Internet / Ring Doorbell

swimfin

DIS Veteran
Hello!
If I would like to get my Ring doorbell alerts and check the app, will any of the Internet or wifi packages work for that? Cheers!

iMessage and WhatsApp work with the default (free) WiFi service that Disney provides so that you can use the Navigator App. In the past I have also had Teams work but then it did not on a subsequent trip. As I recall I was able to get alerts but not view video with the default WiFi. There is no reason that I can think of why any of the paid packages would not work with the Ring.

iMessage and WhatsApp work with the default (free) WiFi service that Disney provides so that you can use the Navigator App. In the past I have also had Teams work but then it did not on a subsequent trip. As I recall I was able to get alerts but not view video with the default WiFi. There is no reason that I can think of why any of the paid packages would not work with the Ring.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Cheers!

I know the Ring app works with the mid-tier internet package, since that’s what DW gets. We only pay for one device. She disconnects and I connect to check email and recorded videos once a day. I don’t know if it works with the base package, since we never get that one. She gets the Ring alerts as well, since her phone is the one that’s connected continuously. I have alerts turned off except for the doorbell, unless I’m watching for something, even at home. I remember seeing a doorbell ring alert message during our last trip, but TBH I don’t remember if that was while we were onboard the ship or during our WDW week after the cruise.

We just cruised Norwegian a few weeks ago with the internet package and got all our Blink doorbell and camera alerts. It was nice since the almost 20 year old was home holding down the fort. We could see daily that he got out the door and home from work. :)

I know the Ring app works with the mid-tier internet package, since that’s what DW gets. We only pay for one device. She disconnects and I connect to check email and recorded videos once a day. I don’t know if it works with the base package, since we never get that one. She gets the Ring alerts as well, since her phone is the one that’s connected continuously. I have alerts turned off except for the doorbell, unless I’m watching for something, even at home. I remember seeing a doorbell ring alert message during our last trip, but TBH I don’t remember if that was while we were onboard the ship or during our WDW week after the cruise.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter