Hanging up my running shoes

Sorry, I wasn't clear on the FB page. It's actually a fan page for the INKnBURN brand. BTW, the design sold out in just a few hours! :eek:

LOL! I was thinking "wait a second, am I missing out on more Disney running discussion?!" Oh wow, kind of like Disney races registration I guess.:rotfl:

It's Time for a New Beginning
b95f46fd5a169545e616e228a8fd6894.jpg

Because isn't that how running works? You finish one training plan, run a race and then start looking toward the next one, so since I'm in that short little window between the end of the last training plan and the start of the plan for the CHICAGO MARATHON...

c0f37442c6c9e8219ccfb8f6580e9e3c.gif

It's time to lay out some new plans and goals for the summer!

Goal 1 - Get back on the low-carb band wagon.
giphy.gif

I'd done great with losing weight over the winter by going low carb, but after hitting goal weight, I've gradually let myself slip and managed to gain 6 pounds. So, now's the time to buckle back down before that trend continues. So, today, going back to using My Fitness Pal to track my food and carb intake. Plus, it's swimsuit season around here finally!

Goal 2 - Drink more water.
giphy.gif

I've been bad about not drinking enough water again and now that temps are much warmer, I really need to get consistent with the fluid intake again! I'll track this on My Fitness Pal too I think.

Goal 3 - Upper body/core workouts.
Bob-works-out-1.gif

This helps me so much in running. I have a tendency to collapse in on my core while running when I get tired, and when I was consistently doing core work last year, that was much improved. So, I'll be adding this back in. Trust me, this is nothing terribly hard or strenuous. Just enough to build a bit of strength.

Goal 4 - Yoga
tumblr_inline_p41prx6ZMt1r0h1om_540.gif

But, I'll be taking it easier again at first to be sure I don't strain something again!

Goal 5 - Start the marathon training plan. I messaged Da Coach about maybe starting up the first part of June. We did start running with our Galloway group again, so I'll need to best figure out how to work in that with the plan, but I think it won't be too hard to do. It's always fun to see all our friends from our Galloway training and new faces to start out the season!

JC0NBi.gif

So, there you go! New season about to begin!!

P.S. Today was the 60 day mark for our summer Disney trip with my girls and I was able to score pretty much all the Fastpasses I wanted. The only exception was the one for Slinky Dog Coaster at the time I wanted, but we'll either rope drop it on EMH morning or I'll keep looking for a possible FP to show up later for the time I want. But otherwise, everything worked out according to my spreadsheet plan, which, of course, makes me very happy!

Charlotte_DisneyVacation.gif

Awesome goals! I'm excited to see how Chicago Marathon (!!!) training goes and how these goals help you have your best marathon ever!

Don't you love that NEW PLAN smell?

frozen%20gif%202.gif

I am now in possession of my freshly-minted @DopeyBadger Chicago training plan!! So excited to get it and I'm loving the way it looks. The paces are staying the same since my fitness level is still roughly the same. Here's a peek at the paces.

A couple new paces in there, namely the Marathon Tempo and the Daniels T paces. YIKES! Although I really don't mind the speed work. Well, I do sort of while I'm doing them, but once done I feel very accomplished and realize they weren't really as bad as I thought they were going to be. After a couple of messages with Coach, we both agreed that we like the way the Daniels T workouts and the M Tempo runs marry together and reading through the whole plan, I can certainly see how Coach is working to get me used to those paces while also building up my endurance at those paces. So, yeah, I'm pretty excited about the whole thing. The plan doesn't start until the first full week of June, so I still have a couple of weeks for just some easy paces and getting settled in for the start of the next big training season.

This week is already a bit of a bust with springtime thunderstorms and parent meetings with end of the school year stuff coming to a head. So, whatever, I'm just going to go with the flow and run as I can and be ready for the start of the new plan.

Last edited:
Daniels T paces. YIKES! Although I really don't mind the speed work. Well, I do sort of while I'm doing them, but once done I feel very accomplished and realize they weren't really as bad as I thought they were going to be.

This is me every. single. time. I have a T-paced run. You're not alone!

REMEMBER ME??

200.gif

Watched Coco this weekend on Netflix and loved it!
I'm still around. Personal and work life have been a bit crazy of late, but trying to get back on track with my journal!

So, we have been running the last few weeks, but nothing too major. We were in that in between space of our last plan/race and waiting for the beginning of our Chicago marathon plan, which officially started today! Woohoo!!!

giphy.gif

So, I'll be more consistent in my training updates going forward! Accountability, y'all!!

DisneyGrandmotherWillowAnim.gif

So, here's the plan for this week.

Monday - 3 miles at EC (Easy Continuous)
Tuesday - 3 miles at Easy/LR pace
Wednesday - OFF (I may try and do some strength training this week ;) )
Thursday - 4(ish) miles Daniels T pace (first time we've done this :scared1:)
Friday - OFF
Saturday - 4 miles at Easy/LR
Sunday - 6 miles at Easy/LR

Very excited to get started on the new plan!

tenor.gif

Had our first run this morning with our Easy Continuous pace and we were way too fast. :oops: But we'll get that reigned in as we progress.

And, lastly in Marathon Weekend news!

APWh.gif

They've finally announced the registration date opening! July 19th. :eek: So far away still! The reason is that they will be moving to using a Disney platform for registrations and you must have a Disney account in order to register. In general, I think this could be a good thing, to have all of that in a Disney account rather than messing with Active as well. But, given Disney's history with some of their IT platforms, it also makes me a bit nervous.

26117ec078b515423bd5fc706a1002fe.gif

But, I'll hope for the best. To complicate matters, we will actually be AT Disney when registration opens up. Luckily I have it scheduled as a non-park day, so I should be able to manage to get us registered on a mobile device. Since we plan on running the marathon only, I know we have time to get registered even if I don't do it opening day. But, secretly (or not so secretly now), I'm still considering the 10K as well, so if we do that, we'd need to get registered on day 1 I think.

So, there, an actual update to my journal.

myadventurebook.gif

More regular updates to come.

giphy.gif

The GIF queen reigns supreme! So good! Glad to see you back :)

The late registration date really surprised me- we'll actually be in Chicago that day (which is my birthday!). Like you, I'm a little nervous about the new platform. Hopefully it's easy to sign up on phones... don't let us down, Disney!

The GIF queen reigns supreme! So good! Glad to see you back :)

The late registration date really surprised me- we'll actually be in Chicago that day (which is my birthday!). Like you, I'm a little nervous about the new platform. Hopefully it's easy to sign up on phones... don't let us down, Disney!

Nice to be back!

Early happy birthday to you! My girls' birthday is July 17 and mine is July 8, so happy birthday to us Cancers and lets hope for a smooth registration day!

Glad to see you (and your GIFs) are back! Welcome to the first week of a new plan, I'm looking forward to following along!

Also, fingers crossed for everyone that the registration process runs smoothly.

Glad to see you back to updating!

I started with Daniels T pace last plan ... I actually find them kind of fun. I like maintaining that faster pace for a while and then having the rest interval. Hopefully you will enjoy them too!

I'm still considering the 10K as well,

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you (and your GIFs) are back! Welcome to the first week of a new plan, I'm looking forward to following along!

Also, fingers crossed for everyone that the registration process runs smoothly.

Thanks! And, I'm so hoping the registration goes well. At least the virtual races have to do it first, right? So maybe they'll discover any bugs and give runDisney time to fix them. :D

Glad to see you back to updating!

I started with Daniels T pace last plan ... I actually find them kind of fun. I like maintaining that faster pace for a while and then having the rest interval. Hopefully you will enjoy them too!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sort of looking forward to the T paces. We've had speed workouts before and I don't love them while I'm doing them, but it's a nice sense of accomplishment when they are done.

I vote you do the 10K to experience my booze stop!!!!!!

Great. Just what I needed. More enabling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter