Is Art of Marvel really worth 300E more per night than Sequoia Lodge?

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are currently booked at Sequoia Lodge for a one night, two-day visit to Disneyland Paris in the middle of a 10-day trip to Paris
After reading some of the negative comments about the rooms, I went on the site and priced the difference to 300Euros between Art of Marvel and Sequoia Lodge.
We will mainly be in the parks during the day but planning on a mid-day break (for pool time), hopefully both days (I am sure the kids will love swimming after spending a week in the city!)
Is Art of Marvel really worth the 300E difference?
Thanks for your input!

We always stayed at the SQL for our trips to DLP over the last 10 years and we love the SQL but my youngest daughter is a big Marvel fanatic so we had the same discussion the last times.

We deceides to stay at the SQL for this reasons:

1. We are inside the parks for nearly the complete day.
2. The SQL have a great pool if you want to use this.
3. You can go in any Disney hotel for a drink or in a restaurant even if you are not staying there.
4. Use the extra costs for some souvenirs or an upgrade to the Golden Forrest Club (higly recommended)

A trip to DLP became very expensive these days due to the lack of special rates at the moments. So I think you should stay at the SQL and if you want go to the Marvel hotel for some drinks or a dinner do so and catch the feeling.

We did this the past years and will do it again in October.

Greetings from Germany
Thorsten
:thumbsup2

I never think so. But I am a 'I need a place to sleep and shower'-woman when it comes to hotels.

With Marvel you mainly pay for the brand and that it is all new is a bonus.

If you want to make use of the pool it is easier to stay at Marvel because of the pool refurbishment at Sequoia, you can make use of other pools, but it depends on capacity. It is a bit of a risk, but is it a 300 euro a night risk... hard to say.

This is just me.

If the pool is closed, I would probably cough up the extra dollars to get a place with a pool for my kids. For my kids the hotel swimming pool was always the most memorable part of a WDW vacation, even more than the parks.

If it's for quality of lodging, no -- my kids could tent camp, bunk up, handle dated furnishings, no big deal. I would not spend the extra dollars.

Is the Newport Bay pool open during the time? That would probably be less expensive than the new Marvel place. I'd in your shoes look at that. If the pool at Sequoia Lodge is going to be open during your stay, I personally wouldn't change a thing.

I found it really interesting when I read the book, "The Unofficial Guide to WDW" and yes I realize we are talking Orlando not Paris, but for the under six set, their favorite part of a WDW vacation was the hotel swimming pool. This has always been true for my kids, even into their teens I think. They adore the parks, but the pool experience is just as important.

I'm staying at the Sequoia Lodge in September FYI. Don't know if the pool will be open or not then. This time though the youngest in the party will be 28 and while we'd love a pool, it's not a deal breaker for us. If my kids were under 18 though I would pick a place with a nice pool that is open for a treat. We all have different disposable income, budgets, and priorities though.

Very helpful, thanks!
Does anyone know how we can know about the refurbishment schedules - do they write it somewhere like they do in WDW?

Just answered my own question
Looks like it’s a short refurbishment

From Disney’s website:
Please see the schedule of planned closures below:

Disney Newport Bay Club
• Swimming pool will be closed between 17th April - 7th June 2023 and 11th - 15th December 2023.

Disney Davy Crockett Ranch
• Swimming pool will be closed between 29th May - 2nd June 2023 and 20th November - 1st December 2023.

Disney Sequoia Lodge
• Swimming pool will be closed between 12th - 16th June 2023 and 6th - 17th November 2023.

Disney Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel
• Swimming pool will be closed between 19th - 23rd June 2023 and 4th - 8th December 2023.

Please note - these are provisional dates only, some may be subject to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter