Jambo House pool closure??

People on the general Jambo thread seem to think that general resort guests will be able to use the DVC pool at Kidani -- I don't see how that will be possible as DVC is a separate entity and surely only the DVC Jambo guests will have access to the Kidani pool. All the other guests will not have pool access at all.

You are not correct. Directly from the AKL Jambo House page on the WDW website (bolding mine):

Pool with Waterslide
Escape to an 11,000-square-foot pool with an exciting waterslide and gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, Uzima Pool includes a children’s wading pool and 2 whirlpool spas.

You can also cool off at Samawati Springs Pool, which offers a thrilling waterslide, 2 whirlpool spas and Uwanja Camp—an animal observation site-themed water playground with squirting Venus flytraps, a rope bridge, water cannons and more. Samawati Springs Pool is located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/

You are not correct. Directly from the AKL Jambo House page on the WDW website (bolding mine):

Pool with Waterslide
Escape to an 11,000-square-foot pool with an exciting waterslide and gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, Uzima Pool includes a children’s wading pool and 2 whirlpool spas.

You can also cool off at Samawati Springs Pool, which offers a thrilling waterslide, 2 whirlpool spas and Uwanja Camp—an animal observation site-themed water playground with squirting Venus flytraps, a rope bridge, water cannons and more. Samawati Springs Pool is located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/resorts/animal-kingdom-lodge/

Thank you for clarifying that. I still think that DVC AKL members might have a right to ask questions about the practicalities of this arrangement and the financing of it. The pool area at Kidani is small and expecting the area to cope with hundreds of resort guests from Jambo trying to use the facilities may lead to a lot of disgruntled Kidani guests, particularly as it is now too late for many DVC guests to relocate to other resorts. Will the additional use of the Kidani pool be reflected in reduced dues for AKL DVC members (as the costs are now more broadly shared with resort guests) do you think?

Thank you for clarifying that. I still think that DVC AKL members might have a right to ask questions about the practicalities of this arrangement and the financing of it. The pool area at Kidani is small and expecting the area to cope with hundreds of resort guests from Jambo trying to use the facilities may lead to a lot of disgruntled Kidani guests, particularly as it is now too late for many DVC guests to relocate to other resorts. Will the additional use of the Kidani pool be reflected in reduced dues for AKL DVC members (as the costs are now more broadly shared with resort guests) do you think?

Jambo house guests have always been able to use the pool at Kidani and vice versa, so no changes are needed. Any time there are any closures due to refurbishments there are people who are disgruntled, unfortunately things need to close for maintenance every once in a while, but it really is a bummer when it happens on your trip, we have been through many closures due to refurbishments and we do what we can to make the best of it.

Jambo house guests have always been able to use the pool at Kidani and vice versa, so no changes are needed

Really interested to hear if you think the Kidani pool area is big enough to accommodate all of the demand from guests at both Jambo and Kidani.

Really interested to hear if you think the Kidani pool area is big enough to accommodate all of the demand from guests at both Jambo and Kidani.

To be honest we don't use the Kidani pool much because I think the deck area is already too small and crowded, or at least it has been the few times we have been there, so when staying at Kidani we usually go over to Jambo anyway. I don't think that the fix is ideal, who would, but it is incorrect to state that the Kidani pool is for DVC only. I for one, as an AKV owner, am not going to spare a second thought over the financials when we are talking about a very short period of time during which there we be increased usage at one of the two pools that have always been available for those staying at either resort to use.

Oh, at times it will be more crowded for sure-It’s difficult because we want things to be updated and renovated-so someone is always going to be inconvenienced. I did see where a poster was offered the option of having his points returned-

Yes, I did.:goodvibes Encourage others who are DVC members to do the same to also alert them that notification has not been received!::yes::
I just emailed them. This is such a bummer!! It’s our FIRST EVER a stay at our new “home” after becoming DVC members (Ovt 26-29). I will be so annoyed with increased foot traffic and pool visitors. :sad1:

Will the pool be closed for sure ???
I booked out trip a few months ago (October 1-7) and do not remember seeing anything about the main pool being closed.
We really like using the main pool and are not big on the Kidani pool.

Will the pool be closed for sure ???
I booked out trip a few months ago (October 1-7) and do not remember seeing anything about the main pool being closed.
We really like using the main pool and are not big on the Kidani pool.

They made the announcement a few weeks ago, so it would have come after you made your reservation. And yes, it's a definite that the pool will be closed during that time. We're in the same boat, and it's a disappointing to say the least. :(

I just emailed them. This is such a bummer!! It’s our FIRST EVER a stay at our new “home” after becoming DVC members (Ovt 26-29). I will be so annoyed with increased foot traffic and pool visitors. :sad1:
CONGRATS:banana: on becoming new members! You will love it, despite this issue with the renovation at Jambo. I agree, pool will be crowded. Really stinks, DVC is not budging on doing anything for its members,:( at least "something". Hope that you enjoy despite the inconvenience!

Oh, at times it will be more crowded for sure-It’s difficult because we want things to be updated and renovated-so someone is always going to be inconvenienced. I did see where a poster was offered the option of having his points returned-
Yes, I agree, renovations are essential BUT why weren't members notified simultaneously when Magic Your Way guests were? I understand in my situation Food and Wind October studios are non existent BUT I simply would have been happy with a resort room instead. I requested that and DVC said yes it is available BUT I would have to pay the point difference from studio to resort room
RiDICULOUS, imo DVC should "cover" the ppint difference. Imo, I would never book a resort room on points, horrible use of points! Poor treatent of members on this issue IMO!:mad:Booked this studio 10 months prior to October, in December!

Yes, I agree, renovations are essential BUT why weren't members notified simultaneously when Magic Your Way guests were? I understand in my situation Food and Wind October studios are non existent BUT I simply would have been happy with a resort room instead. I requested that and DVC said yes it is available BUT I would have to pay the point difference from studio to resort room
RiDICULOUS, imo DVC should "cover" the ppint difference. Imo, I would never book a resort room on points, horrible use of points! Poor treatent of members on this issue IMO!:mad:Booked this studio 10 months prior to October, in December!

Jambo resort manager must have forgotten that they have 2 floors of DVC units. :rolleyes1

I don't get it either. We've been involved in more than 1 pool refurb and unfortunately Disney can't seem to figure out a plan to get the notifications out in a timely manner for DVC reservations but at least most of them have sent the dreaded - "we want to let you know" letter that comes from the resort to both hotel and DVC guests.

Disney really should offer a waterpark day pass for Jambo guests like they've done with other pool closures. I know those guests have the option of using Kidani pool, but with the amount of guests between the two resorts, it just seems like it'll be overwhelmed.

Disney really should offer a waterpark day pass for Jambo guests like they've done with other pool closures. I know those guests have the option of using Kidani pool, but with the amount of guests between the two resorts, it just seems like it'll be overwhelmed.
I agree. I asked DVC why they offered waterpark admission while the Volcano Pool at The Poly was being offered and MS said they were offered only because there was NO other pool was available as contrasted to Jambo renovation where they think combining Jambo guests and Kidani is acceptable. It's not, Kidani guests and Jambo guests won't be happy with overcrowded pool conditions. Should offer free water park admission as alternative for inconvenience!:(:(

Jambo resort manager must have forgotten that they have 2 floors of DVC units. :rolleyes1

I don't get it either. We've been involved in more than 1 pool refurb and unfortunately Disney can't seem to figure out a plan to get the notifications out in a timely manner for DVC reservations but at least most of them have sent the dreaded - "we want to let you know" letter that comes from the resort to both hotel and DVC guests.

I am not sure they consider 5 2BR (dedicated or lockoff) rooms as a full floor for Club Level since it is only a tenth the size of the other floors.:magnify:

I am not sure they consider 5 2BR (dedicated or lockoff) rooms as a full floor for Club Level since it is only a tenth the size of the other floors.:magnify:

There are 6 floors in Jambo, yes? All rooms on the 6th floor are DVC, yes? All rooms on the 5th floor are DVC, yes? So no other way than to say 2 floors of DVC. :D

I agree. I asked DVC why they offered waterpark admission while the Volcano Pool at The Poly was being offered and MS said they were offered only because there was NO other pool was available as contrasted to Jambo renovation where they think combining Jambo guests and Kidani is acceptable. It's not, Kidani guests and Jambo guests won't be happy with overcrowded pool conditions. Should offer free water park admission as alternative for inconvenience!:(:(
After seeing the size of Kidani’s pool I agree it isn’t big enough for both resorts. However DVC didn’t exist at the Poly when the Volcano pool was closed for renovation. It was all hotel at that time and between the DVC construction and the lava pool renovations I heard people say it was pretty bad. I think the water park access was simply to prevent Poly from losing lucrative cash reservations. What Disney chooses to pay for to appease their paying guests at their hotels is a little different than DVC. I’d think any compensation given to guests would have to come from member dues so I wonder if that is why it is so difficult to get moved/compensation when a pool undergoes renovations. I’m sure the water parks don’t give free access but rather the hotels pay some type of discounted rate for their guests to access it. That’s why when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge in 2014 (cash reservation) they either gave water park access to your party or $50 room credit per day while the main pool was down.

Huge thread on this over on The Dibb, UK Disney site. Many U.K. cash guests now moved to likes of Beach Club.

As of yesterday, AFTER several conversations with MS, NO letter yet on pool being refurbished for an October stay, booked at 10 months in December, 2017.:scared1: Poor treatment of members, seriously no notification? VERY DISAPPOINTED!>:(>:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter