Iron Man Ready training for Dopey 2018

Krandor

DIS Veteran
This will be my second Dopey but the past 6 months or so let myself get a bit out of shape again. Been doing some running in july to build back a bit of a base and as we move into august about to kick into high gear. I'm mostly following a marathon training program but modified a bit to account for dopey (mainly in the second half of it adding some more miles on Saturday and friday then they have). Been doing some of galloway's plan in July and the official marathon plan kicks in around mid-august (20 week plan). Also trying to drop some weight since running in a lot more difficult since I put back on some pounds. Also I'm in GA so heat and humidity has made it really tough out there.

Also to help with motivation, I'm participating in a stepbet game and a runbet game both of which start today (and in a few dietbets since I need to lose some weight too). So I lose money if I done hit my goals.

Stepbet game has goals of 2 days a week do 10k steps and 4 days a week do 8k steps for the next 5 weeks. If I stick to my plan that should be easy.

Runbet game has goals where over the next 6 weeks have to run at least about 2.5 miles (at over 20 min/mile pace) on 26 separate days. Again if stay to my plan should hit this.

So plan for week of 7/31 is
Mon - 3 miles
Tue - 6 miles
Wed - 4 miles
Thu - 6 miles
Fri - 4 miles
Sat - 3 miles
Sun - 9 miles

Should be good for most of it. Pretty sure I won't be running the whole 9 miles at this point but will get 9 miles done in some way shape manner or form.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!