It’s sexist men can post on here about Best bathrooms to poop in but

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
women can’t ask honest questions about being concerned about having their period on a Disney trip. I put a warning in the subject. I was looking for insight from other women. We’re all adults here and having your period is a normal and natural thing. I wasn’t being crass. I wanted tips from women who have worried about the same thing (which is most women). Having your period isn’t more “un-Disney” than going poop. I didn’t realize it was sexist here. How sad, I’ve loved this board. Maybe it’s just not the place for me. Good luck to everyone on your trips.

I've seen other period posts in the past so I'm almost wondering if it was the first person that answered you that made it get deleted due to the "solution" they gave.

Like I said in that thread there is very little you are going to be able to do when your trip is during your next period.
If it was 6 months out I'd suggest going to your gyn and asking for solutions to lighten or stop your period but I doubt they can offer you a solution that will be this quick of a "fix".

Personally I'm on BCP for regulation purposes at the moment so if I see I'm gonna hae it during my next trip I'll start the placebos a few days early so I'm done when I leave for Disney.

My mom used to have very very heavy periods when I was a child and she would go to the bathroom about once an hour at Disney.
My sister had to stop taking BCP so last year she had a very very heavy period at Disney and again we basically just stopped at the bathroom often.
They said its annoying but it doesn't "ruin" the Disney magic.

as said above, really the only way to cease your period on a quick basis is with hormones, aka Birth control pills. no guarantee that you can get pregnant in a very short timeframe, haha... ;)

You can start a new fresh pack when you would be normally taking your first "placebo" pill, that will push your cycle back a week but you can't make it come early.

it's a normal process and shouldn't be something you are ashamed of. I am sure they sell feminine hygiene items at the parks and the resorts and you can have them delivered via Amazon, etc. you just schedule in more bathroom breaks on your trip, is all! :D

Not sure what you exact questions or concerns are, but I highly recommend using a menstrual cup.

You don’t need to bring or purchase a bunch of “supplies” on vacation (just the one cup), you can insert it before your period begins so you don’t have to worry about being surprised or having an “accident” while you’re out and have no supplies in your purse. It lasts 12+ hours so I have never once had to empty it in a public restroom.

It has made me go from dreading/stressing about getting my period on vacation to being completely unconcerned what time of the month it is.

I would add, whatever solution works for you, make sure to bring plenty of supplies. I've been at WDW and been unable to find products that worked best for me--lesson learned. These days, I'm just happy to be through menopause :)

Not sure what you exact questions or concerns are, but I highly recommend using a menstrual cup.

You don’t need to bring or purchase a bunch of “supplies” on vacation (just the one cup), you can insert it before your period begins so you don’t have to worry about being surprised or having an “accident” while you’re out and have no supplies in your purse. It lasts 12+ hours so I have never once had to empty it in a public restroom.

It has made me go from dreading/stressing about getting my period on vacation to being completely unconcerned what time of the month it is.

Personally I could not deal with the cup.
Its also not something I'd suggest doing for the first time on vacation.

I would add, whatever solution works for you, make sure to bring plenty of supplies. I've been at WDW and been unable to find products that worked best for me--lesson learned. These days, I'm just happy to be through menopause :)

Oh so true about supplies that work for YOU.
I only like specific brands and types of things. Its just like other toiletries. Sure they have SOMETHING for you to use but its not what you like necessarily.

It may sound strange, but I find my period bothering me less when I am at Disney. As I am on the move all day, distractions everywhere, doing what I love, and having less bathroom breaks than normal (I also drink less than normal), makes it more bearable. Moving all day makes the biggest difference from sitting at a desk at a boring office.

I must add, I never had periods that bad to the point that I can only lay in bed/on the couch with a hot water bottle.

Personally I could not deal with the cup.
Its also not something I'd suggest doing for the first time on vacation.

You are correct about not trying it out for the first time on vacation. I was not suggesting that.

Someone mentioned 6 months out so I was thinking using it for a few months prior to see if it works for her. I see now that was not the OP, but either way it was just a suggestion to make traveling easier in general. If not in time for this trip, someone may find it helpful for the future.

You are correct about not trying it out for the first time on vacation. I was not suggesting that.

Someone mentioned 6 months out so I was thinking using it for a few months prior to see if it works for her. I see now that was not the OP, but either way it was just a suggestion to make traveling easier in general. If not in time for this trip, someone may find it helpful for the future.
I had mentioned if it was 6 months out more solutions could be available but she will be there next month during her next period which limits what she could do to delay it or make it less of an annoyance.

I had mentioned if it was 6 months out more solutions could be available but she will be there next month during her next period which limits what she could do to delay it or make it less of an annoyance.
Yes, that definitely limits the options.

I think some of the missing info (like how soon her trip is) was probably in the previous thread that I didn’t see.

And, of course, now I’m really curious about this “close-worthy” solution that was suggested...:upsidedow

Yes, that definitely limits the options.

I think some of the missing info (like how soon her trip is) was probably in the previous thread that I didn’t see.

And, of course, now I’m really curious about this “close-worthy” solution that was suggested...:upsidedow

Use your imagination. It was an action between 2 people. I think it was more or less saying that can make it potentially less heavy during it but unless you become pregnant its not going to stop/delay it.

The idea was that it could make it start early if it was close to time to start anyhow, (like a few days early) which means that while she still may menstruate the first day or two of her trip she may be past the worst of it.

The idea was that it could make it start early if it was close to time to start anyhow, (like a few days early) which means that while she still may menstruate the first day or two of her trip she may be past the worst of it.
Doing the deed doesn't usually make it come early.

periods are natural and there should be no shame attached to the topic.

I was on mine my last trip. I packed panty liners in my day bag in case of any leaking, that way I wouldn't have to completely go back to the room to change. But I did also bring an extra pair of undies just in case. I always carried baby wipes anyway to wipe down tables or clean off our hands from a messy snack, so if anything got messy, I was covered in that department.

Depending on how heavy you are, pack as many tampons as you could possibly need. For example, my tampons tend to expand even after I just got off a ride that got some water in the seats. I'd head directly to the bathroom and change that out, even if it wasn't old, just to make sure no murky nasty water that had been absorbed by my tampon was sitting inside my body for too long.

and I know time tends to escape us in the parks, but as you know, it's never good to have tampons in your body for longer than 8 hours, so even if youre on the lighter side, try and change it before 8 hours has come and gone :)

If you are still looking for solutions, I have one for you! I am in the same boat as you and my cycle is longer than normal so the 1st day of my cycle is a little more random and I couldn't plan our trip around it. Long story short, after paying closer attention to Imy dates for a few months I discovered the month before our trip that I would have my period the exact week we would be in WDW. I called my obgyn and she perscribed provera (progesterone) for me to take for ten days during the middle of my cycle to induce my period early so that I would have it the week before our trip instead of the week of. This was a very easy and effective solution to changing the dates of my period and avioding menstruating during our big family vacation. Good luck!!

Provera can also hold off your period if you are leaving sooner than the amount of time needed to take the medicine, wait for your period to start and finish before traveling. You can just take the drug through your trip during the expected date of your period then as soon as you are home suspend the drug and start your period at that time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter