is club level worth $100 a night more?

wendlle

Aussie Wendy
Never stayed club level before, it's $100 a night more than the normal room rate i'm looking at.
is it worth it?

We typically spend a lot of time at the parks especially with the express passes we like to get our moneys worth so don't usually have a lot of resort days while at the expensive resorts.
But $100 doesn't seem like a huge amount of money - we are staying 4 nights, what would you do? Is it worth it?

Its a tough one and worth it is relative - for $100 Id say yeah.

Thing is - will you get breakfast there or head to the parks for early open?
Do you want to rush back at 4PM or 5PM to take advantage of the food options - you sort of feel like you have to to get your moneys worth.

Do you drink - its nice to get beer and wine included as well as waters - but that mean less time in the parks.

I really like the Club Level - but for me its hard to take advantage of it since I like to do the parks open to close.

Its a tough one and worth it is relative - for $100 Id say yeah.

Thing is - will you get breakfast there or head to the parks for early open?
Do you want to rush back at 4PM or 5PM to take advantage of the food options - you sort of feel like you have to to get your moneys worth.

Do you drink - its nice to get beer and wine included as well as waters - but that mean less time in the parks.

I really like the Club Level - but for me its hard to take advantage of it since I like to do the parks open to close.
Well, when you put it that way, LOL....
Club level wouldn't do it for us. We get up when we want and grab a bite at TukTuk at RPR, then off to the parks. We would not want to be tied down to a certain time to return just to "get our money's worth". We don't drink alcohol so that doesn't count in.
But as you say, it is all relative to each individual, but not for us:)

thanks, sounds like a lot of people love it.
hmmm, I don't think it would be for us though. We are typically not huge breakfast eaters, so usually bring cereal and eat in our rooms, or happy to grab a pastry on the walk to the parks.
We also usually stay at the parks until very late in the evening. I don't see us getting a $100 value out of it per day. There are 4 of us total, two being kids aged 9 and 6.

hmmm, I don't think it would be for us though. We are typically not huge breakfast eaters, so usually bring cereal and eat in our rooms, or happy to grab a pastry on the walk to the parks.
We also usually stay at the parks until very late in the evening. I don't see us getting a $100 value out of it per day. There are 4 of us total, two being kids aged 9 and 6.
If you are not going to be there for breakfast, and not be there for happy hour, then club level is definitely not worth it.

When we've done it, we've either spent most of the day at the hotel, or the incremental cost of CL was a lot less than $100 (which happened a few times during COVID), or we were a party of four.

If you are not going to be there for breakfast, and not be there for happy hour, then club level is definitely not worth it.

When we've done it, we've either spent most of the day at the hotel, or the incremental cost of CL was a lot less than $100 (which happened a few times during COVID), or we were a party of four.
this is what I'm thinking. If we were doing some pool days etc it could be worth it, but we are doing that when we are at Surfside, we are only staying at the premier hotel for the EP's so want to get good use out of them.

We do it when it fits and it works for us. Being south Floridians and going a lot we don't do park all day. Always a break for a few hours and the club is nice. Usually grab a glass of wine or 2 before we head out to dinner. Always grab couple sodas and water bottles before park entry. Diet Cokes at $6 now is worth it. But we do spend a decent amount of time at the resort since we usually kill a park in the AM with express.

If you have 4 or more people and if each one will rely on the Lounge for at least $25 of what they'd otherwise spend (e.g., $3 for the granola bar you'd have brought for breakfast but instead had breakfast in the lounge, $12 for the alcohol you'd otherwise have bought in the park, $10 for the snack or hot dog you'd have gotten but had Lounge snacks instead), then yes!

Obviously it gets harder if you have fewer people, and if your party is just one person, you'd have to be eating and drinking in the lounge all day long (and not dining elsewhere) to come out ahead.

On the other hand, there's a value to the ease and convenience of lounge access that should also be factored in, although that value is subjective and unique to every party.

I think your analysis is right on. It's very hard to get decent value from the lounge with kids, or adults who don't consume a lot of fountain beverages or don't plan to be there when they're serving alcohol, since those are the most valuable (compared with park prices) things the Lounge offers.

I think your analysis is right on. It's very hard to get decent value from the lounge with kids, or adults who don't consume a lot of fountain beverages or don't plan to be there when they're serving alcohol, since those are the most valuable (compared with park prices) things the Lounge offers.
We usually just get two freestyle cups and share them between the 4 of us and we also drink mainly water and are happy with the free water from the freestyle machine. I think if it was less than $100 I'd go for it like maybe half that for breakfast, but as it stands we would be better off without.

As many have mentioned "worth" is a very dependent term on each person's desires/wants/needs. When we go, we tend to stay 7 nights or longer at a time and almost always during slower times of the year. As such, we don't have to wake up early and rush to the parks to get early access, etc. And I tend to get up earlier than everyone else. Being able to head over to the lounge, grab a nice hot tea, sit down at a table with my tablet and either do a little work or catch up on the daily news, etc. is very relaxing to me. I can do that without waking everyone else up and it provides a very nice calm before the rush of the day starts. So a perfect way for me to start the day. :)

"Worth" to me is a lot more than whether we can maximize getting breakfast, snacks, dinner, or desserts in the lounge. I place a lot of "worth" on having a calm place to start my morning off without worrying about waking everyone up. but everyone is different and has different wants/needs/desires. The art is figuring out what works best for you. :thumbsup2

For us - NO
We much rather spend more time at the parks than worrying about getting back in time for food, plus we do not usually drink when we go to US. Plus, we are not big into continental breakfasts and then appetizers later in the day. My family will want a "real" breakfast after just a day or two of continental. LOL

We usually just get two freestyle cups and share them between the 4 of us and we also drink mainly water and are happy with the free water from the freestyle machine. I think if it was less than $100 I'd go for it like maybe half that for breakfast, but as it stands we would be better off without.
What is a freestyle cup and where do you get it?

What is a freestyle cup and where do you get it?
It's a refillable mug you purchase for a set price at your resort and then have unlimited soda refills at the hotel(s) - not parks, for the duration of your stay. Not sure what Universal charges, at Disney is is about $23 with tax.

Universal's is $18.99(+tax) for the first day, a little less each subsequent day. It's the opposite of Disney's, it is valid at the parks only. I don't know that Universal has a hotel version.
https://www.universalorlando.com/web-store/en/us/add-ons
Thank you for the clarification! I have only stayed at the Hard Rock once and couldn't remember! I thought I had watched a YouTube video not too long ago that mentioned the mugs at the hotels, I must have not paid close enough attention!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest