Is Disney World becoming a shell of its former self?

That’s one of the worst written articles I’ve seen in a long time. And when they started ranting about class warfare and Disney’s goals regarding diversity, I closed the page and quit reading.

I don’t know what I’ll think about the new system they put in place, but I know what I think about this source. As far as TP, I wouldn’t expect them to welcome a change that will effectively replace their paid for service.
No one said they would welcome it. Doesn't change the rumors they are so certain of that they have put it in their newest print edition.

With all the expansions Universal is doing to their parks right now, Disney has done barely anything to the parks. Disney's construction projects take longer than most government projects! And that's saying something, not only does it take Disney a decade to build a land, they are also not building enough new, interesting, well thought attractions. Adding another screen to soarin' isn't a new attraction, it's for capacity and should have been there in the first place! I know Disney is about to announce a rebranding mega project of DHS, but Universal is going to react to that in a very big way, that's a given, if Disney does not have this done by 2019, they're attendance will be going over to Universal, there will be a tipping point when people ask themselves, "why should I spend a lot more money at Disney, when I can save money and going to a park that is actually investing enough into it!" Mr. Iger, ten years ago when admission was half the cost you were putting more rides into the parks, and know that admission is $100 you're putting less attractions in the parks, that makes zero sense, all I'm saying is that Disney better get there act back together, and don't have construction at snail pace, that's not good.
Crazy the prices have gone up even more now, doubled again plus genie+! Like 180 or higher for MK on a busy day lol… I think we finally reached the tipping point 14 year old me was talking about. If you look at bookings for Disney, and how they are offering bounce back offers through the end of 2025 they are seeing soft demand for the resorts.

I’ve heard rumors, that wings of a few hotels will be taken offline if these trends continue….

It took a decade but we have come over the peak I believe, and I’m not the biggest Universal fan haven’t been since 2013, but Disney is definitely on edge with the new park next year.

Pricing got out of hand, and I believed damaged Disney’s reputation.

I think you need to take a long trip to both Disney Land and Disney World before giving your assessment.
Does being a Disneyland CM for two years until a month ago when I moved away count? Lol I’ve had first hand experience of longtime guests complaining its not what it used to be, and I agree.

I worked park side and hotels. Disneyland charges almost $10 for a bottle of smart water, that’s insane.

Very interesting how similar conversations surrounding Disney + Universal were happening almost 10 years ago. I've briefly skimmed this thread and I'm surprised some of the blatantly rude comments are still up lol

I wasn't following theme park news at all back when this thread was made but idk I just find it interesting. I especially find all of the Fastpass+ complaints to be ironic especially given we are stuck with Genie+ now.

Very interesting how similar conversations surrounding Disney + Universal were happening almost 10 years ago. I've briefly skimmed this thread and I'm surprised some of the blatantly rude comments are still up lol

I wasn't following theme park news at all back when this thread was made but idk I just find it interesting. I especially find all of the Fastpass+ complaints to be ironic especially given we are stuck with Genie+ now.
I agree! Fastpass plus I liked, I did the refresh method back then and get rides easily.

While I was a CM at Disneyland if guests asked if I thought genie plus was worth it, I would say definitely not. Told them to ride ROTR right before it closes for the night and wait time will be quick, same thing for Racers. They were thankful they could spend more money on souvenirs and not on genie.

I’ve heard all the stories from Disney corporate higher ups as well. One guy who was very involved with the film Wish, said Lasseter was pushed out of Pixar and most of the people thought it was BS. Said he was just a loving guy.

I’ve heard everything

Does being a Disneyland CM for two years until a month ago when I moved away count? Lol I’ve had first hand experience of longtime guests complaining its not what it used to be, and I agree.
Then you know first hand that the parks are still busy despite the increasing price. I haven't gone to Disneyland this year because I'm fed up with the crowds. Sorry to say, but the price needs to go higher to reduce the mass.

Then you know first hand that the parks are still busy despite the increasing price. I haven't gone to Disneyland this year because I'm fed up with the crowds. Sorry to say, but the price needs to go higher to reduce the mass.
I would say they’re not as busy, Disneyland just came out for 3 day ticket for anyone in US, not just California for summer that’s $83 a day.

They’ve never done a discount for everyone outside CA before, and never done discount like this in recent memory.

I would say they’re not as busy, Disneyland just came out for 3 day ticket for anyone in US, not just California for summer that’s $83 a day.

They’ve never done a discount for everyone outside CA before, and never done discount like this in recent memory.
In that case, I will be there soon.

I agree! Fastpass plus I liked, I did the refresh method back then and get rides easily.

While I was a CM at Disneyland if guests asked if I thought genie plus was worth it, I would say definitely not. Told them to ride ROTR right before it closes for the night and wait time will be quick, same thing for Racers. They were thankful they could spend more money on souvenirs and not on genie.

I’ve heard all the stories from Disney corporate higher ups as well. One guy who was very involved with the film Wish, said Lasseter was pushed out of Pixar and most of the people thought it was BS. Said he was just a loving guy.

I’ve heard everything
Personally I think the peak skip the line option was Maxpass but I just thought the discussion on this thread almost 10 years ago was interesting. Lots of people saying Nintendo will be a slam dunk for Universal too - hope those people know they're correct given that in quarterly earnings reports Universal states that spending at Osaka and Hollywood are up thanks to Nintendo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter