Is there a charity to donate DVC points?

distravel

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is a charity to donate our DVC points. We only have banked 31 points expiring in December and will not be going to Disney this year. I am pretty sure Make A Wish will not be sending families to Disney because of Covid-19. I emailed DVC last month but never got a reply and the phone lines have been super busy. Thanks for any suggestions.

the best option is probably to rent a reservation and donate the cash.

due to transfer limitations, there are not a lot of options.

(also, just be aware that if you do donate a reservation, you are not permitted to deduct anything from your income taxes.)

I don't think so as they have no cash value on their own.
And you'd actually have to book something with those points and donate the reservation itself...
the best option is probably to rent a reservation and donate the cash.

due to transfer limitations, there are not a lot of options.

(also, just be aware that if you do donate a reservation, you are not permitted to deduct anything from your income taxes.)

Thanks for your replies. I suppose I was hoping that Disney had a program where DVC members could just donate points and then DVC would combine them to give vacations to a charity program as my 31 points are pretty much useless on their own.

I doubt in this situation. I have inquired about this as well as my sons comp tickets and it would work with me booking for the recipient. But I donate to Mary's Place by the Sea in Ocean Grove which is a respite home for women with cancer and it is not a place I would ever send someone with a compromised immune system. I have points and probably will move them to RCI and then donate them to a family for use if needed to either be by a loved some in the hospital or for a nice getaway for them. If anyone hears anything please share.

Thanks for your replies. I suppose I was hoping that Disney had a program where DVC members could just donate points and then DVC would combine them to give vacations to a charity program as my 31 points are pretty much useless on their own.
I wish they had this too. I have 3 points that probably won’t get used. It’s no great loss but I’m one of those people who doesn’t like anything to go to waste. Would be so nice if they had a charity account we could gift to so I felt like they aren’t lost.

Another option is to rent the points through the Disboards or one of the DVC vacation brokers. Then you can donate that cash to the charity of your choice...

Maybe we can get disney to open up resorts and let these make a wish kids have some joy. Now I like it. A win win... disney gets a big thank you and puts staff to work and gets help with PPE.

I suppose I was hoping that Disney had a program where DVC members could just donate points and then DVC would combine them to give vacations to a charity program as my 31 points are pretty much useless on their own.

LOL. They have that program. It's called the Mouse pockets the change.

I donated a weekend stay at OKW to a volunteer at GTKTW years ago. I called the organization, they set it up with me for a volunteer to go. That’s what I did.

This has been asked for for a long time but DVC has never been willing to support it. so the members have to mange it themselves.

It would a great way for GKTW a way to help extended families to partake in these special visits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter