Jambo House pool closure??

Quite a few years ago we were staying at BWV and the pool was closed for refurbishment and we were allowed to use Stormalong Bay at BCV.

The next year or so we were at BCV and Stormalong Bay was closed and BWV pool was the choice given us, but the day we arrived they had begun to fill Stormalong Bay and it opened the next day. We lucked out for the rest of our trip.

It was rather disturbing to read your above account. Curious, did you receive any sort of compensation?

Definitely Jambo guests will be inconvenienced, between noise & construction dust, balconies would be out for me

However, Kidani pool is way too small to accommodate the overflow of another resort.

At risk of beating that dead horse, it doubly irritates me that any consideration is something guests typically need to request. IMO it should be automatically extended to all guests.

When I first read about the pool closure, my initial disappointment was about the pool itself. We don't swim too often and there is plenty to do around the resort so I figured that I could get over that disappointment pretty easily. Then it dawned on me that since we are in a standard view room, we are very likely to be directly overlooking the pool/construction zone. My girls sleep in until about 9am and I am usually up and about by 6am since I get up at 3am on my regular work days. I had been planning to go down to the pool and lounge around until they decide to get up in the morning, but now that's not going to happen. Then I thought about just hanging out on the balcony. Well now that's probably not going to happen either. My only hope is that we can luck out and get one of the standard rooms that is a partial savanna view and not facing the pool.

I have mixed feelings about compensation for DVC members. Part of me feels that if some people get it (i.e. cash guests), then everyone should get it. On the other hand, I'm not "entitled" to anything so therefore I don't really feel like I should ask for any compensation. It will definitely be an inconvenience that will have a negative impact on my vacation any Disney has often provided compensation for things like this in the past, but I still feel odd asking for something.

When I first read about the pool closure, my initial disappointment was about the pool itself. We don't swim too often and there is plenty to do around the resort so I figured that I could get over that disappointment pretty easily. Then it dawned on me that since we are in a standard view room, we are very likely to be directly overlooking the pool/construction zone. My girls sleep in until about 9am and I am usually up and about by 6am since I get up at 3am on my regular work days. I had been planning to go down to the pool and lounge around until they decide to get up in the morning, but now that's not going to happen. Then I thought about just hanging out on the balcony. Well now that's probably not going to happen either. My only hope is that we can luck out and get one of the standard rooms that is a partial savanna view and not facing the pool.

I have mixed feelings about compensation for DVC members. Part of me feels that if some people get it (i.e. cash guests), then everyone should get it. On the other hand, I'm not "entitled" to anything so therefore I don't really feel like I should ask for any compensation. It will definitely be an inconvenience that will have a negative impact on my vacation any Disney has often provided compensation for things like this in the past, but I still feel odd asking for something.

There are some other nice places around the resort to hang out. Several seating areas that look out over the savannah overlook and the chairs around the firepit down by the overlook itself are ones that come to mind. It's not the pool but the water itself doesn't sound like it was the main draw.

Has this closure been posted yet anywhere "official"? This is the downside of only one pool at this resort. Really disappointed...

This Jambo pool refurbishment will certainly make for crowded pool scene at Kidani!:( Can't Disney wait until January, February, March for pool refurbishment, especially because Easter break will be later in April in '19?:confused::confused: Certainly September through November is very busy with Food and Wine, then Nov-Dec with the holiday guests. Why September through winter instead of deferring in "slower" demand months when guests may necessarily not use pool as much during those months? :scratchin:confused3

Has this closure been posted yet anywhere "official"? This is the downside of only one pool at this resort. Really disappointed...
A number of cash guests have received notification via email. There's nothing that I could find on the Members' website.

Anyone know if they're putting in a better waterslide?? The current one is pretty lame compared to Kidani's!

This Jambo pool refurbishment will certainly make for crowded pool scene at Kidani!:( Can't Disney wait until January, February, March for pool refurbishment, especially because Easter break will be later in April in '19?:confused::confused: Certainly September through November is very busy with Food and Wine, then Nov-Dec with the holiday guests. Why September through winter instead of deferring in "slower" demand months when guests may necessarily not use pool as much during those months? :scratchin:confused3

I can see an argument to rotate months that the refurbs are done. Last year it seemed 4-5 resorts were all refurbing their pools in Jan-Mar as usual. Eventually it's nice for those who go during that time to actually have open pools and visitors at other times to share the inconvenience.

But one thing - doesn't it seem like Disney has to refurb their pools more than anywhere else and also take longer than anywhere else? Maybe it's my imagination because I don't keep track of when refurbs have been done. With Jambo though I don't really recall any long refurb since they changed the paint color from looking like the watering hole it was originally themed to.

Anyone know if they're putting in a better waterslide?? The current one is pretty lame compared to Kidani's!

Of all the things they might be doing that would be unusual. It seems like the only waterslide changes have been adding where there weren't any at all to start. Or maybe the Volcano pool at Poly got a change? I know they had a lot of construction around the slide at one time but I don't really know if it was changed or not.

Had a conversation today with MS again and they are not offering anything at all BECAUSE Kidani pool is an alternative. I expressed my concern that the Kidani pool will certainly be overcrowded.:scared1: I asked about being moved to a resort room at no additional points because of inconvenience to Beach Club/Boardwalk/Poly/Grand Floridian and MS response was that "no compensation" is offered. I would have to exchange the Jambo studio for a resort room at much more points per night, like a regular resort booking. I commented to MS that imo, booking a resort room at so many extra vacation points per night versus a studio is not a good use of points. Disappointed,:scratchin since I booked this stay at Jambo for our October stay in December.

Had a conversation today with MS again and they are not offering anything at all BECAUSE Kidani pool is an alternative. I expressed my concern that the Kidani pool will certainly be overcrowded.:scared1: I asked about being moved to a resort room at no additional points because of inconvenience to Beach Club/Boardwalk/Poly/Grand Floridian and MS response was that "no compensation" is offered. I would have to exchange the Jambo studio for a resort room at much more points per night, like a regular resort booking. I commented to MS that imo, booking a resort room at so many extra vacation points per night versus a studio is not a good use of points. Disappointed,:scratchin since I booked this stay at Jambo for our October stay in December.

Illustrates that alternatives aren’t always good options i suppose.o_O

Thanks for sharing.

With SWA release date next week, guess I need to have a talk with the mr and discuss some other non WDW ‘alternatives’.

Illustrates that alternatives aren’t always good options i suppose.o_O

Thanks for sharing.

With SWA release date next week, guess I need to have a talk with the mr and discuss some other non WDW ‘alternatives’.
The points for resort rooms are pretty insane, imo.:scratchin Makes much better sense to just do a cash booking or a Magic Your Way Package if you need tickets.::yes:: Looking for SW flights for a Universal December quick 3 night/4 day trip pre holiday and pre winter "blues"...Hoping that SW flights are "reasonable".:wizard:

The points for resort rooms are pretty insane, imo.:scratchin Makes much better sense to just do a cash booking or a Magic Your Way Package if you need tickets.::yes:: Looking for SW flights for a Universal December quick 3 night/4 day trip pre holiday and pre winter "blues"...Hoping that SW flights are "reasonable".:wizard:
So there aren’t any resorts available to rebook? Not even OKW or SSR?
This past April at Kidani we spent mornings/early afternoon at the pool. We had the place practically to ourselves until 11 or 12. We went to the parks between 3 and 4. With fps booked and then adding we were able to do everything we wanted. So maybe it won’t be too bad-it’s such a beautiful resort-I hope it all works out!

Prefer swa but have use both allegiance $ spirit frequently. Out of PIT I’ve snagged RT flights on spirit this year under $50 pp

We r in jambo for 10 nights. I have 3 studios booked for my family and my parents and sister in law. I didn’t realize all this till 2 days ago. I checked for studios anywhere. Nada not even Saratoga which I thought was nuts that’s even full. There isn’t even 2 bedrooms available for a full week. I called. They said do u want to cx and get ur points back. I said no I have flights already. They said I could waitlist 3 rooms. They would do it manually. I said no cause I can’t habe my parents or sister in law alone at another resort. They would get lost. Seriously. My parents just follow us like tourists. It’s pretty funny. My sister in law has only been to Disney once and we’ll she would have issues navigating all around.

We r in early and out quick people anymore for the parks. We use the pool a lot. Parks r just too busy mid day anymore.

They said we could pool hop to another resort. Wait they would let us. I said u already let us.

Sometimes I wonder. I really do.

Have they stopped direct buses to the water parks? They could re-add them during this refurbishment so at least people could have easier access to an alternative.

So there aren’t any resorts available to rebook? Not even OKW or SSR?
This past April at Kidani we spent mornings/early afternoon at the pool. We had the place practically to ourselves until 11 or 12. We went to the parks between 3 and 4. With fps booked and then adding we were able to do everything we wanted. So maybe it won’t be too bad-it’s such a beautiful resort-I hope it all works out!
Thanks, it definitely is a beautiful resort.:thumbsup2
NO availability at all; October is SO POPULAR with F&W. On the "upside", we are not late sleepers, so perhaps we get some pool time in the earlier morning, when it is not super crowded.:banana:

We r in jambo for 10 nights. I have 3 studios booked for my family and my parents and sister in law. I didn’t realize all this till 2 days ago. I checked for studios anywhere. Nada not even Saratoga which I thought was nuts that’s even full. There isn’t even 2 bedrooms available for a full week. I called. They said do u want to cx and get ur points back. I said no I have flights already. They said I could waitlist 3 rooms. They would do it manually. I said no cause I can’t habe my parents or sister in law alone at another resort. They would get lost. Seriously. My parents just follow us like tourists. It’s pretty funny. My sister in law has only been to Disney once and we’ll she would have issues navigating all around.

We r in early and out quick people anymore for the parks. We use the pool a lot. Parks r just too busy mid day anymore.

They said we could pool hop to another resort. Wait they would let us. I said u already let us.

Sometimes I wonder. I really do.
This is a great example of how difficult it really is to secure reservations, especially during F&W. Really amazing, 5 months out, not one room to be had. Surprising, SSR has always been available in the past. Quite frankly, VERY SURPRISED. Perhaps since it is becoming much more difficult to secure reservations generally, Disney could do better planning on announcing pool renovation schedules and coordinate with DVC. How about announcing pool renovation at 7 months in advance of a renovation? At seven months out, it is likely that another resort would have been available, SSR or OKW probably. At five months out, nothing is available and I still have not received notification in the mail. :scratchin:eek::confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter