• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International exchanges

skorpie

Love the magic
We were thinking of using our our points for a trip to St James club in Antigua. Since, I assume, we'd get a villa with a kichen, I assume I'd end up doing the cooking for my family. How do you folks find out where to shop, especially since it'll be in a foreign country? Or do you just go out to the local restaraunts for meals? Doesn't the cost get quite expensive? If we were in the US,I'd be able to manage, but I'm a little nervous taking on this "cooking" resposibility away from "home". Has anyone ever been to Antiqua, or Puerta Vallarta Mexico?Thanks

I believe the Village at St. James is a new resort. There are no rankings or reviews on TUG. All of the units are 2 BR with a kitchen.

It is very expensive to eat in Antigua from what I understand or at least can be.
Restaurants are some of the finest and can be found in all price ranges. Shopping is increasingly better with huge USA style supermarkets. Speaking of shopping -- lots to choose from in the duty-free area and clothing manufactured in the islands abound in many shops.
Is taken from a review of another resort also in St. John's, Antigua.

I'd personally opt for Pueta Vallarta where I'd take either the Krystal, Ocho Cascades, Paradise Village, the Westin Regina or maybe the new Rancho Bandaras. Of these only the Ocho Cascades and PV are II resorts but both are on the DVC exchange list. Ocho Cascades would be my choice for a couple that weren't taking kids and liked to relax. PV would by far be my choice in any other situation using DVC. There are other quality resorts on the DVC list but I think a DVC member would likely be disappointed with anything else. Just because the others I've listed aren't on the DVC list doesn't mean they are off limits, there are other ways to get them you know.

I was just communicating with someone today that owns PV and wanted to trade into DVC. Might be a win/win situation especially since PV is also a points resort and very flexible in unit size, days, time of year and view. If you want the contact, I'll be happy to give it to you as I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Also don't forget other options to include Key West, Aruba, St. John's, and Cancun especially for warm weather locations. How about one of the Royals in Cancun, the Westin on St. John's, Hyatt Sunset Harbour and Galleon in KW and one of several quality places in Aruba.

Join TUG at www.tug2.net for $15 for year one. Tell them I sent you. Good luck and fire away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter