• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is anyone else disturbed...

my hubby showed it to me and it is really freaky..I think it could cause a kid some serious night terrors.

Yes...it is really creepy. And I find it odd that Univeral is advertising on the DIS boards anyway :confused3 It does look like a great attraction though :thumbsup2

I go to another forum that is similar is style to this one and somebody over there said that certain words trigger what is to be advertised. If you look above the stickies, you will see that there is a dis link for US passes, I believe that is what is triggering the US advertisements.

The other board I go to is sports related so it usually has sports advertisements but if something gets off topic, random things will pop up.

did that make any sense at all? :lmao:

I go to another forum that is similar is style to this one and somebody over there said that certain words trigger what is to be advertised. If you look above the stickies, you will see that there is a dis link for US passes, I believe that is what is triggering the US advertisements.

The other board I go to is sports related so it usually has sports advertisements but if something gets off topic, random things will pop up.

did that make any sense at all? :lmao:

YES...I've noticed before that if we are talking about losing weight then a weight loss product will pop up. Or a cruise ship if you talk about a cruise and other things like that. I thought it was too well timed to be totally random.

I'm such a dork..I am having fun playing around with the different themes/colors now :laughing:

Oh, my, I didn't even realize what the ad was for until I read this :rolleyes1 All I saw was the guy on the right with the white eyes, and that was it, I kept on scrolling I was soooo freaked out. I tried changing my themes, too, but it still keeps popping up.

YES!!! I hate it- it is creepy and I don't like creepy. It's not something I want to see as I'm happily reading the Disboards... :)

AAAAHHHHH, was my first reaction!!!!!!!! :scared1:

My kids don't like it either.

Was everyone really that sceeerred? You would not have survived one second at my house on halloween. Based on the complainin' you would have called the Marines in to shut me down. You all were very lucky we were all at the Fort cause I would have never let up with the razzing on the sceerdy cats. Man, and I thought infants cried...WOW! Come on people, it was a stinkin' advertisement.:sad2: I bet you a dollar for a donut that the kids thought it was cool but it was the parents who were sceeeerrred.

I thought is was pretty cool!
Ive also heard that the Universal Halloween Horror Nights doesnt even allow children!!! Thats GOTTA be pretty good!

Was everyone really that sceeerred? You would not have survived one second at my house on halloween. Based on the complainin' you would have called the Marines in to shut me down. You all were very lucky we were all at the Fort cause I would have never let up with the razzing on the sceerdy cats. Man, and I thought infants cried...WOW! Come on people, it was a stinkin' advertisement.:sad2: I bet you a dollar for a donut that the kids thought it was cool but it was the parents who were sceeeerrred.

Hey, I still have nightmares about the Kracken!!!! My kids laugh at me because when we watch the movie and the scenes come I cover my eyes and scream "cover your eyes, cover your eyes." Ever since then, I can't seem to handle water that you can't see the bottom of.

...by the Universal Horror Show banner that keeps showing up on the top and bottom of the pages?

Completely freaks me out! :eek:

If I could just get firefox to load on this stinking computer, I'd block it. Is there a way to block them on IE?

The banner was awesome mind you I am a huge horror movie freak so things like that I love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter