Is a year and half long enough to plan ~ A Sept 2019 Pre-Trip Report

Following along. I'll be there October 2019 - it seems a very long time away right now, but I do enjoy the planning stage. I really love your idea of a monthly Disney movie night. I think I'll have to come up with a list of my own. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your plans.

:welcome:I don't know why I enjoy planning for Disney so much, but I do. I'm super happy my brother is going on this trip because he likes to talk Disney with me if he is going. Dave and Hope tune me out.

I need to think a movie for our one year mark.

party:Well, I did it! I booked my trip yesterday and I didn't tell anyone. :confused3 I'll see my mom and brother tomorrow to celebrate my dad's birthday so I'm sure we will talk Disney while we are there. I can't tell you how happy my brother is coming on this trip. It will be our first trip together since 2009. I originally wanted him on board to get to experience Disney with my nephews, but now that we are in the planning phase I realized something; my brother is the only person that wants to talk Disney with me. Husband and Hope don't want to talk about something so far away and Mom humors me, but doesn't input much. It's so nice to have someone to talk to that is almost as into it as me. :jumping1:

Hopefully my brother is ready to book his family soon so I can see both of our reservations on my reservation screen. I'm not sure why that makes me so happy but it does. :banana:

I've spent this evening pondering our first meal once we get to Disney. We will probably head to Disney Springs and usually if I have the dining plan my only stop is Wolfgang Puck Express. But now that they've gone and moved the bus stop, I'm looking at other Quick Service locations. I have my eye on Polite Pig right now. I looked at Blaze but those are the kind of prices I want when I'm paying oop. Any suggestions?

I finally booked my hubby and my trip this morning. So it's official. I also started my pre trip report but haven't linked it in my signature yet. I'm so excited to start planning meals and things like that.

I finally booked my hubby and my trip this morning. So it's official. I also started my pre trip report but haven't linked it in my signature yet. I'm so excited to start planning meals and things like that.

:welcome:

I'm not sure why I haven't been on here in months, but I'm back! I was able to get Free Dining but at All Star Sports. I'm hoping something for Pop will come up in the next few days!

:welcome:

I'm not sure why I haven't been on here in months, but I'm back! I was able to get Free Dining but at All Star Sports. I'm hoping something for Pop will come up in the next few days!
Unfortunately free dining wasn't available on my dates at Wilderness Lodge but I was able to upgrade to a courtyard view and still save a few hundred dollars.

Unfortunately free dining wasn't available on my dates at Wilderness Lodge but I was able to upgrade to a courtyard view and still save a few hundred dollars.

I see you started a pre-trip report. I'm following you over there!

So far there is no 'free dining' availability at Pop Century. I've spent the day reading about All Star Sports and watching YouTube videos. Now I'm not sure if I will switch to Pop even if it's available.

I have pros and cons for days, but no clear winner.

We LOVE Pop, but as a TA I should probably stay at a different resort every once in a while.
The Skyway makes me want to stay at Pop, but it may not even be open for our trip.
The larger beds at Pop are nice for my tall husband, but leave less floor space for my dd14 that wants to bring an air mattress instead of sleeping with Grannie.
I like the Pop theme way better. (Not a big sports fan.)
Sports is $100 cheaper. (I'm super cheap.)

At this point Sports is the clear winner, if only because I already have a reservation and can't get one at Pop. I'm just not sure what I will do if given the choice.

Joining along! We’ll be at All Star Sports in September, too! (9/7-9/14)

You’ll love it! We stayed there in September 2014 and had a blast!

Just stumbled upon this PTR. Sound like you have a great trip planned!

We are also planning a September trip. Well, 8/29-9/7. We are staying at POP. DH and I stayed there November 2017 and loved it. Basically we are staying there again this year as I would be really disappointed if we stayed at an All Star and the gondola happened to be open by our dates. Not planning on it, but just in case.

We stayed at All Star Sports last Labor Day week with our boys. It was great! We really loved it! I was concerned because some people are really down on the All Stars, but we had no issues. Great bus service. Longest wait was 15 minutes once, but usually 5 or less. Loved our room! Standard room, but it was only 2 minutes from the bus and pretty much totally silent. Pool was never crowded even though it was super hot when we were there. They would usually throw in some beach balls for people to use, and we never had a problem getting our hands on one. My plan was to pretty much never eat in the food court, but my boys had different ideas, so we ended up having dinner there like 5 times. We were happy with the choices and never had to wait too long to order. Tables were plentiful and that was with part of the food court being renovated. That was at 6PM, though. After the parks closed, at 10 or 11 PM that place was crazy! LOL. Our 15 year old used an air mattress. Plenty of room for it to be placed and not have to ever move it. In POP, an air mattress would have to be kind of wedged partially under a bed and would need to be put away during the day if you want to be able to walk through the room.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great trip!

Hi There! :wave2:

I will also be there the last week in September with my Husband and son. We are celebrating my son's first birthday! Can't wait to follow along and read all about your plans!

Sound like you have a great trip planned!

We are also planning a September trip. Well, 8/29-9/7. We are staying at POP.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a great trip!

:welcome: You just reminded me that I need to dig out the air mattress and make sure it still holds air!

Pop was my first choice, but I'm over it and ready for our September at Pop. If the gondolas open, we will have to hop from Epcot to Studios and use it.

I will also be there the last week in September with my Husband and son. We are celebrating my son's first birthday! Can't wait to follow along and read all about your plans!

Hey, I'm heading over to check out your report! :welcome:

Oh my, did you notice our countdown tickers are almost the same.:flower1:

We are officially staying at All Star Sports! I'm hoping to get a room close to the buses in the Home Run section. It will be nice to stay someplace new. I've stayed at All Star Movies before, so I have a pretty good idea of what AS Sports will be like. :cheer2:

My brother and his family are flying. So now I want to think of a few things to give my nephews for the flight. I'm thinking that the tiny magna doodles will be one thing for the plane. I need to think of a couple other things. :stitch:

I don't plan to make any ADR at Table Service, but will try to get BOG for lunch and pre-park open breakfast. It won't be long before we work out what days we plan to be at each park.:thumbsup2

But what I should really be working on my Disneyland trip. We will be there in May and I've never been. 2019 is looking like my most Disney year ever!:mickeyjum

Glad your brother is able to make it and it's so fun to see Disney through the eyes of children who have never seen it before. Have fun!

Hope you don't mind if I latch on to your PTR... I will be heading to the world a week ahead of you so it will be nice to see other people who are going about the same time as me and what they come up with! So excited for you!

Following along! We have been to WDW the last two septembers, but we are going in August and staying at All Star Music for the first time!

Glad your brother is able to make it and it's so fun to see Disney through the eyes of children who have never seen it before. Have fun!

:dogdance:Me too! I'm really getting excited for this trip and it will be so much fun with the boys.

Hope you don't mind if I latch on to your PTR... I will be heading to the world a week ahead of you so it will be nice to see other people who are going about the same time as me and what they come up with! So excited for you!

:welcome:Of course I don't mind! Where are you staying?

Following along! We have been to WDW the last two septembers, but we are going in August and staying at All Star Music for the first time!

:welcome:I've never been in August. I hear it's great as far as crowd levels go. I think I will walk to All Star Music and check it out on this trip.

I told my brother about my plans to get the boys stuff for the plane. His response "It's like an hour flight, lol" :rolleyes:

So maybe I don't need to come up with things for the flight. His plan is to bring their tablets. So, okay, fine, but I'm still sending snacks. They leave at some crazy early time in the morning...like 6AM. I don't know how early you have to be there these days...an hour before maybe and then there's an hour drive. That puts them leaving home at 4:00 in the morning at the latest. :scared:

Anyone have experience with Magical Express? They should land around 8:45, but I have no idea what time they will get to the resort. I'm guess around 10:00, but that could be way off.

At any rate, my group will arrive via truck the night before. We will hopefully be well rested and ready to chase tiny humans around Disney World. We don't plan to hit any parks just yet. We will hit the pool, go to Disney Springs, go to Mass that evening and hopefully make our way to one of the parks to get Hope a DAS pass. :teacher:

:tinker:Our first park day will be Magic Kingdom. It's a party night and we discussed hopping to Animal Kingdom, but now are considering staying at MK until close and then heading to the Poly to have dinner at Capt Cooks and check out Trader Sams.

Day two will be Epcot. Dave, Hope and I have been to Food and Wine before, but it will be everyone else's first time. Currently we plan to go back to the room in the late afternoon for Hope to take a nap and then going to Hollywood Studios to finish out the night. :smickey:

More days to follow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter