Is mailing a package to resort still ok?

Nice!
Hmmm So I guess they don’t deliver to the room anymore. In the past bell services would deliver it.
Thanks
Kerri
I really miss the delivery to the room ... The last time we had to go to the mail center it took forever bc we got lost.

I really miss the delivery to the room ... The last time we had to go to the mail center it took forever bc we got lost.
:headache:
I’m hoping bell services can get my package. I will be at BLT and I know they have a convention center so I guess I will find out.
My question is this... this package will be in the 30 pd range... I won’t have a car... am I supposed to carry this package from convention. I can’t imagine that:scared:
Thanks
Kerri

I'd probably stop at bell services first, on your way to get the package, tell them that the package is about 30 pounds, and ask them to help. They will likely walk with you to the package pickup area with a luggage cart.

Thinking back on my experience over the years:

1) The year I got an Owner's Locker, I shipped a big box to Boardwalk Villas. I stopped at Bell Services. The Bell Services guy grabbed a cart and walked over to the BoardWalk Convention Center business office with me. The Business Center person put the box on the cart, and the Bell Services guy walked to my room with me.

2) Last year I had a small package shipped to BoardWalk Villas. I could have carried it, but I was not going to be in the hotel during the hours that the Convention Center's business office was open. I went to the front desk one evening after the business office had closed, and asked them to get the package for me. I waited in the lobby and they brought it out to me.

3) When I had a package shipped to Beach Club, I walked over the Yacht Club/Beach Club convention center. The cast member in the business office told me that another cast member who normally works in the business office was out delivering a package to a guest's room. My room was not ready yet, so I took the package to Bell Services and left it there. When my room was ready, I called down and had Bell Services bring the package up with my luggage.

4) At Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, there is no convention center. The package was delivered to the front desk. I called down to Bell Services and asked to have it brought up to my room. Bell Services said they were not allowed to do that. I had to go down to the front desk, wait in line, and ask them to bring it up to my room. A cast member who was not affiliated with Bell Services brought it up to my room.

A note about shipping: it's not cheap. You can price it out on the FedEx and UPS website.

At Aulani I had a Fedex package delivered yesterday to Bell Services, no fee.

:earsboy: Bill
Well, I am surprised...but I guess Aulani doesn't receive as many shipped packages per guest as WDW. A lot of people ship stuff to WDW, partly to avoid airline baggage fees. Shipping to Hawaii would probably cost more than the airline baggage fee.

I'd probably stop at bell services first, on your way to get the package, tell them that the package is about 30 pounds, and ask them to help. They will likely walk with you to the package pickup area with a luggage cart.
Thanks! I will definitely stop at bell services with a big smile and a tip:-)

1) The year I got an Owner's Locker, I shipped a big box to Boardwalk Villas. I stopped at Bell Services. The Bell Services guy grabbed a cart and walked over to the BoardWalk Convention Center business office with me. The Business Center person put the box on the cart, and the Bell Services guy walked to my room with me.

2) Last year I had a small package shipped to BoardWalk Villas. I could have carried it, but I was not going to be in the hotel during the hours that the Convention Center's business office was open. I went to the front desk one evening after the business office had closed, and asked them to get the package for me. I waited in the lobby and they brought it out to me.

3) When I had a package shipped to Beach Club, I walked over the Yacht Club/Beach Club convention center. The cast member in the business office told me that another cast member who normally works in the business office was out delivering a package to a guest's room. My room was not ready yet, so I took the package to Bell Services and left it there. When my room was ready, I called down and had Bell Services bring the package up with my luggage.

4) At Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House, there is no convention center. The package was delivered to the front desk. I called down to Bell Services and asked to have it brought up to my room. Bell Services said they were not allowed to do that. I had to go down to the front desk, wait in line, and ask them to bring it up to my room. A cast member who was not affiliated with Bell Services brought it up to my room.

A note about shipping: it's not cheap. You can price it out on the FedEx and UPS website.
Now that’s a variety:-)
I haven’t shipped in probably 5 years.
Back then I want to say my packages were about $35.... pretty heavy. I also used to pack big bottle of absolut and mixing juices;-) I won’t do that now with all the extra security for liquids, don’t want to scare anyone.
Thanks
Kerri

Just another data point for Chuck’s good information: At Jambo, ordered a Bluetooth speaker to enjoy and keep in the Owner’s Locker. It went to the front desk/office as according to the Bellman it “was not groceries”. Front desk CM was surprised it hadn’t come to my room already (so She certainly though it would automatically be delivered) and asked whether I wanted it, or wanted it delivered. I took it, and do show the $5 handling fee on my room account.

I feel like a moron but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to 'do' UPS. Lots of documents downloaded. I was simple rates. 3 day and Ground. Why is it so difficult to understand? Help....

I feel like a moron but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to 'do' UPS. Lots of documents downloaded. I was simple rates. 3 day and Ground. Why is it so difficult to understand? Help....
Do u have a UPS store near you? There is one in my town. I just go there with my box sealed already .
I write my own shipping information on the box in big bold...(fer easy seein);-)
Then they weigh and put their own tags on.
Kerri

I have used a FedEx Office location just because it is easier for me to get to than the UPS Store. I box the items up myself. They have stacks of blank labels, so I grab a label and fill it out when I get there.

Do u have a UPS store near you? There is one in my town. I just go there with my box sealed already .
I write my own shipping information on the box in big bold...(fer easy seein);-)
Then they weigh and put their own tags on.
Kerri

LOL I meant what the possible weight might cost for the distance.

I have used a FedEx Office location just because it is easier for me to get to than the UPS Store. I box the items up myself. They have stacks of blank labels, so I grab a label and fill it out when I get there.

I am hoping for an estimate of how much a 25 lb box from New England to WDW might cost via UPS or FedEx 3 Day or Ground. I have shipping supplies from USPS as I ship overseas to me DD.

I would just call UPS up and tell them what size and weight the item is and ask for a ballpark figure.

Ok just thought I would update.

I had to go to business center at Contemporary for package. While I was there they called bell services to help me with package. Ahem they (bell services) even checked what my room number was because I forgot! ( 1 number off)
So this was the 1st time I had to go to business center to “pick up”
All worked out well.
Kerri

God I miss the days of getting 30+ packages (my record was 34 packages to BWV, 32 to aulani) delivered to my resort and all it cost was a generous tip for the poor guy to bring them up to the room..back when our exchange rate $$$$$$ was awesome...sigh...good times.
This year, no online shopping for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter