Jan 16th trip to US/IoA. NEED ADVICE

schwabegooftroop

Earning My Ears
The last time I was to Universal was the year it opened! I have no clue what to expect! Excited for HP!
We will be the Jan 16th- ?
What are the crowds like that time of year?
How many park days (will not be doing Vol Bay)?
Onsite or off?
Meal plan or no?
I've been to Disney several times and can plan that vacation like a pro! I have no idea how to plan this one.
Any guidance would be much appreciated!

I can't help with Jan crowds.

Park days kind of depends on you. Do you get bored at Disney ever? We do 4 days and could easily do 5. The kids like to hang out in the JP playground area and I could live in the HP areas. Some people get bored after 3 days though so it kind of depends on how leisurely you want to be and how much you like to redo rides.

If you can swing on-site it's very convenient and fun. If you can swing a deluxe resort you get EP which is awesome. It definitely keeps me from looking at off site options.

Never done the Uni meal plan so I can't help you there.

Welcome to the dark side. It's much more relaxed and laid back than Disney from a planning perspective.

:welcome:

Hi crowds will be lower then. We usually go from 5 to 7 days and stay on-site. We do go in the summer months which is pretty busy. We always at least do a deluxe hotel on site from 1-3 days to get the express pass then sometimes switch to one of the others (usually Cabana Bay) and will get Early Entry. We love Universal so we do not get bored. We usually do 4 to 5 park days (not full days) and then resort time. The express pass makes it nice and leisurely. I agree with pp that some people don't want to spend more than 2 days there and find it boring. I would look at the parks and some videos of the attractions to see how much you are interested in. The HP worlds are amazing and I can spend hours there alone.

I have done the dining plan. Personally I did not find much of a savings with it. There was one day we did when we ate at Thunder Falls Terrace in Islands of Adventure. We saved money because there was a milk shake and a drink combo. You could break even and if you bought it ahead of time won't have to worry. The nice thing is you can buy it right before you eat there. If you see a restaurant that has a combo meal it might be worth it.

Hope you enjoy your first trip and if any other questions ask away. This forum has great people to help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter