Is anyone going to CKC in Manchester, NH?

New England Eeyore

DIS Veteran
I know there are a bunch of New Englanders on this board so I thought maybe someone is going. It's May 19-20 and the registration opens February 8.

I've never done attended anything like this (never even attended a crop!) but I've really been expanding my scrapping boundaries these past few months and I'd like to go to try some new things.

Anyone else thinking about it?

I went last year all by myself and had a great time. I will be taking the Scrapworks classes again if they have them..start saving your money beacause the vender faire is awesome :yay: . There is a table full of eyelets and brads and other goodies of that nature and you buy a cup for $5 for a small or $10 for a large and you get to pick whichever and how many of each item you want. I am bringing my mom this year...I like to go on Friday but I don't stay overnight.

Hope this helps and maybe I'll see you there!!

Marissa :hippie:

I probably won't attend any classes, but I would love to go check out the vendors. Couldn't attend last year as that was the weekend of DH's surgery. I'll plan on putting some lime green on my tote bag or purse if I go. Be on the lookout for me!.......P

Finally, something close to home! Now all I have to do is talk my two Disney nutty friends into coming with me. There is actually one class specifically to create a Mickey book. Fun!

I am so disappointed! I couldn't get to a computer right when registration started, but I was there just a little over 2 hours later. 2 of the classes I really wanted (my top 2 really) were already filled up! I'm sure I'll still like the other ones I chose, but it's still disappointing. :sad2:

keep checking some people might drop out so a spot might open up. I wanted the class "My Son's Hand" but that was "sold out" 14 min after reg opened so I'm thinking that might not have even opened it! I don't know..I got the other two so without the class that sold out I have more time to shop and do the venders make and takes. ALready looking forward to it...I go on Friday and hubby taked the day off to watch the kids for....which is sweet but I pay for it when I get home (messy house/dishes from all day)

Marissa :hippie:

Knowing me, I'll be obsessively checking the schedule everyday to see if spots open.

One of the ones I wanted was 20 Page Memory Album, which is also by Quick Quotes like My Son's Hand. It seems that all the Quick Quotes classes are full so maybe they were never opened to begin with, like you said.

We're going to the Friday and Saturday crops and the Vendor Faire on Saturday -- went last year and really had fun.

Ali

:cool1: I just found out that I can go! I signed up for two Saturday classes, one with BasicGray and one project based class. Fun fun fun!!

What's your project based class?

I'm really excited about this. I'm making a little mini-weekend out of it. My godparents live in Manchester, so I also get to stay with them and visit, in addition to immersing myself in scrapping!

The two classes I've signed up for on Saturday are the 11:10 Basic Gray at its Best and the 12:30 Power Packed Paper Projects. The second one works on a 12x12 and an altered clipboard.

I'll also be shopping before (and after :teeth: ) classes on Saturday. Sounds like there will be a number of us there.

Anyone else want to share the classes they're taking?

I'm taking Power Packed Paper Projects too, except on Friday. :sad2: I liked the idea of the altered clipboard.

My other classes are Junk Up Your Mini Bookz and Me, Myself and I: Tag Mini Album on Friday and Embellishing From the Ground Up, "It's All About You" Ruler Book, and Monogram Mini Album on Saturday.

As you can see, I'm all about the mini-books. Looking at my class list now, I realize I may have gone overboard on that theme, but the single layout-focused ones didn't interest me as much.

I've jsut started experimenting with the mini books and am finding myself more and more in love with them. Unfortunately, all the slots for those classes were filled by the time I got the chance to sign up though. I've very happy about the BasicGray class though. Their papers are absolutely beautiful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter