. (We were avoiding FL because of the fear of Zika so it was a relief to finally be able to plan a trip!! )

Where do you plan on staying? We're renting DVC points and staying at AKL-- we've always done moderate resorts and the price is surprisingly comparable. My son is going to flip when he realizes we're going to "Mickeys castle" and get to see giraffes every day, two of his absolute faves :)
This really is a bummer. My son would have loved to have met yours!
We are staying at the CR, because I have been dying to stay there since I first rode through it years ago. (Hence the picture in my signature). I figured that being in walking distance to MK was a good thing, and I think our little guy will love watching the monorail come through the atrium. We will try out one of the restaurants at AKL though.

I now have a complete dining plan!! 22 days before I can make ADRs, so I will still ask some friends to look my plan over, but I'm so happy to be ahead of schedule. Now I just need some pixie dust to get all the ones we want.

Just booked for Jan 26-30! And it just happened to be 179 days to go and so I've already started my ADR planning. Already got BOG dinner! We will be at Poly CL. Any other planners here?

We are going Jan 6 to 13. Art of animation. My wife myself and our two adult kids. Well 17 and 19.

We went same time last year and loved it. This year more parks are opened later so a bonus

We are going Jan 14-19 with a 8 yo, 6 yo and 1 yo. Staying in a Family Suite AOA. Will be me (grandmom) daughter and son in law. Anyone have any info on weather/crowds in that week? We already have our FastPass, magic bands and reservations. Any tips/tricks? I have not been since 2002, but this will be trip 5. I am so old I was there the year after it opened :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!