It's August! It's HOT! It Rains! Wait, Where's Mikey?

Thanks so much for a great report!!!!! You make driving sound SO easy, we might really give it a try!

Thank you. Driving isn't that bad but then again I sleep through a lot of it. :rotfl2: Seriously we are planning a trip for next year, just the 2 of us and are most likely driving. Airfare is just too much compared to the cost of driving. The key is making sure you stop for a break every now and then.

Hope you just had another great trip.
Margaret

I did and am in the process of getting pics in order but will be starting a new TR soon.

p.s.- Your husband has two speends, slow and stopped. I still think that is hysterical. After 18 years I thought we found some kind of middle ground....glad to know I am not the only one.
Normally he does only have 2 speeds except on the open highway - then he goes 80 to 90 miles an hour. It does cut down on travel time but I worry about a ticket and my car. The car does fine and FOP (Police officer) plates really cuts down on the risk of a ticket.

Sorry about the tire. Sounds like we both had hard times in NC on I-95. Had that same problem when we were calling the police. Hopefully next time I will remember the Onstar button.:idea:

I don't have onstar. That would have made things so much easier. I was just thankful that my DH had the forethought to get a spare, and more thankful that DSIL could handle the truck. He normally drives a Hyundai Sonata so a little car. I want to avoid the NC/VA border from now on. Two return trips and two problems.

Hopefully leaving a little later meant you missed some of that Orlando traffic. They really need a bypass just to get to WDW from I95, I can't stand driving through Orlando.

We actually did hit very little traffic. And what we did hit went at a very steady pace. Jim drives through Philly traffic every day so traffic doesn't bother him.

I can't believe the waiter didn't warn you the fries would be extra? Makes me :mad: when they do things like that.

I was angry about it because the kids barely touched the fries so that was a lot of money just thrown away. One order would have been fine for all of them. I was a waitress when I went to college and I always gave people a heads up when they wanted an ala carte item. I hate that you can't adjust your tip when you have over 6 people at a table. He was a nice guy but no kids desserts and the fries would have definitely had me thinking about 15% instead of 18%.

We always have lots of snacks left when we do the meal plan.

It is just too much food. But the left over snack credits give me a cheap present for the grandkids. They love the Mickey gummy bears.

Thanks for sharing your report and look forward to the next one!
Thank you for reading along.

I had a lot of fun sharing my trip and am in the process of sorting out my pics and notes from my last trip to my happy place. I will have a new report up soon. Still working on the title too.

No great trip is complete without some kind of automobile breakdown!
Can't wait for Scotty's IP-Dip TR. They come home tomorrow. Felt like a really long time! But I guess 13 days is long.

Did anyone ever end up meeting hooking up with Buzz and Linnie?

No great trip is complete without some kind of automobile breakdown!
Can't wait for Scotty's IP-Dip TR. They come home tomorrow. Felt like a really long time! But I guess 13 days is long.

Did anyone ever end up meeting hooking up with Buzz and Linnie?

I may rent a car next year. At least that way I don't have to pay for repairs. :rotfl2:
Jim and I are going down right after Thanksgivine and he wants to drive. I may give in since he most likely won't get his summer trip this year.

I have put my TR off so that I can at least coincide with his first week. I would love to go for 13 days but I'll have to wait for Jay to make the big leagues. He promised me a DVC membership when he becomes a pro ball player. I can dream.

I don't know if Scott ever met up with them or not. I'm glad I at least got to meet them 2 years ago. Maybe next year. Kristel and I are debating a long weekend trip for Ip Dip as we have bigger plans in the works, if she ever wants to travel with me again. My Grumpy shirts fit my mood some days because of the ankle.

I may rent a car next year. At least that way I don't have to pay for repairs. :rotfl2:
Jim and I are going down right after Thanksgivine and he wants to drive. I may give in since he most likely won't get his summer trip this year.

I have put my TR off so that I can at least coincide with his first week. I would love to go for 13 days but I'll have to wait for Jay to make the big leagues. He promised me a DVC membership when he becomes a pro ball player. I can dream.

I don't know if Scott ever met up with them or not. I'm glad I at least got to meet them 2 years ago. Maybe next year. Kristel and I are debating a long weekend trip for Ip Dip as we have bigger plans in the works, if she ever wants to travel with me again. My Grumpy shirts fit my mood some days because of the ankle.

That's what it would be for us. A long weekend. Kevin will most likely come with us to the next one. He wants to golf with Buzz.

That's what it would be for us. A long weekend. Kevin will most likely come with us to the next one. He wants to golf with Buzz.

I am really hoping we can work it out to come next year. I know Jim won't come down. He doesn't golf and he is saving his vacation time for December.

Great ending to the report.

Vinny wants to drive next time.

I think Jay needs to be left home next time. Make him realize what he is missing. When I was a teen I didn't like it so we stopped for a few years.

Great tr now onto the next one.

Great ending to the report.

Vinny wants to drive next time.

I think Jay needs to be left home next time. Make him realize what he is missing. When I was a teen I didn't like it so we stopped for a few years.

Great tr now onto the next one.

So does Jim next November/December.

Jay is missing the next couple of trips. Me alone, Jim and I and possible me alone again. I'm ready to leave now.

Thank you the next one has started.

Next is Ella she is 3 1/2 y/o going on 16 . She is the baby of the family and gets away with a lot because of it. Not with Grandmom though. She LOVES Minnie Mouse and the Princesses, expecially Tiana. She is tough. She was 39 & 7/8" when we were in Disney. She loves wild rides and wanted to ride all of the mountains. That 1/8" created some problems because she couldn't go on the rides. She LOVED Haunted Mansion so it was a great distraction.

Was this her height with shoes on or off?? My DS3 is a hair shy of 40" with his shoes off. Just curious if I should find something to make him grow faster!! :rolleyes1

Just finished binge reading your TR here. Looks like you had a nice trip for sure, but the DHS Day made me a bit melancholy. I miss the Animation Academy, the Backlot Tour and the GMR. All of those are gone now. :(

Okay, off to read some more!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!