It's a small world clock question

jcriket

DIS Veteran
Do the number on the small world clock have any meaning to them?
We saw the number 6 and 7 together and 2 was at the top, we saw 1 and 9 together also. And was just wondering if that had any meaning to do with its opening, and stuff like that.

I know that the clock opens on the hour and little soldiers come out, and, I could be wrong here, but I believe that it opens on the half-hour as well. I'm unsure of the importance of the positioning of the numbers...I thought they were in the normal clock order until I read this question.

RyMickey said:
I know that the clock opens on the hour and little soldiers come out, and, I could be wrong here, but I believe that it opens on the half-hour as well.

It does open up at the half hour. I discovered this the last time I was there. I looked at my watch and it was 9:30am. It was the first time I'd seen this!

I never knew about the figures coming out on the half hour! I'm going to have to check that out on the next trip!

Does anyone have a picture of the clock? Somehow, I can't bring up a clear mental picture of it.

Isn't Disney amazing? Always another detail to notice!

:sunny:

thotfulspot said:
Does anyone have a picture of the clock? Somehow, I can't bring up a clear mental picture of it.

It's that white decorated wall on the right towards the back of the picture. The walls open up, and chimes.

IMG_0841.jpg

When you get into the boat, it would be on your immediate left. It's not something I noticed until I went at 9:30, and saw how the walls openned up.

It opens up on the 15 and 45 minute mark as well. I have a picture of it from when we were on the boat. I will try to get it attached.

The refurb they did a while back was superb, so bright, fresh. And a touch of DL too. The music is so vibrant now too. Here are a few photos of the clock.............

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Dan Murphy said:
The refurb they did a while back was superb, so bright, fresh. And a touch of DL too. The music is so vibrant now too. Here are a few photos of the clock.............

IMG_3469.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3472.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, it helps me explain my question. I know this is a clock, I know the doors open and tell the time, however to the right of the doors, when they're closed, there are numbers that don't tell the time. They are in no special order, that I can tell, but knowing Disney they must mean something. Maybe it's Walts social security number or something. :confused3

For instance did you know the red, white, and yellow pipes on the walls, and ceiling, on Dinosaur are the formulas for ketchup, mustard, and mayo, because the sponsor of the ride is McDonald's.

It looks like just random 0-9 thats all but there's always something behind it .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest