Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We have our first club level booked April 8-13. I can’t wait.
April

Wdw4rfam, 8th - 13th, AKL

Mernin, 8th -15th, AKL

L_MD, 13th - 16th, AKL

CeruleanMoon, 21st - 28th, Jambo

NightAngelX, 22nd - 28th, AKL

MissNurse, 25th - May 1st, AKL

I'll see you there! It's my annual AKL-CL birthday trip! Feb 3-9 <3
February

RedK, 3rd - 10th, AKL

RachelTori, 3rd - 9th, CL Jambo

Brandilla, 3rd - 10th, AKL

HolRae, 5th - 9th, CL Jambo

MaizeRage25, 10th - 11th, Jambo

Dug720, 18th - 23rd, AKL

We just got back from our trip, staying at AKL for the first part. We were in 5466 Zebra Trail, view of the pool, one bedroom. Rented DVC points. It was SO much bigger than our room last year! We had two balconies and the bedroom was much larger. Last year we were the last room down the hall, only one balcony and a smaller bedroom. Now I feel jipped from last year!

But, my daughter left her baby Maleficent in the room. Do we have any shot at getting it back?? Thanks!

I would call and see what they say, you might get some Disney Magic.

We just got back from our trip, staying at AKL for the first part. We were in 5466 Zebra Trail, view of the pool, one bedroom. Rented DVC points. It was SO much bigger than our room last year! We had two balconies and the bedroom was much larger. Last year we were the last room down the hall, only one balcony and a smaller bedroom. Now I feel jipped from last year!

But, my daughter left her baby Maleficent in the room. Do we have any shot at getting it back?? Thanks!
Someone might have brought it to the front. I’d definitely call. They will ship it to you

I'm home and I miss my Animal Kingdom Lodge home.

Housekeeping was a little off their game while we were there. At first they didn't stock enough towels and washcloths for the room, but that got better. One day they left their bathroom cleaner in the bathroom. Another day they left the tool used to make beds (and never picked it up on subsequent days). And then one day they just threw the blanket I brought with me on the floor when they made the bed and left it there. All more odd than anything.

What's the difference (besides price) between the value studio rooms at Jambo and the deluxe studio. Both categories offer standard view rooms and list the exact same amenities. The pictures also look identical.

Last edited:
What's the difference (besides price) between the value studio rooms at Jambo and the deluxe studio. Both categories offer standard view rooms and list the exact same amenities. The pictures also look identical.

The values are much narrower!

ALSO they are ALWAYS booked,
SO don!t EVER count on booking one on the WDW website.

The value studios, as mentioned, are smaller and are located on Ostrich or Giraffe trail on the 5th floor which are the 2 shorter halls in the front of Jambo. Your view can be front of resort, pool or slice of Sunset Savanna.
Deluxe studios are larger and are on the 5th floor on Kudu or Zebra trail. You can reserve standard view (pool or partial savanna view) or savanna view (more expensive.)

The values are much narrower!

ALSO they are ALWAYS booked,
SO don!t EVER count on booking one on the WDW website.

The value studios, as mentioned, are smaller and are located on Ostrich or Giraffe trail on the 5th floor which are the 2 shorter halls in the front of Jambo. Your view can be front of resort, pool or slice of Sunset Savanna.
Deluxe studios are larger and are on the 5th floor on Kudu or Zebra trail. You can reserve standard view (pool or partial savanna view) or savanna view (more expensive.)

Thank you both! We actually have one booked but every now and then I check to see if any better offer has become available, since we paid rack rate. So far I haven't seen anything better and kind of doubt I will since I think that is the least expensive room type AKL has. The location of the room sounds good and I love that they have tiny kitchenettes, so my only concern is they might start to feel cramped for a 7 night stay. There are only 3 of us though, so hopefully it'll be ok.

Thank you both! We actually have one booked but every now and then I check to see if any better offer has become available, since we paid rack rate. So far I haven't seen anything better and kind of doubt I will since I think that is the least expensive room type AKL has. The location of the room sounds good and I love that they have tiny kitchenettes, so my only concern is they might start to feel cramped for a 7 night stay. There are only 3 of us though, so hopefully it'll be ok.

The biggest drawback to me with the Value studios is there is no storage space for clothes. You will be able to hang some clothing in the cabinet (which shares space with a vacuum and pack & play), but there’s no drawer space so you will likely be living out of your suitcases.

The biggest drawback to me with the Value studios is there is no storage space for clothes. You will be able to hang some clothing in the cabinet (which shares space with a vacuum and pack & play), but there’s no drawer space so you will likely be living out of your suitcases.

Oh that stinks. At least I'll know ahead of time now though so it won't be an unwelcome surprise.

Just booked today! We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary Feb 14-17. We are looking forward to 2018, this year has really been a battle for us. DH was told he had cancer on his 50th birthday in June, but he has fought thur and made it to the other side, he has 4 treatments to complete his 6 cycles of chemo. Last one scheduled for Jan 3rd. He has responded well and is currently already in "remission" according to the dr's.

Just booked today! We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary Feb 14-17. We are looking forward to 2018, this year has really been a battle for us. DH was told he had cancer on his 50th birthday in June, but he has fought thur and made it to the other side, he has 4 treatments to complete his 6 cycles of chemo. Last one scheduled for Jan 3rd. He has responded well and is currently already in "remission" according to the dr's.

Glad to hear he has responded so well to treatment! Hope you guys have the most magical trip!

What is the best way to request adjoining rooms? Is there a number to fax my requests to or a number to call? Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts