Is buying the food plan worth it in July heat?

chris1gill

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We have changed our plans, and will be staying at Disney during July.... very hot months!

I was really happy to be able to get the plan, but now I don't know that I want it... afterall, how much do you really eat in the heat?? Ice cream, a couple meals at LeCellier & plenty of something cold to drink....

What do others think?

chris1gill said:
We have changed our plans, and will be staying at Disney during July.... very hot months!

I was really happy to be able to get the plan, but now I don't know that I want it... afterall, how much do you really eat in the heat?? Ice cream, a couple meals at LeCellier & plenty of something cold to drink....

What do others think?

We did the plan in August and thought it was worth it. We had initially paid for it and then they offered it free but even if we did have to pay for it. Some of the reasons why I think it is good in for July or August:

It is good to have at least on sit down meal in AC a day. In that heat it is difficult to go commando.

We ended up sharing CS meals for lunch and used some of the credits for CS meals for breakfast to share. Because we did eat less due to the heat we found the DDP pretty much covered all our meal needs.

Think water for the CS credits. You can't drink to much of the stuff during the summer there.

OK... now for the downside. (Though with the new snacks this may be mitigated a bit).

We found out quick, on our first day, how fast a Mickey Bar melts in August. It became a speed eating contest. Also when at MGM waiting for the parade the kids had some sort of twisted multicolored popsicle type thing. All I can say about that is I was glad it had just rained and we still had our ponchos on. With the wind it was litterly melting so fast that we were getting sprayed by the popsicle. Another of those great parenting moments. "Eat that popsicle faster!" :rotfl2:

Agree comepletely with Pedler! Think we are more excited about the TS in the heat, usually make mid afternoon ressies while the parks are hot and crowded, we emerge refreshed and rested. Also always seems if there is a thunderstorm we are inside eating. (could be that we are usually eating!)

The snacks were great to keep us well hydrated and always takes away sticker shock!

We've made late dinner reservations and will try the CG and the Flying Fish-these take two TS credits. We also plan on sharing some lunches and using CS for breakfasts. It's just my husband and I, so we don't have tired little ones to worry about-although we enjoy our trips, believe it or not, I miss those days and look forward to taking grandchildren one day!

It has taken me many vacations to figure out but Heat and my Family - HELP!!! When I had PS (ADR's now lol) for our meals on our last trip it was HEAVEN to get out of the heat, sit down and relax for an hour or so!!!

I always love to go out to a nice sit down restaurants when Im on vacation. That is just one of my favorite things to do. It is so worth the money to Dh and I. And it is even better when its free.

I was there in September and it was really, really hot last September. Had no problem eating like a pig. All the walking and sweating burns a lot of calories.

Portie

we went last june/july with the DP and it was great. Everywhere we ate was inside so it gave us a change to cool off which was really nice. Also we used most of our snack credits on cold water/soda so that was a help too. (they didn't have nearly as many options as they have now, but you can get all kinds of things like rootbeer floats, ice cream, etc.. as I have read on the boards). We didn't feel uncomfortable eating at all but we mostly only ate with the plan - I think we only ate 2 meals out of pocket.

tricia.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter