Is there a counter-service restaurant that serves alcohol in the Magic Kingdom? (other than Be Our Guest)

Always Dream

Mouseketeer
Title says it all. In looking through the menus it seems like the Magic Kingdom only serves alcohol with sit-down meals.

Thanks!

Sit down only, and that’s a fairly new thing. It was completely dry til BOG opened with alcohol at dinner. Since then they gradually added alcohol to other sit downs, starting with dinner, and just changed the last menu this year I think.

No CS.
At this time Skipper Canteen and BoG are the only places for now that serve alcohol in the MK.
I would guess at some time Gastons would as it fits the theme, but not yet.
Maybe Pecos Bills as well.

According to the menu on the WDW site, CRT has alcohol with all three meals.

Crystal Palace and The Plaza do too. I think that’s all of them.
CRT has for awhile now. Three years ago I had champagne with dinner there.

Homer Simpson on alcohol... 427196

"Here's to alcohol; the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
"Beer... now there's a temporary solution."
"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies... and kids with fake IDs."
"Ah, good ol' trustworthy beer. My love for you will never die."

Honestly, even though alcohol is commonly drunk in many public places in the world, the one place that it seems odd to me to be sold and consumed at is an amusement park. Any place where kids are a main focus and customer base seems to be the last place you'd find easy access to alcohol, even for adults... and especially for adults with alcohol problems.

Oh well, what do I know... Let's keep the continuing line of generational alcoholics alive and kickin'!:dance3:

Homer Simpson on alcohol... View attachment 427196

"Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies... and kids with fake IDs."

Honestly, even though alcohol is commonly drunk in many public places in the world, the one place that it seems odd to me to be sold and consumed at is an amusement park. Any place where kids are a main focus and customer base seems to be the last place you'd find easy access to alcohol, even for adults... and especially for adults with alcohol problems.

Oh well, what do I know... Let's keep the continuing line of generational alcoholics alive and kickin'!:dance3:
Are you joking? I can’t tell you how many times “I need a drink” comes to mind at WDW when you have kids in tow. It seemed odd to me they didn’t have alcohol in MK until recently!!!!

Homer Simpson on alcohol... View attachment 427196

WDW isn’t a children’s amusement park. It’s a resort for all age groups. Plenty of people go without children, and even people with kids are allowed to have a drink. There’s a pretty big leap between having a drink or two on vacation, and being an alcoholic.

Man, I wish. MK would be SO much more tolerable if I could have a few when I was walking around. I love Epcot for this reason - when the crowds and kids whining (mine AND yours) gets to me, I grab a beer and a bench and put myself on time out..

For me it was my in laws. We started the trip at MK...BAD IDEA. When we got to Epcot for dinner, I think I grabbed a drink ON THE WAY. New rule, only go to MK with people you REALLY like or do a table service that has alcohol while there

We are empty nesters and hardly ever go to MK because it's always so chaotic, my DH calls it "stroller hell". If there ever was a place you needed a beverage to take the edge off, it's MK! Now that we can get a drink with lunch or dinner at the TS restaurants, we go more often.

It seems I struck a nerve with the "drinky-drinky" crowd here on the DisBoards...

"Are you joking? I can’t tell you how many times “I need a drink” comes to mind at WDW when you have kids in tow.
It seemed odd to me they didn’t have alcohol in MK until recently!!!!"

Hmmmm... Nuff said...

"WDW isn’t a children’s amusement park. It’s a resort for all age groups.
Plenty of people go without children, and even people with kids are allowed to have a drink.
There’s a pretty big leap between having a drink or two on vacation, and being an alcoholic."

No where did I say that Disney World was exclusively a child's amusement park. But you can not deny that the main focus of the park is directed towards children; the characters, the merchandise, etc. There is nothing wrong with a drink or two; but for some, it leads to three, four... "Hell, why stop; I'm enjoying myself." Which is soon followed by belligerence, stumbling and barfing; is this what you came to Disney for? Good Lord, I hope not.

The shame of it is that some adults (and parents) lack the ability to distinguish if and when they should drink, let alone having restraint to handle their alcohol consumption. I would think Walt Disney didn't envision his parks to cater to the alcohol-fueled ilk.

But since Walt's dead, drink up, act stupid... and be a star in the next viral video. I'm sure someone will be recording...

Over and out.

It seems I struck a nerve with the "drinky-drinky" crowd here on the DisBoards...

Okay, I barely even drink. Maybe 10 drinks a year. One or two in a week at WDW. But I have absolutely no problem with people who drink more than me in WDW.

In 15 trips I’ve never seen anyone “stumbling and barfing.” Most of the people who drink in the parks actually have the ability to control themselves.

Also, Walt built the park for families. Those families have adults. Adults are allowed to enjoy some adult things on vacation.

Enjoying alcohol whilst on vacation is hardly contributing to alcoholism. I enjoy alcohol (specifically bourbon) in the same way some appreciate food. In the same way beer and wine enthusiasts do. How fabulous to be able to be able to drink a southwest produced beer in Pecos Bills or a French beer from Gaston’s tavern. I don’t feel like any other park at WDW has lost any appeal because they serve alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter