Is there anything off site in reasonable walking distance?

MeeskaMooskaMickey

Mouseketeer
We’ll be staying at Cabana Bay for our very first visit in a few weeks and we’re getting really excited! We won’t be hiring a car and I’m just wondering if there are any restaurants or small grocery stores within about 10 mins walk away from the hotel’s exit? We know we can always Uber if not but it would be nice to not have the hassle sometimes! Thank you

We’ll be staying at Cabana Bay for our very first visit in a few weeks and we’re getting really excited! We won’t be hiring a car and I’m just wondering if there are any restaurants or small grocery stores within about 10 mins walk away from the hotel’s exit? We know we can always Uber if not but it would be nice to not have the hassle sometimes! Thank you

I'm don't know about grocery, there is a TGIFridays within walking distance (I bussed to City walk and walked to a nearby hotel to rent a car, saw it there.), but the food court at CBBR is pretty good so I'm not sure why you would be looking for another restaurant? There are a lot of restaurants on International Drive but you would need a ride.

I dont find the Universal area to be an easy place to walk around. In order to get to the Doubletree for my car rental, I had to go to City Walk and cut through the valet parking area to get to the sidewalk on Universal Blvd.

In March, we walked from Portofino Bay to Walgreens at the corner of Vineland & S Kirkman and thought it was an easy walk. It's a bit further away from Cabana Bay but, if you take a water taxi to Portofino Bay and walk out to Vineland, it takes less than 10 minutes to get to Walgreens. As for restaurants, we enjoyed food at Miller's Ale House and Border Grill. There are several other restaurants and fast food joints in the Vineland & S Kirkman area.

Bring the area up on Google Earth or mapquest.......

You can zoom in and buildings are all marked.

That’ll tell you everything around the area and walking distances too.

There's not anything really in walking distance of Cabana, except other hotels. I second that the food court is really good there, and not too horribly priced. But like someone else mentioned, you could bus to City Walk and walk to the Holiday Inn across the street and the TGIF there. I think there are some other restaurants behind the Holiday Inn as well. I stayed at the Double Tree next door and the walk wasn't bad at all. It is a bit quicker if you go through the valet lot.

We walked to the Publix on W Sand Lake rd when we stayed at Cabana Bay to pick up breakfast items, sunscreen, and pool floats. It looked okay on the map, but ended up being a pretty lengthy walk. We got an Uber back. If you go in that direction, it's faster if you go out the back of the resort (parking lot area next to Volcano Bay), but it's still not really a good walk. Stick with Uber/Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!