It's MARVEL-ous on the MAGIC! Oct 2017 Canada Coast Cruise COMPLETE! See Ya Real Soon!

What a fun cruise and bonus that's it's Marvel. I remember reading your Star Wars cruise and loved your costumes. I can't wait to see all the Marvel shirts/costumes you and Steve will be wearing.
Your door is perfect. What a great idea of just cutting a poster. :thumbsup2

Thank you for reading! It was such a fun cruise, we loved everything!
We had a lot of costumes with us this trip!!
Yeah I take the door thing seriously because we're right next to the elevators so have to step it up a level, haha.

Jumping a board . Can’t wait to find out what Steve’s dad thought of the cruise and all the marvel things

My in-laws had no idea what they were in for. I don't think they expected all the costumes. They only knew about pirate night because of the last Disney cruise we went on 2 years ago. But they loved seeing all the costumes!

Hi Su-Lynn
So excited about your Marvel Cruise :boat:
Great job on your door.
Looking forward to your report.

Thank you!!! It was a fabulous cruise!!

Marking my place. Can’t wait to come back, read, and catch up on your adventure!

Great to see you here. Thank you!!!

I'm here! Yay! Can't wait to hear about it!

Yay! Can't wait to show you all that we did in Canada!

Uggh! That sounds rough!!

Yes it was. Made the cruise much more of a treat!!!

Following, I live in Atlantic Canada and can't wait to see what you did at each port.

Welcome! Thank you for reading!! Your ports are beautiful!

Following along. What is fish extenders? I have not been on a cruise in many years so Forgive me, lol! Your door looks so cute all decorated with baby Marvel characters. You and your family look so nice in the pictures! I imagine the food on the cruise is awesome. Excited to hear more.

Fish extenders are a Disney-only thing where you join a group and swap gifts among cabins. About 15 cabins per group and you can join adults-only or families etc. I joined the one for our cruise on Facebook. It's called a Fish Extender because the hanging pockets you get for your cabin hangs from a "fish" shaped hook. Gifts can be anything - homemade stuff, keychains, baked goods, tote bags, etc. It's really popular and we had fun doing it except that it's a lot of stuff to bring and take home. If I weren't leaving from a port in NY I'd probably not join again.
Thank you so much! We had a wonderful cruise!

Following along!

Yay!!

So exciting! I can't wait to read more and see all your outfits ;)

Yay!! Thanks for reading!

So excited to follow along on another one of your trip reports!

Thank you for reading!!!

I am here! So very excited to read about your MAGICal adventures.

Yay! Hi Karin!!

I'm here!!!

Hi Tracy!!!

I'm super envious!!! Cannot wait to hear all about it :thumbsup2

Thank you!!

Joining in! I love when the port is so close to home, when the Wonder sailed out of San Pedro it was very convenient and we were back home 20 minutes after disembarking.

It's sooooo nice! I'm gonna have to think twice about sailing from anywhere else now, haha.

Sounds like your first day was a breeze! I didn't realize you folks were landlords too! Since I have about nine months until my next cruise, I will have to live vicariously through your experiences!

It was a really great first day despite my bloody nose.
Technically Steve is the landlord. It was his apt when we first got married and then lived there. So I just pick out the paint colors he deals with the tenants and the mgmt company. It's a pain to own in NYC though. It's mostly co-ops and they have strict rules. Boo.
Haha I have no cruise booked next, just a placeholder. I'm aiming for 2019 - Steve wants to do Europe!

Love your trip reports! Thanks for all the detail and food photos. It’s exciting to see what adventures you have at the new port and the Marvel Day at Sea activities. Let me know how that compares to the SWDAS since you did that too.

All caught up! You’re off to a great start. How cool it became a Marvel day at Sea after you’d booked the placeholder - what great serendipity! I’ve never done a cruise because I’m worried about sea sickness but I’m very tempted to try one. It also just seems so overwhelming with new stuff to learn- just when I just got Disney World figured out, haha. Your door looks so cute! Can’t wait to hear more!

Following along and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on PEI

I work about 500metres away from the waterfront in Charlottetown and my lunchtime walk usually takes in a close view of whatever ship is in port that day.
Walked down and caught the Magic around 1pm on Tuesday and there was certainly a little bit of pixie dust in the air

Always feel sorry for the many cruises that come in to port in October as the island tends to have packed up mid September and its very much a skeleton tourist operation by October but I did notice they upped their game with the maiden visit of the Magic.

Looking forward to following along with your adventures!

Thank you!! Great seeing you here!

Love your trip reports! Thanks for all the detail and food photos. It’s exciting to see what adventures you have at the new port and the Marvel Day at Sea activities. Let me know how that compares to the SWDAS since you did that too.

Thank you so much for reading! In terms of SWDAS vs MDAS, they were both awesome and very similar in format - there were some meet n greets you schedule ahead of time (online) and some which you just show up at a certain time as well as characters roaming around the ship. There were definitely less people into Marvel than Star Wars so it definitely felt like less crowds in the atrium - but you do see a lot of fans dressed up. I personally loved it a little more, just because you don't really get to experience Marvel stuff at Disney World, and only a little at Disneyland, so it was nice and refreshing to have meet n greets with these characters!

All caught up! You’re off to a great start. How cool it became a Marvel day at Sea after you’d booked the placeholder - what great serendipity! I’ve never done a cruise because I’m worried about sea sickness but I’m very tempted to try one. It also just seems so overwhelming with new stuff to learn- just when I just got Disney World figured out, haha. Your door looks so cute! Can’t wait to hear more!

Thank you!!! Yes it was a nice little surprise! Some people were just eh about it, but i was jumping up and down. Yeah the sea sickness is a little tricky. you never know what to expect...it can be unpredictable. But for the most part, it was fine for us, a little rough at the end of the trip. I saw many people with the "patch" I think it is scolpamine or something like that from their doctor. It's supposed to help tremendously with motion sickness.
I can tell you right now that cruising is sooooo different than dealing with the parks. There is very little you need to do before hand. Sure if you want to pre-book spa treatments or some meet n greets and fine dining you can do that ahead of time to secure a spot but there are usually walk-ins for everything. You can not plan a thing and get on board and do everything at guest services or at the spa. It's much much easier, and a plus, no park hopping involved! Definitely the "easiest" Disney vacation ever!

Following along and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on PEI

I work about 500metres away from the waterfront in Charlottetown and my lunchtime walk usually takes in a close view of whatever ship is in port that day.
Walked down and caught the Magic around 1pm on Tuesday and there was certainly a little bit of pixie dust in the air

Always feel sorry for the many cruises that come in to port in October as the island tends to have packed up mid September and its very much a skeleton tourist operation by October but I did notice they upped their game with the maiden visit of the Magic.

Hi!! Thank you so much for reading! Pixie dust indeed! You have an amazing island! Everyone we met and spoke to was so friendly and kind. We ate delicious seafood, and had the most wonderful experience on our tour! Our tour guide said the whole town was waiting for the Magic to arrive as it was the first time DCL had been there, at least to his knowledge (and he seemed to know everything about PEI!) so we did see a lot of spectators and cars around the port during our arrival.

Yeah I was a little bummed the lobster suppers ended before we arrived, but that just means we'll have to make a trip back!! All the shops around the port seemed to be open though and we had fabulous weather that day which made the experience even better. I hope DCL returns there on future cruises as it's an amazing port!!

... Yeah the sea sickness is a little tricky. you never know what to expect...it can be unpredictable. But for the most part, it was fine for us, a little rough at the end of the trip. I saw many people with the "patch" I think it is scolpamine or something like that from their doctor. It's supposed to help tremendously with motion sickness.
I can tell you right now that cruising is sooooo different than dealing with the parks. There is very little you need to do before hand. Sure if you want to pre-book spa treatments or some meet n greets and fine dining you can do that ahead of time to secure a spot but there are usually walk-ins for everything. You can not plan a thing and get on board and do everything at guest services or at the spa. It's much much easier, and a plus, no park hopping involved! Definitely the "easiest" Disney vacation ever!

Thanks for the info! I think I’m just going to “have” to try it for myself to know for sure if cruising is for me. :laughing: I will be taking notes throughout your report on any tips and tricks. :goodvibes

Excited to read about your latest cruise adventures. I too am a Anne of Green Gables fan, so looking forward to hearing about the heritage site visit.

Following along! I decided to go ahead and book a solo 4-night in Feb 2019! I figure with 4 nights it won’t be too intimidating doing it alone! Though if an IGT opens up for spring 2018 I may just take that!

Day 1 Part 2: Leaving NYC

Here's a little video I put together of our embarkation and our stateroom. I used a new Gopro Hero 5. I had never used it prior to this trip. It was definitely a learning experience! Please ignore my bad dialogue and blank stares into the camera. I am not used to video, haha.

It was funny that Steve's parents went through the 2nd entryway as we were boarding the ship so our family got announced twice, haha.

Here's our Silver Castaway Club gift: a sling backpack. It was pretty cool! definitely a nice change from the usual tote bag. It was laying on our bed as we walked in. Only 2 more cruises before we're Gold!

4M6r91tSeKR-AQfv4vJeaQI-M_xk6_Jp36cvTK92msZT2AJKINtYAHsCGacXgUUXN_evwSBC5LnnhsImYHty5Fw8gTl3Q-kV6w0fGSc_r8Z8tvXv4KAnm_fN8G0UUjKNuwh_U2A7a1KrKcEuexE0vbgcgdF6-suHgVcuUakxrSlqwZwE7KQ3GBIPP9AzCO0iY6q-H3FuBGTBTMtIQsPYa8GSLgJI12CZsANrJO03PWs2hIomPM6rmW8ztjrHXpvGGEPfFr9jfZo3X6wI211M5QWsYxrCZ6HHJ9Lvx19bMVZO8wJ77vErZ3e5R8fuLrHOKl3K2X2Mronvn0ASH4VPy1i7K21HA8HdW3JebWvTTFd55CUtSCAM0ORPfc7H60GSeAz4ipFV_VEtIcItuYU55LzHYqFQBhBMij6dB_s6WqbTwjcWnbX-_UA_DEQ6ldTO9fVynHCrSYmIZSEPqmuIQ9k1KJhRkP43zAo4SVzACghlqTcmiBKvGqmsNd65eG77H6ycHHlq9pPMfOtAi3ntYXjhq3zky7b0YYvWf8DvrW2fjmxmGBKixTujr-AOWWmRJt2Cp0GShW8RybjZiQ-_nPpHDRujoyttrMoDXKnlPaw=w478-h637-no

Prior to the cruise I had signed up for our Facebook group's Meet n Greet which was held in Keys, the piano bar area of the adult section on Deck 3 forward. I had never really hung out here before, but it's a lovely little piano bar with art deco themed Mickey artwork.

-hqeMduRZJMzylrIbTqvSioUORmy7QYyNjp2xELAoJp0H19iZkHc2ZYDJLmTMFntKqIQssMpFHx4jP26PsD2HwOSTerH0mXJEv0EKWg3K_HtlW-LzdnyYQVSsK2X9o8bU9eHCd6XoaR7k4H9ZJTktpnkyPsjg5y-SESK2KtuLXy5mNTFv7BrQJFOB46oM6Uu9107ARhaMcftsuXQ-uyFe6m7_cG2mz2Jfq1yN6G16Oj7Bbv_g2npRNqcH2ldOt2wjRmleqUijyHg2E_YD777sq9OUYGlg9wb62aXpIGjoeFrX29LZqzSpgPiZ9LCbSZOlXCz9Y-UUCB4LTF2WI7s7rytOh5QfpkG83WxuznEw7dXUwH6qwyR_2oBlopZ9F6evr7cFwSP2mIR1FUy3YBEaa4urYwJEspnRfWjFYf2b6Q-gryYwRxLoKIsSPiXABNGxe43qr4TllzDROjY7e0TiFUQEvSUqlE8iXYqiL9VXXcIjQl3xebys5a9TAnxavFIO6ul7MY6I-uKxHYo9AIzaQLl4DAJAH32l59Pyc_-9_ETHznHZXAYwQ-6x-ZeeQ3TTQ-eC14IV_WOqKzUJRgGjlRkxrkxrr4JiDWEObb2I2A=w800-h600-no

ftv3PodvVHQDBTprM_okUdU6Eosb7_8-4ZCUbmkitPDDeNp00iuuciHcUig1yWdKzSMraUgq0ceRIlkKQWgWsohZkifxiFGJWtf_rEwhHhdgedSj07PO2CseubMMqr_cSi8jU6mCipbTlegWep-0W-ZDms089qDlt7nj0MFueQB5ppcM3FAavNB0Fh9-GvPzHNfL5C3pMcj1p9iQWsKjYBVeIpI7YAVpvNGE83nLCfGeHhol7suUOe2UndNasZdZJr9oZZYUbtOedkKM00RGyf0n_dc8JE6DiJkxsHwJdU-8SbRO57rUVXi6w2bBq0OtVDH_OW0aLhkPaC-ub3gGUOdVILg7qn1dgYPQspgp228o2mZqwLTvnSzEMk_4jGUk9Ck7EZLRA4A80syitNjNmdj6EgFOtk4aFeAFKCSb62BUUuQwJh2nQ5bPwAoNnc1ut4NFM9Ar47XRt5S0kFGahw6yRIj6rFEGj05_2Jv1DfaT1fc4kyNYwXttiEZ_DajseNOT4VVslIBtt8uN3oZUXcRk2jgpZCwL2LomQ2BIs40Ov70noRjLsb9zecl-rJqDgl7ovRXg-D4OZ1X7FkU3-npOeYiH3WFp2rj1s-cTcHE=w800-h600-no

We each paid 10 bucks as part of the event, and it included alcohol to our surprise (I thought it was a cash bar) - so we got some fancy colorful mixed drinks (it might have been the drink of the day) beer, and wine.

I didn't know anyone in this group personally but it looked like some people knew others from previous cruises and were chit chatting so Steve and I just sat somewhere enjoying our drinks. Soon two lovely ladies came to talk to us, and we found out that one of them has done 18 DCL cruises!! I guess she's almost at double platinum now! Her name is Shelly and I'm afraid I forgot her friend's name. We had a great time chatting with the two of them. Then another couple with a son came over and started chatting with us too. Turns out the guy, Jeff, is an EMT at WDW! They were also platinum cruisers and as we spoke we mentioned we were going to WDW the week after and he told us to contact him and we can meet up in Epcot. He was also going to be on duty for the Fall Fast 5k which we were running. Let's hope I didn't need to be rescued.

Here's a picture of our little "group"

ni9PrHu_BSb1xZmfm2rrjY7A_jOKgvYTAZYhfLFy2R07k1ESCXZJItWepMP0b7dHUUcuXvmMEUVJ2v4Q0RKq-ftg0V0Y6yc4bahyONdF8TaKeEM9q2x6xpK3Niusxww24k9Art8T9-YOiSXg7WojsaEN-i3wHimutmt2zswknKkqwZjMdnLdvC38lPhVBRzaExxpEtv2sCcWhdxFOxumYZAPMq6ZQYQRrKXZXTpzFt5xzU4WKSCIb8yoCgcNpetjKTOSuNOE6Q2l3I1Jl8lsKzSDvSNffqWxvMhnlSA-C0p2RQ2LxGn9aHjp2NCXlnaoJJnpwU1jTLibwcIMNif9vcS0C1Aclcd0p7r6b7_GbrRq3gliG-z9ezPwUZnDis-1NbqPyuQo6P1XHfkVtX3aRfMt_-87csw3R6S0l4YWwBcak5ev3QlLHBM_LdtBod5URabRmVC5oSjJZGixOp51Y8CeRfHE4Xrt1ErxBmqvC6DqdSKzZeMJdrF20BS5IIrfJNBqTbT571lfg8MMg8gqO8CIup5gFiOXE-FIlB5FmSiRV65IVLDAILzcvzXV3gFQzjCzvAhHk0J92GF6MuSz8YYS9Z1hagyK21eDaiQnIhk=w815-h637-no

Steve, Shelly, Jeff and myself. We entered as strangers and left as friends, it was really cool!

Soon it was time to get to our stations for the muster drill - I think we were in "N" so we headed there first without bothering to stop back in our room. We were early so we played some shuffleboard to pass the time. A bit tricky to play when you have people walking back and forth but we made do. Let me tell ya, when you've had a few drinks, you think you're an expert at shuffleboard. #tipsygames

Lining up for the muster drill, probably still a little too "happy" from drinks:

_XWRmvbPOSPXEIwTXiSY_rXm7WFdwbKXtZxYb_rBw3ydQ4so7d3kYWje1wUdqSuUFUzaQcTq3-D35j5CyOCCcMkWXjDs6OBMeMMyo5H_rLKned0c_cApKTdn3OYa9WwvOAw8CDqP-aiVt-ATHDbwvhUZN_f2OvkH4l0n2Gq1h3rmLYCzWxqDdvCfsFvaNOgcInQaeCBG4wmeo4FCnEYNWHPgSKTgIG3YnDSHJP-VNcOXCBLIwZwYF6aYrZW8bQKtgD3cFDsnWasXnDmq1wDT4EMEXnQkm3kc2zTFOodSKJ_cH6d-f1MjHAUteW3qY-Xn5baW8KZL6uZVvbkNEn_ovmg_vgmeir2xRbblk5WGUsVekMRUanmTF0IucuqfEZ-12mv4dt3TKfkQ7nmk9PYlP38KBFi3lAE540kSsDNoXwf2i4SHlo74pANO5I-Quc663YucI5EyV0ZdJ0xM14qfnL5BzLhZdyIE85eXRIty2EpY1CMllAiuUrbn1HANOJRxVsimZGk2Z6zSrGrdG6vcXSkYH9hw0ER8uBA8aFBH9wxJr-9xVHfuq6Ez85zGszDP5QbLqhEv73LuYizDM_BVfDrFXXULlTHgUMGBznKl_0c=w800-h533-no

woq6_y8XYw77yukSy-3vz1pWLPy_VN09a1UF6HZgXIgVn7sCCOSvmlvLSumf7nKSiMJCgXKg7sZYwvNyoley_70O1asF-Ef0WYac5J3V_dFBD9q9jIqARSxf-Ux9BO5yK0Vse6O0oZpqLU53gFkft2iu9BA4Lfno99VWIUeuqsIkQEEcD3UI2X4zIyAox6xWJgDpUSIBuR7o93zawFP4bPpBbHFvhPVghFZ3XIIEvRlwGkiVtEqZwNanMGNQQNjbJgGCwiRxvIcMQL2X2wxQf17g35n48YkUx_fVF6Yvwz1oFiLlMFPeQaKpX7SBMDPaldLvSyojcqrj5PeYXDL8IHIAbTvzPEOpd8GTHFeQrn0uWgAV3R1bUXnYzgXz56M6kQaDwQz0epqFB5UtTozGlupCaDA4eUswQnvUx3MjMjxLPTG2viwQ3yJM93oJRPY3OLxZKjiz7VzonDI9-ftJBDnSNTHmV1D8NS5TGV1_qOe4fDAvPACFaZjnsAWUSNN7fBXHS5bU79PKAecrnblzeso_eyxByTH_UMN_pRmoED7rfZDbMY840RwmQo73WvRsk1Iry1aW6tM7M5UiREhKyfeAqwJpuE25XGDl7NwJ74o=w800-h533-no

When it was over we headed to the top deck to watch the sail away party and to take pictures. Let me warn you that I have a ton of pictures!

First up though we had to have a snack after our midday happy hour, so we got some shwarma and french fries. The Magic is the only ship with the shwarma station I believe, and it's pretty magical. They have a choice of chicken and lamb and we opted for lamb. We topped it with some fresh cucumber relish and spicy chili garlic sauce. Also got some coffee and liked that they had the Halloween cups out!

q12CVyQXvhEC9sFneAXvJp2q89vGdgAu5LQaNel77BmHcDVgE2rtBN8FKzjhPcZUrUJ-i79CyO5yjWV95ngWOCpVscsnsVc7g4CB85skJEgfjbL-WQXIUMUHzJNvEVGkC-mZh57oehI4UNGG9dFuK3oGybdHTYeqoI5AdVI4FWnFQku6oG-RwwW_aoC5AnBBA9fRpVWMpwOvGHNJoWh47m5ARIeSVmScamIwCPpuYrG7VoY6Yrz9as4rDsicP1cV1EjTxmuqU7booTBCM2LovvAYW68V2pr-FbFTdNpzLV9GoMyp3Wafe6yuYaAvzWnH0H52FvEu1oAeqZzZ430s3-jgsLMKO4SpDZox6ceEX1ibbQnZoqT3CPpGOV-hLeLQafmIHTFMvGVhiz0Lxt-tN1lmabsa2sYjakcE8a84A9CO2yV0eMxT6LWnqZ4Aj-hn1X9WfVi8fOcltakwxoRVwq_dHtdwOmV1nDuIZYC6dJ2kVfhMv9M0yp4lJf3HXMckW2WhbBRkcfwMLMXutSwwJQ6yk3qp573SbplH887wyo5Vs5RLnirQ3PX4ogq5aOtkjCWHbCMNCLX0FFJ9Ge55bKpuKDFn2eOLNwkvHr30LWE=w425-h637-no
OKHlFaQRPPLpTlrp0QJnI_oZQgLySe4SzQ3gZN326wBOeDhcLWBJ343tNzPj7nkTKjeXC3nchWoSfbk0DQwMfjenfwfZmJlcC42m9c2XuQycvYfUAZMYzuq2JjTzL3cNPRBXXNPnx3b415k0Xy0Txyd5V3T3US76HYYilVGwxir07ZgZKTUn5OrMtvemRwVGnBF2OyKYtTQw3E26d1e_LXu6Hsw7dB7UeB3p6EOmJZ2TGHPhkLYAO_SV59O3Dwo4CaE130lWT8P0SMlnuqLItQ8nDa7smbPAJBnMUA48mhVv32Y2ZWAB7GGMhbDdo-HMySvP6_Km-9Um6m-7urnwVKJ0CciCDL9s2ArFAbyU4uFqmYnbhWxGesQiqht4UqtlnapASEf4ltCXqrYgzyiD1ReR8kGHP1Vju311H6g9oriCT02C0YGyPANICfBGGyoQ1SJqNo0RTpbyaAAe9roktaKZeWtQ0jIsSCinGmN8_OMrVlei1qO0uTACn2kL9l6cQFnuPvLo5T0TIOA1a9Bkd-PYGhy60oM-fSJ1u34-dKxCNl252MPo7lf02x3oaxAId_AgmXnJbLa23drm2_O_Y3scXAajpx7E_hnKPncacfw=w478-h637-no

osQoE9XJecNwweUS6LWvkLv9cBYunYY3TFQTgp7jacS9nYX0sqkm4t-iMYWFAMuaeBM6yUf8FhGaOXZ9Mdy97brKyd94J_QLpsAqH-anp4jyguE-jUiH_ih9zmNK93e99c53LVCTRIziC6Ls48TvLr7SQAuwjY5GJmKuuKSTcdMGX2l_aVg4NWnn_QCC9dqgVLqhRe43DeSjjupmhD2Mf066ubh3YmguUdgjfBnmtkCI8f6VpBy1bTl8eu4pTDo6KysTFywiiRleBneO4wIZzuzWsUpz5f5spqw29tbNlQcN6QbVsRDCrkneSwBikB4bXemgeHo-oVY4Gc_1roxypGkrzU4ESCEHfirRZWK13cElF8dog_SuQnEJiOWSzaJhyA8UqIKJUBJqGFbV013g7_Ur27ea5913wRjfgRLVU7hNuTk-nY_mw0zKKmysh_Xd7VzlRBUVhz_IOGLfA2xnRcrNw01xJZWcZBPXPcOVy-VbNsBEApxlCmXiDfxZHyEpHXyCh_HgXCxPGfCVysgp3epy1DqpzfLBEeCO4hyXCdhpvYfkSaL_1eQ1dX82bEijl8p8mI8Ga_fGrJB3WZuTciGQ7Uc9DeNsASnKXRstBxo=w800-h533-no

We grabbed a spot on deck 10 with our food and drinks to watch the sail away. Pretty uncanny that we're leaving from NYC with all the familiar buildings and surroundings but when you're on a cruise ship the city just looks 10 times better, haha.

2Lyan-arIJRk3-VQ7kWObBMUQHig6MNrIxcViA8M-nYnwk0mdqHAftDPBc1K6WS0Zg9fQ_zKbCDO0V1Nm_qdgHSgzJ-Ste_E5BhrMjTheU0Jf8U-SsqipdFjhzFHD6QHKhXSxlQhOQi9f7Bnl_hLozhtL0mpPt2GxaEQE4k2ClJ-_AORApzbvPceemTYR14VBEdPlPGyX5D-EV5kMdx1VXkE2bgaSZ3rzkT6zOVmL0sTrv8vDw7Z-V2e4WLdxMyuGpN4SJ7jewHAP6on_SU-zTDhxjrGC1XDO6RHUxuJifk4uih_KFJlg-vJQ3Lj1_8o0uZM7GHWeL74OYpAm-Gigzu_dwfrDhpdMatnwKyQmWVM-qX7pAmUi8Gl6ZwMmYbXIR4LCTOUqTpLZhKiCElXQTX27Wc41mpcDWoygSBtVqVYDS3Au8YZ8mtAeRvY0re0LZapzxbyc0dtoyDpEZJA9LMurNnZeSWTUhdK7Uzg3bQSJP01l-mY6LapzcIvYvABMColuwnBOtp53alxiI2VUPd1dUUOqPGu5-KtFD_9zTmgWCjw0k_TH-wXLy3dXJpsojGNDRTHvT01HCoIVweCJrixsJ2TxwoLdouxfxXWy6E=w800-h600-no

rHwzv1dKEHAduVpLyS1YsiLSd8f-WMJWC4H8hS_p_KMhv9UuZYeVGx9Xh0V1wyL0ehVGbKWdHywuhcqLxMqht6oZksoql6b_pTOf14Ep3kGUkJ44duhlFtHBxt23e87DkC16uybbNM39yz0RcjXU-GDfGLZDvUg1KzWGBA12undHh2WcX8ysxu2PSdormgJMmfbigjMrnSQCJR5aHd7_O2nwyLnKPFbJ4S9P-FCz30E78wWoomPv9GRe2vJI6E-BEEeBoORrJcSrA_i-R5a2WMr108zZ8AMStRBsI4PyXdsWqRoG_0kttAbbTRTR0JO81XZhw5Fedo4csUTcK3Kkvr71fpZBfhmKUG9ZPo6og4T-zanujhxL6bnb9aV-LYMdhArlPPhifVvvisQpPbykMc7UuGFV00c-stICCeuiXRtlcJAnVZGOuYrrlqO9UNEYuibPUpeEJJ6_QFcYvxDV_6szLDEvmU3AZ9SawGmcVCKPRKA7Gn8SUSe6M699QE-PHxnGjLHFR8MNN-7ZPJy-0kTWHtRYbjPvTyfWy6VNyfNrcGTrVn5T1tYpSTaV8gdl-ZNB7LBX4xGOGcs-fqmMam1uMI6S6ISbtqJxTBQgV4g=w800-h600-no

yhREiJ5pUcFELcq9bKdeL9fpVUIIrKW1IHiUaci_MeknKa284HQZSEivsPONJc4ulb5-VqW6nJnLAa0cepoXyHFbdk6uKUG8x7J3UsI7A04P1SvMhi7ziigkE_hjkGSb9XXakg3wZA4uiWxRYdZopNwM9-ym1H-A0gM_6O7QCDewAo9cGbs1b6iPrGnL8RqM96zERsv6_V9UnCAHbJXX6fy7RMSahJ1aniQaqlbAjKYl5TlSVA8OX_tku56ZmnkaqxS-x9qL76BqcfHr5sFhNac_-NpezmuDPRuqA5cGYji62FDLGxxRF9i-t0_8rVWtcv_avCJSZQVRVchIapBzTn91euTCJaXRi6oB4wi7k3AftF0pZlRKcN7dLmfyYBG-IjKCbUsj4zRuFMHZ9cGl9TAEbxlMMdqjqysRnooXDh-EqnGI_BGfXjqA_Jkwll6IzRKZyxGq8N_Wb72Lw8D2lZ7QzfOPl0YaMUMjAwC5956BqVSNidtJDLAyeQxVSbWNgvqc97pFq2n6TT5EW6PNcq_A2eWMhOfkMeltAMURsJOvK2_JRBj06E14PVctTartwGJ3xw5JNwPcyaqtiKgp01OMBsF-ISyUJKM_ao1Wz5U=w478-h637-no
xWuLcj9yPN3ZiXL9NxsbJHohVIvv_HiJiO3O8ZDU8RjfzskAbhSMkzySdU-dp3DjZ--39R8HDUoBx4ost-EbnrglrW4KsI4ypD2UN5kYObMHFOsv4q8hd2KpTF9RXmNLLTwIrFxZyQbOqPxha9rk9eaZPaZXx6SOapIiEEeKxg41FiXFkDeJauog8C0ZPHlG2bqvCVrfxHRbDMLyEzfniQHUzaT4G8uQQU63wQdZP_3cLaG3lSU8ernHMvu5lAMa0UjSgnMj9zhV-MV9Pgfx6M2wFs2ymcPw1t0h3EyfoP46hW0iEweWe2Awxknx2fhjJVdaQPe0fJQPNbTi1ev-OyUz8xhQOt0rlDKpne7WvtxK8XOZTh7EKz4trhbBQzKYRlz8LM1ihr1mTeBTBzGAbNJyvZJDoyBZh_mVFJ8HcPeP_xnDaK8OJhrr985F5AT8b_JwD9Vos0PzrSrlSvZN99Ed-zZcDkH9555xLxekxzesQWLn9raskujHn6NO-IvcTu92uzaUSThaoMz0dWzoDebc-6zgg1NM4NVHZ_vpMBnWOc6lI8O8dQUYuTVvHVUWdDMM6Jspuq9t-dSsg1yOqW72_aa6fJ_qsNis7TSA3JA=w478-h637-no

Soon we were pulling out of port and sailing down the Hudson River. The crowds on deck were very light compared to our 2 previous cruises. I think someone said that this cruise was not at capacity, and someone I spoke to who did a back to back said the previous cruise felt like there was at least 1000 more people on board the previous cruise

Wish it were like this all the time as there was plenty of room to move around and take pictures and do the happy dance on deck! :yay:

WJZ_RAbqU7I66JcAQ0TnuVkmoXhAkrEHr4p_DuKBFTkM1brrI1NXH6ODUm1R_G5yzZ2yLLlNWCI38RDD_whsoZCxbiIaWEEOm4hl6srsOrVmc3vFbcUmNf1C3aQPvcsGcN7970TIoZWLrNLlsEgbRy9yy4yCktcvgBdd0rWe5NBKT038b91-ThvU0l7KvXLfrHqcX0K0RAU-mZJmohmurS3AjE1f4dZfj9TtkFhN62-1BJYDq_ZMXDPOMOI_OlvqQ7HqO-H17POBzVaE9aRRIFWXkiyn3at4aNV3wcHGfqCuuMKNF-Ic1ctYYqIzCWW-st1vVHqWuHWICrBcH7hCW74aMQxmlnnzkSuqOlzMcXB9k8fnfFpXk592PiqdPknS898JHt6IsW234wqHB-RmJaDEhrQR3RmUeutkE4yIPtU6qLPZFmXhIEYLBkgVQAJAGLFUvYMXfkZml_H6EzDvPKJWfkYdYNGVj-tyyIB7Wb-e-gPxVW3653We5l3okZjv9aMakAFYKY7Gd80d-eQO_8tgFS_Po35Qf7DcQ7qRaJT8roa2luq3s9xJBFUUPkXILmkykUS7J7-bgFjArS-undqvG727DW0IR3vVQO22PcM=w800-h600-no

OfDdkg_H9p8Rnuw7kIRLuGvgDaoKqxlZ_0bbDQaFfsuFl3_i31xXeb773_5uaIeFqtIlH8jnfm98khBXE6Hfi47-Ftlw-lSVhy98ZXLeITctdfhxCckumunoWN3KvmLa0fAFPBEmC2neSjLChuJGYxzP4MouwtNWeWVTbLnmb8_-JMnSQabHn9SPzRBomEiq1WhTh7t_hcRQySZWuFDvjwkgi2k2prKfn7jYPMRcThpULY3avwbMRYkZQZqOdqccypQF0oCCj7sBZrse41_6nXuU_4XCm4AG3RF_yckixsVV6yFsXpF_8qQuCxlYD17LFYHv2AAGf4TieHdGXLQSQWaJi4oYtK1FxvGNA-mUSDD6qRj1PJW2vg_PhZfC5nwEheXOUED14cVA9Nf1BSshW5lyq7xQoQtkEPFrhcAps_o941htEyNY5RUgZ1i9_KnDeAsnPgXbMObS-KWqI_8Hb9Wey7jCkJzdNqtsjcAuHryRkIlLmaR8v3CQf9w2mtuteJa_7hW9HHQCPrEwUI_aVJrR7f4bXPdDBtlXyVHnI5VEfk61QcIo0Ej417TDUuVUBcZLDcx7kbXsUkCrUWEtcunWtgjnSaNLYZOPDWqduRc=w800-h600-no

QLRcbfz6kf7BeYnBcWsRJlYRlHkBuU0pFM7LUUHPh86JTQmx8ivnwD1hl49vOZ9J46rLm2TtWvpPX3bckAtj8MFxB5kld2f4b5391cGIfSxGPBG5rLn3u91yHfqF0EHK-dBAUmz-7DlAhl6v0UprQO28I3nVmNSjRKtrOfkO8W2oVd5FkC_Q_4aNANNfd3ipnxg1jekS8ypAefn791sGk7KEQaa1cSQ3QKhp7a0AcxW_kDoIKnp6HJmwYUdGNi8FDE60mvV1EF1nFgkkBbnGxgMcAHytXk8yKGlb4xi9uyoBkkxJvnRDp70h1zA8gjtVf9DYZMlWLVGa4IG2Kfn9HQfX0ShcX4guRq-sirXER-y8ZDjlYLpmQ3WAxXOaK_rI5rPddkMHy93IAJH88tQvwUTtZJmSFZh_1QC2fiBVJ-rN1-78ECcgM5XrgBVcsmfqoKE9HKV9mJ3zcNsAkDsilb39KY7pfsIJuXWBUsw_yD1vzbGcnjqbSBCvagKa6swNCWRQSfT3ISzjvg4-2kE6ZX0XoUMRW_z1W96SrtlJVINvl8dFh_16hJ3MYOexmWYyFiHpa5xW4rQffSPf8swnFUm9yYNNrqeusn74AN7RxxE=w800-h600-no

J5I17pv6-BYqlpwO9MPOQ38KBjxVqiRjnNoykuDBbRGeKCapelnHk6dO6zFrMDBOFTbNkT9Qost_RnQQKa8KgJ3qvOB7-yAniyEOHgNjnYgUlAg0-9B0Asc7t3h2S7DkaPvvWAYlF5Mmn1m9XecL9ma_BuM92myWCmPOsnfa9yt2-3Xu3_zCQSEcy3HWwAH9sweH2YhBOWLusWLgvwt7MOUftsZigYteboviNn4sXDRqNr2P859n3ydSqmWwN1BEDfVluer9ahinxl7CKb3WOcudUyo0IicDFqQtwPxZhGJOiWfy5RqMSI8PJPlssMfsBPB0UEOwP1lYjt5LA2EtXKnhCwq5BE03VvPFpVb8nhnLSn7yXMpQpAG60CYvP2z2cSF246l48n4rUncjQKDJL9g1OJyPYtN8FjIE5Y0GQpEOdjUytahtqsmWHSdrqm_lt7cpqc7Oj6ANc3YpjorQi9md7N6Xl5oDGlScMDVzvn73qP5wGFdICttbWQ6KojUurRTTo2chbdS7JS2VA7A7lF2fkMQQThNV2F5zKwwjtWB4rXDQXm6SyErlu7_Px0T4X3dCBkozRkhs3c3LUnh24BjwJj6Ht4aUp_pFxa9v304=w800-h600-no

Can you just see my sheer joy at being on this cruise?!?

RjH01ntGXvYBmvKfLBgEGdpuEvO1DELQnFIv68FGG3j26EMOQWSzhJM4at3qqbMkGRf7Sf--fhOejB0mNq5itS2ihl2rXVhnOWJalPOuYRf61FQEhl4HnDK6Vw7c2qyDjcQKCNnOZEsmesT8iIgUTpIQTRKTPgvzGzg3W2irYa1J2tYCkBVa0fl03QQJwqsXxuiHJ5LC052gzeqGJN_uNvRQy44Z9aW3SmLiwEqFQWJFcHTTXrg8BgXvMrXwTwNkPc2KbWWcDuHNKZ3SgCGrcQtMOgAYMV0iM_wkU7cSH3DFqwYWVEIZQULYkgoK62WTjtjxTsk2v46cDRmwFZWFb5y3RX74trky2I1j4rheDyB_UUQjUyw7zB5-7_SXM7Xb3BJ0qIU1q7S7YX3e8qUL9Z3qjEQMyb4bLm9ebfoikj7j6UC_YmKD9gH4gGu5dLWqHurARySZhoBwGhIJp1e5A-moRWLNJUdyFBoTCpFIwGHHtZlYXDDUBXwPgwmx9hwo5zcBlkImN51JnoOgFSk-z_YqblBS_MqezZgsBnIR2ylqVL2PUGNSRxcSY8G_n7OyXJ4Y5kGgOagX-nZ1FXM0-inlgFcvzKCE9FBSXPnDbJg=w800-h600-no

iQUeLEHObtCAtsuAAQrZ5wthT_9IbY7EDGiJU5xkHwe1M9a1qPtypkoGmCrac_7UBZw5QleQCGq8NpKuD7jEVXWm-0E2TTVlZZGKghFOOa9hyef7_r8qNB6TmqDWOxVQ-eitIJ8dAxjyOXAqKBZBbfUwL1FpEvEdOjUcIWpCaTkFN_YTO_hwydJXFhiFsgc0iHWjeXQi5ykMJ50DX0xCq75YYYrQgaYYzEZd-COqtfzOuZYSGYoSK6s-wnG_LqrUbkE8mBteKwDalUBY6fyTycZymqgSKjU_u5V4LKCierLz4XajuGBWvBtMT-3d49Tg2WFSnNbEm1ott5075LlKyhXkuGHGJKp6u9ZH1NyDYDMehV5_dPak9wXy24M7jFfjqJepnP9KQUXzG9IK4PfesKAzbiefsXVo5zWCMJBiMG2ASYoKrm-eQxmL_euwNgwVvCkHhIuLuRbJFr0jyoitvQBluVUBzn2wmw1oIoKO552_ajecwHP5hOBvM_y7XQcjT2PKTkchPmpvGjdl-i9kJ0i9Z9D5IWMQybbCKDneuIweN1DjzcpuQqxPIAvasR3v9nFh8HPtcoLaLpacjagG6-A4Xjg2u_UL0xN3BqaMKog=w800-h600-no

This is my "yeah I'm cool, and no big deal that I'm on the Disney Magic as we approach the Freedom Tower" look:

uK6qvuSYAQROX3sR6TI1M5t3yF0Z9Lv998v5RuH1ChFMY_XzB9V-1XLhnnnarPFS5pJ_sSsStwXhbbk8oO_mXJdB0Rd33VtTfnuCncFguEp7QuwRcVofK_R4ufnu_GjALv_6qDIvVCVpYXd5Cpi_N9MwNKGFfdjlic3bo0pISWruMyn5p0FhC2WMefF3P03xLLgLEJdQHoRCMUI5fO1fJCIHVccgB1qsPaP_9dwL-03O79TqjmpGSU2zbCYreQyB3KElolCeL9X47PA7Y8N6bgMINvOvF4Rv3M_M4Td2WosSwbp-Q3A-kQlmtErn96Q2DUH93-_9LmUJH6-7H_-znCgcKXvmCJYdxdfntNxKgT_3pUehDqgJaNHpQAAAaTB0vF4lOueVXm_pShRdzv_KLR9x3d9N9mriSRDfRTFRvDxdLOw7Tdh6RFTBPL7aY7T11aLZKxrYHz14erGl0iA5XnlkPDzgSv4h_XkTX_ra-Bhyh7TZxGHm1v69qUehktklT7AHjckVFxTMffmabsjrHcPMeQbfwIMl_BnL7X6yj0uUnag1zWOBJzZoe3lKTcB7MmgZKdu1AMRoAwyCjam_HMqwLhICOoNc_pexxukwWlg=w800-h600-no

But meanwhile inside I'm all: :banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2:

The guy behind me was just like me juggling a phone and several other cameras. I would want to bring less cameras but my phone camera is not great, and I wanted to try out the gopro, but it got tedious as the trip wore on. So as soon as I get my new iPhone X - if it's all that it's lived up to be I can only travel with one camera now!! Oh and my gopro on occasion.

The beautiful Freedom Tower.

ZfAsL62XUeAYGglY_snKrQYl_iKmZk_OnvjwKGQpzQwmFJ8RSxLIuXqeAzGC8bXJ9pE_AZtavDZKKF2Sk6_4c2poGWTu-VI0MFxHWf5zN4onxRT4EB_mVmnM9FNwK8JdNJHL2dQ4fVHZdbAc19xEeGszb8zyd56IfqQ4n4gDdlm5qVrOiwtusM4SZ_FmNwCCdfBVn2o35w7xWci4aCrQNMaSDYxQsClSmTTUEpMyyDDpousPOM3tuEO6nMvA4GAlzR1uaQH0BdJfnaIQmq_oEtcX8feBDZGK-W_2MLow-3UhXD-SKHl9f5yjqATPGL1BbIDCTAn7mpc_vFyDCzowsq2RgZTKlNOpw-IPoH-vMhq7Lhdc381ig0I8e9-2Z2soEJOZAVMdHKjEce3y6_mkCsShvgz_Gaofvq0lgEWiT7-vnItLi0KSRR6pCJhTKxLY7u4Xlt3_88YcbfybZtemwx7ZOYfnoM2TLWvSW3GEI9nhXrmDjF85HVgGKXAwnaQ8Dt241iSPwN6NI9gN-lsG8xtdI9neZ-EMhAiNO4wsBNfDqh_iD4X8nHZnK5gLj9TWKSlF6WYbeTaSvWrugpXKjg0vjhcbtyZ-ktjm9EyItq8=w800-h600-no

Steve works near there so he kept pointing out his office building:

-rdzj9Q2u_NGfSevUVPDOnDIp94TDQEueflaF5bzQ0LIEPA4wzbpCZ8ps0tmqwaqehOJcpqMEitGPkGLNaPniainIlQ_AVm5_5s2DJZ2KAvBVSFyDqZLR7I1xEbaatJ4GjQBCWPT1Gj6wmTTQ9FQY2u5EL08T4ftx1POoZ-wG2R0S-5LNYddf6wyegWkuIFNSbL3RbHVa5LBQb-SoiTkuZiBzuesZIl1yW5a9CziermHhV6GQg2aL7ENY5BuduJ2SEPyhuZgdWBb3A3gu4O0pZkkbBcWIIIGJ3JGeDwvcuhfPzKaIIMmPZ6OxL3_Sk1EKGo9mU0Ws9rtaoCh4f3hpJEcr74OOucvglFvGgQ8TydmXdp8GUjMXz18JoZoA2pFqF2Nfifc2qRzIIfdqsq5lz0NYRKZDcWFxc7SXTncMTQ9GpM1OyfnDjemRGT2pYyh5-zOJTh4Ocoo0cNsSu_WkzfJNkyw69pB0xve1jYw6fRr3lutqRrIPfY-rPceyY9DgJFgh45HZOh2ZVxN-SVRgvyoAg5YyRAopSywTdhDXu84bIU4LQl5-E1SyTDx5VP2v_Om7IqITTtkx9gBgUgz5zTBNGaYi0Xnx6cjQZw84N0=w800-h600-no

Steve's "yeah I don't have to go to work on Monday" look:

LK82Ib-3muo1VWcWH7Pc37ImWUs1nFjPPEWzsxo9bgbX7XNeMNVPQPgHdO5Fu4YiqxH0ec1YT8S_wpQAxoIOQP_rcpdj2OXJgYjFn04S-IGWN3441wk_n0nTuWZqB7aJyAvsdg5kMxis3MWvlR2IQb_QdGdKVbjovYyI7KadZyItXEz1cpWouCboZd1OFgZX26RTKkkSio01F-CqO7WLK3JY5m7RnVzZ2cWOmrjhhfXhnR1nE8wUFW57V5rdChHd1Upzs8HiFZCFZ8TIq4ix4r9u2KWd9_0vPdg6KQuWqNaGvM5t74xF_gZV3KmqluY-P6vASvBFZfau0LAGojeNacb_q1tikpWsrv5keFtDiwzQ4HxmwBFCzf0aTaR-bKLyxKRlrM2HtZiRI6vjy7ktq_dRCOcdI4cLiJxUbpFMh9_QQ16wVPnFooFcKc-tEmvb60YjYUw5vmqDYjJBUoPnH8FCx_5wLIR8QvpkAMsykcoU_MgPvSgwtS_G5Nm8WrLbLCxbDk_4ZsYV0zi9XsK_pnG5a2CsVrNW9_KAuqCzPCQ0RxGulVpzo35jrhrb03pEsHymVLzWiHkr-LGKNJs9yKzC0abJ69EoC5SMMa1A9vA=w800-h533-no

We both don't! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

WXQ7EoldkrTG_sXqVEg7zF_S0gG5C2PrWhSRSxkzep31PwFF4JNiTioXukshyHtygwzvvBwUuNQIO_xN7JSWjBpjbvIGFNL--Cs4-jkGmXRY2Z1s7fJGEgDlK9afIXtroyApfPxyKCf2sXFhd39mLLZfUKntNlG5kanUHOT6Ehyh5B_jlMSkhrFLml3Y_5Tv8CEqs_izokIHWNnvFNjWBfk0nmFYYeSA1_mIFAJ3t4vzlVi8dSWADJ8XL_poXqqIXiCdgNeXISZ1ce-UxBty2JbYT8sTYYBr8_saCNwCV-S4vDPiA9fqPBn1dvenEamCWGNkcjGOeJt7EsBiS1X0SAC1uWlgul3x2TpV29gVyQH-FTgLfdMBEVL-U-RvpmUPCMojNzvKT-ouQtKy3Oir4JoZfqG4Eq58_VafYosF8vqsFofZB2kssmjOv6lg19WXyBje_6mg44KAqv26_p55v2PysbshGltFifDmQegw_swA5YZdqCy2lyxqy5KPp5SgeS86J0wg8w3nUT_FEMZLA1_dXCPKIs40ewmkHK0jBe-fUc8FGd5wdGVB12xR_YBGN754ND8BEPOmQqI1Db3-TweSYdZ3wKIyJSc6xGhd39s=w800-h600-no

After we passed the Freedon Tower I knew it'll be a bit before we hit the statue of Liberty. It started to get quite breezy as the ship picked up the pace so I went back down to grab a sweatshirt.

But first:

3lsTygrmto3X3nAn_JjV3U-Hy-Lgx8pbsXXJZN8PVpsRKDIQ40KCCJhlkSKBBFRuqZuG5ijVP43UcM50jjH9cnXrZf1NHNZadPs7727PmVKEMWtBo0FJFtxt1gARXDfrSmER6b69HNmARmveSvnriSOzEy-xpy1QFRZ3pooVjasQ72oHWp4YWKDpYyf7pffPjOFL0AvDlJ6xKy85vlBhEhuEJtTixE1CC2B25qsSdH--d9hFEX-YTTeoD80GQWHx5arQSUElibIPyVbaWBtdZeFPAmw3iKLO1XqY_OoVtwtiiIpjHFjSgAgfIyUVd_BPZID1P2-S0SjE28d5ZZTf9c3K4-fzaqzAGFtMyNilgFdj8ByMupepj6Q2Fs18vuymgU4EXdl_6VkTzDJxyuk_5TYJzkzN62Ham1HR8dx8OdzQRHBClFWAI3zkxP3v1cAkUn8BcwA5zsq2TA1xmbWIrWEq3XXXwC8nW2dDSkFwP0Pa8VVpNGtUXxOw0TbZ3_swwMmnvrFfPcWDWbTwDdMW4JAJdIlzLmFUD1MQh1F5ifx8-cFnYZVi_07WfT75VIULXEI2BF5TAkdmPl2CDX6oNVVf7arVUmLLwkmqz0UXGM8=w478-h637-no

I always get the chocolate soft serve. It's so good. It tastes like it was from the Mr. Softy ice cream truck which I don't normally eat because it's so bad for you and I'm also somewhat lactose intolerant but on cruise, all bets are off :) #guiltypleasure

I ran back to the room, and put on a hoodie and went out to the verandah for a bit to check out the view there. Not a bad view at all.

LSjeFTwzPd8lmlRk6ZfQTJj6EvqFqEbfawjW2XYRmv74O-zzxNcc7ltRb86CZIarw6CgUO9P-EuomjPV8Te5TUvr3Z3wsnQ-afDwwN0KXtPOCBp2S_r8eJ1E3F8uSjxEc8WjTAgY3OM68Y45aBrdYpdQ20TxfyNeQzMEzMqYJigkjR5Wbhw_icvUYNgA4FR47-bqdJxf5U2enpCQHgvS0PumFGNU8r74MivAW29FKauFyO4zYtYu90rZvrXf5h8M2uXjVfiRtlOzrcCgr-aEGnx75YyJD_QI0pUqlQ8HkvVDEefnWgrfyC1nuaMe2xICQVMpW2PstqNBR-Vu7UXfgxa4xaXW-J7FDn3dolMGywf4uJ208Hze4JwEoD04nD-zHs4DCC7od6kxImiDfjpv_DgA4c2teEnuyIpvu9-J99ZIv5RF8t7JuT6-ocZ9W9BHwWe3R5MOjHHiOSoCJ9xpe5mJ-emQ5YteJtsm9pWyVYxZ9khEVODCb8iQapcvkELfeXX9qgNX9AXv8HQPJtcr-24eeh04sVdS9VvGp56euCCL86RMjQUYqobq8LqWZEHQAJRQimLt_KVUKnNzjKnfY8IfAQIA9ZbmT47oIXc7Fl8=w800-h600-no

We went back upstairs so we could catch Statue of Liberty, so I think we moved over to Starboard side. of the ship.

uQ2D1wQFNaGTzTTlHc7li3Cv5i106gubZv-WFlm3VNVu2Zqb5_oensZ5nbAFDIewr6OwuNaSQT_7n9xVABS-ySzQMUXcHv9hTBHk6WPNgEcW6tH6PcsX6kdvbjacgwr6R_LQ7JnRw-rYEGf9yvGs51PNHl92mD_XLpCmGRcJxBHBFCMlOLQmAUW5C8nPIgVdoptYBhUaHi8wD-myyvMhk-ehDAA5WO-37Zzxb9d8P5m_Krj-_5zVcLxtCANphsTN4f6stcm16Vud4MFuwmvd3x591SSd8OnrRCMZik0ooHGeM5VQimCKap5BDjPvz0VzqAbijhiCyBExZY_CSI_6hdK8-upn-PMzIRL3_tOo73SFQlsJywxa3_PbEPTlKr2WwvWQCdK7uxd3GUogwa4yC0UT72oSp_rPVRtS8uYv-F9rskuomXS6AAM90czxKtuP13DIT4KrprEA1wCzxcD-2RQud254BlXZoEMi-iRvhbhIAkcReii8LRy2OGniNYz_GVjrCsa9wziKBk5wVAMdaafdHifQDk_XICi5nMUhdKXUNGdAhjhl_80q0bwSkTHtjjws8a8D3fwfr27VGMCxKMZ75S6LHs7omlPR83dogJU=w800-h600-no

Back on deck 10 the skies were getting darker by the minute...hope we still get a nice view of Lady Liberty!

xSD40Spr3bU-UwVJOSMG7E45OOlNGShS3EDpu6R4r3MD0qjdlRJ5xWgxBwqbXQ2FFGgFawJw30KYRGC-7RE0s6hc0K1mVULalDZaRCz5qwEtOLGmpRfsUi20RoObkzLHJca3XxpOUA1XZPUrl0aINN26rPQg_PdCrwWFjQF4SFzGQd-5kxOsb2exRDewprLBhIC9GXvphv5wN7ru-jjFKpnS7_TdtsIY1Xhm7wUYfkT9z2zhPF7hvKpAqWTvhAq-F2FBudZo01PGsgXSKCzzuZK_qRqgKLFJTy9p3l1r1EsCR-YnCB-RzQkVbago36W0dyZRvX4pIusv9tPFzvV2sF65W6ffqkexd6mYJ3JDB6dl37euVa7BHbPCirkDsLtK4ywY0pak-dYJISNHlTeqI4tIkyAxHXyKcXZhVDtZH62OfeZwAIcKtvDSAEhh7VYEMlLjqg0EnYrAQMkfBfuP5z8_9MeOp_w1FQyyZ6uQ7r9N-sCmaT2ELn0WLFMU1K9WbJrwyu8hhEHZ8CP0WKTt3NN_qMlVXZnjbgAVXZ9R7oDRk26F0dwpLXck3-lJfS_O4aQVkMW8Ngw8N_VIprpnjgEfbyDQWFaQTUnj570v9Q0=w800-h600-no

ohT4XIqDK9nSuojkNpc4yZ3kXRXK3BKsOeDz11xR_awppOuPKoSVQfkrcgYctKgcSbTCBf7nNqgOIh6WjbGT0OIGHcF__yAlPqWWoDTgl14RkYX7OYz-IIiFSP09UeAyJpcq0KRrkuK8oD6x8DkctQeEwH_b3IONpco15I7laMfIhI7X19JEn8AB5NGiJx_h9NgLXLaa_hzKZDvCtwVY-hafFuDxi2uW4NRXTS-0__TKj6NmVXdiPyJTpozWMMQElvoDzoygYF875t4Ktu8N8uuQnkVS0Wl6VQjev6R3f41W_Mk90CA39ekNWsPgFV2u1qbAOEhNRk0LkDhiK1ZOm6x-b29U5JwqX4bB6Nwx1WyQ2dgp8oTrv8ar1sDc-b17nAR1emaxlXAL9Bzm7gGcrg3GhvlpwWby3JunXWXv42X0FnqGO2KXqKiNoJfNWyWt96XhcVKrp7CWEvqIWCDF3PeaFWRaci__s4UfXol6vSo6mUnOIBxqDcVHzz10lgPB5QjdvaBeiFpnIAeuuTFu_nXrZbeDyu2z60LsaGH3i0Bwl8pc7uqymZ1qYHvGxOvyNxmDyesTYCU7uRb9NQkAaDEDJZyNOcSvVXbIJQQxCS0=w800-h533-no

Soon we passed her and the light was much better on that angle.

sFEmWPxlVzLKMzaqv0Xe3wI7zeXLb_NBt_04A-CryXUaRSzzwpoTLUVxzwoIoeltxHSBqsgKnYGAIP4FLqAN4x20JMkc5uNiB4S68CUBVobV_ukcMXUaxJDludd9pFX04aZ1D1Cad3qwCX444t4CVL1nqaLpBbZf3GEWuEhirFVDo6nPGOSqE7m9WMLwK8JYy1CHyB4yTA-AciHy28J0p38y4EzW3l5DAPmPgzSNEKPUJLkPfSN-YWYGOQHqj-QCMuQcsDgV_aNf6TmRldy9oD6EUCKskj1z68uwlhdu_YKuPqw2TmRDrudtOoGJpXLGiUwNSW4Jy_m8xh2ypLuIf3OqlamWWB6XskT6bL9zPlRRNramtnsT6HDwbv9QmhLCymMWfd8WfsaajJbRc4ZFZlI_mZKrXc_gvG0gQa5DGi0zbKXGXRpM2CkLouMXm7oWPcRAq5ZJ5QkgqWdNkh4qAaeZcUpG7ew_jiffDo4zdJiykqiCdx9Migb4wPLh1aN0pbO9SCteKuG6j51K3tWLMndeo4Xtcc7yk4wYy1r1Fw2KLkZR9ZRU7DFXuxTqdXCjozIoe1fXHNPWb9o8NXgLfFko4_yR-rlNvlhfje7N8uA=w800-h600-no

ibyECJMnI6dKsWwBTjSoJI9VPSpztegp6cRtnG8zNhMcsJlnLzr5y-GAz7NpMQXI0JBV37bn9yA7oGh-YT3-lsp0RSJKVsLtr7IBQCpxpYUQktUR2kR2iZf6kp0-LhzgTvTPMP-nvzffK2O1K0GMGBC1tOl_WtOrWqBcTFzkJNY7ls5q4iO4JLEprAjg8S0ZU8awkgeXBAxjy-uTmbwgTz2SO-ByVdkqNAg76C7NVcg4ZcIWFRdvUQYinc6K3ExIobFn3ne1SPC0NiwWe9C3jlzQDOZ6q6UBz5tmLwiUOqNg9Vq7Aj3dY_aZqNOrkA2s8NvIT1AUfl-iMGi1JMA0hnVDuNqm8qysLawTG6pSvZoPoZum9BmVVGCT7VnhfvNybPWgqbrTQ3Yyvt43FDMzx7OxeEw5TO5ZpmSFjNtyR89810xthzTXNxVzSVVEPckniWZpm0s9BtA42tbwywLq5nbVlSreFV_oeCTV3-6Riu5pl0cMDWgVnT0C7b5jB50p2bNL1BW6kFkLKdoYd1aNH6ycXaWW4OLZV97sAnuWyAG05WIAh0IBCoZNisKqFDbSXXMc7nooIABXLrGJi4mOI4go8zI9QbRb8YNEuojk3g8=w800-h600-no

nFF6Ehss1R9SIq9HIvctjeI6CBiqSuhElEr-BnaC62Mvh_cI35ELfVRWzVF2mY7WqsylVtqTKz0KRd4qL5xM9cmK6erXVLuFM4cnYUZeiu01ZXvXvSEPcHrxcOZ5WmBYQe2bIwsKgyXza4M_5nW_th7NuD7U3rRt0Vm4myKOcisxmlQoA-VeceFetO7_KuYM66viQpA6vXTZwcvIiTX2ZjkqBXzhYqWP5b175iNrzyciU4IbVCVmXocwdXd2CKmSCo42zk4TgvMMI85It4PaCNbGykxe6Ihh5TDURF1EOKkmvY1Oem_91yixrMKMakhswQ9xxc6oEvP-M-RoV6a-NJ-icoECu1wNbmwfdNdzY1JiEIZLaVPFBUS4F_7qcmghSUmbJgDko03jgfUl4TOjq-s4qLacoMRp6S4S-3VysjYlJk0N-RVoVCrtvudRmrjq0QZ7S3rmLUzq3zc5QC-aXn0REBq1Yhl58uFfu04LTu436SYBs_XBCzyAPzqlkTkWjVDDl-beBCBjH58lYi3HdXwrlJQZ5pxxHU7VwjjEDdcSmYZ5sL2ch4phmDZ4vlldj8vwX1Sw40aulvU_e97tZmQqZsYQI8OOsWamPqnD9UM=w757-h637-no

My best shot of her:

dWQXY2cCFQhcfy7Z74UBol4TpKAMNDGHXYLkbOu8LdfHfJ72dKXnQ1KJXNR9tPqq8juUaAOA2KGIL3bRvNIuCph93G_WMP-mOn1GBav60PKsOs27txIZeanzYX_Avy1C7WUHzzAs9cesoezOLJB-FXcxr2Gq1LIJ7aNZFO1fuqKsvxV7kxpVnfXV0cIL-YvuRgZ7LLQ_FqgdyTNJWGfgtweBOSECwP3CR8UDGE6FroU53zRKZDrwKidP_wnvskZtkMPmACzkg3Q4zIf9hkqnuZaApyPPfvYIpwzQh4SM3_PYs9dU7IwrI-DOEdvBF9tUvWeW5EMsYOfc194KhfYJOafq62NzEpn48wyHCZmBp-jE68Iu79b_BjBofQccs4ls_PxncVfIsXcwGRAYb6jwhQx5yYyfFgXxlXbayrFdEtfAk6cJtYmztQD23ErgIAVum1cJ4dwzvxbwIYo_kuraCGiln3oH5SGq0Pqc7hqt5JOeMINXn_Uq1QZimyXJ0q-Q2VO-xGJ2Bla4GPcL1kYi-d8m4_WaFWLLW9uu_iDJXmbxM1Ov2AXryzpGgVgbZ4MfTAo4pt4mb6GDm8TgJmY-lFnjLb_YxNJMbM0dshv_YyE=w800-h533-no

It got darker and darker at that point so most people went inside to get ready for the evening's festivities.

Coming up, our first dinner at Animator's Palette!

Last edited:
I'm following along, too! We are thinking about doing this cruise in 2019. Can't wait to see all of your adventures.

Off to a great start! NYC is still on my bucket list for travels - maybe next year is the year! Can't wait to hear more, and to hear what Steve's dad thought :) And hopefully no return of the bloody nose! I love the graphics from your door decorations.

Thanks for the info! I think I’m just going to “have” to try it for myself to know for sure if cruising is for me. :laughing: I will be taking notes throughout your report on any tips and tricks. :goodvibes

I think you "have" to try it too, you know, for research purposes. :laughing:

Excited to read about your latest cruise adventures. I too am a Anne of Green Gables fan, so looking forward to hearing about the heritage site visit.

Thank you and welcome! It was an awesome awesome cruise. I'm definitely returning to PEI in the future. It's so charming and beautiful there!

Following along! I decided to go ahead and book a solo 4-night in Feb 2019! I figure with 4 nights it won’t be too intimidating doing it alone! Though if an IGT opens up for spring 2018 I may just take that!

That's awesome! I think you will have a great time! Hopefully you can go sooner rather than later! woohoo!

Joining in. :flower1: Sailing out of NYC is on my bucket list so looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

Thank you for reading and welcome! Sailing out of NYC was great! So convenient for us, and seeing the city from that perspective was really fun!

I'm following along, too! We are thinking about doing this cruise in 2019. Can't wait to see all of your adventures.

I 100% recommend this cruise with this itinerary. I think also it's because I'm a little bored of the Caribbean and Bahamian cruise ports. They were lovely but we wanted a change. This was perfect for us! It was warmer than we thought it would be but we prepared for the cold nonetheless. We did need the extra layers on a few days at sea though!

Off to a great start! NYC is still on my bucket list for travels - maybe next year is the year! Can't wait to hear more, and to hear what Steve's dad thought :) And hopefully no return of the bloody nose! I love the graphics from your door decorations.

Thank you!! Hope you make it to NYC! Hit me up if you do.
Yeah the bloody nose was strange, it never happens to me! So I was confused.
Thank you!!

Hooray! We're booked on an April Marvel cruise so I've been eagerly looking for any trip reports, but after your SWDAS report, I was especially excited to see you'd be doing one.

I'm here :wave2:

Off to a great start!! I cannot wait to go on a Disney Cruise again!! I went when I graduated high school and then 6 years later on my Honeymoon in 2006, but haven't been since. We just got our passports renewed and my son got his first ever, so now it's time to plan!!! Your TR has already got me in the mood to plan!!! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter