In the spirit of Christmas

JM_97

DIS Veteran
I thought it might be fun with Christmas going on and with how hard this year has been for people to maybe share some memories of any holiday/Christmas cruises. I haven’t been but it’s a cruise bucket list item for me. The videos on YouTube I’ve seen look so fun but was wondering about peoples experience here. Plus there’s never a bad time to day dream about vacation!

I thought it might be fun with Christmas going on and with how hard this year has been for people to maybe share some memories of any holiday/Christmas cruises. I haven’t been but it’s a cruise bucket list item for me. The videos on YouTube I’ve seen look so fun but was wondering about peoples experience here. Plus there’s never a bad time to day dream about vacation!
Couple of pictures from our Wonder Christmas cruise
Tree lighting

Atrium

Was on the Fantasy last year to start December and it was a great trip. It was subdued a little bit for the Christmas theming but still a great trip.

It would be cool if DCL would have had possibly A Christmas Carole with muppets or something as entertainment one night.

Have never been on a Christmas Cruise, but 2 years ago we gave our daughters and their families a Cruise on the Magic over Easter for a Christmas present, we also went with them. All 5 grandkids still talk about it and say it was the BEST vacation they ever had! Priceless memories that will last forever!!

We sailed over Xmas in Dec 2018 on the Fantasy. I took this shot late at night when no one was around:

IMG_6091.jpg

Stowaways on the Gingerbread house as I apparently don't have a great shot of the whole thing without us making weird faces. :rolleyes1

IMG_6110.jpg

I liked these sprinkles so much I bought a container of them off Amazon.
IMG_6129.jpg

Tree that greets you when you dock at Castaway Cay
IMG_7173.jpg

We did a New Year's cruise on the Magic. All the Christmas decorations were still up. Festive mood all week. Atrium and bars packed for the big New Years celebration. Only night we say many people out after 10 pm. But being Disney, by 12:05 am everyone was gone off to bed! Warm but some rain on Castaway Cay, but we were snorkeling so we were already wet. Spent the afternoon riding bikes, As soon as we docked back in Port Canaveral reality set in. Lined up to get off the ship (45 minutes) outside Lumiere’s where the giant Gingerbread house was. Two burly guys with sledge hammers smashing it to crumbs, holidays apparently over!

These are all really great! Thanks for sharing. I took my son and his girlfriend on a 7 night EC Fantasy cruise in December of 2015. It was really great, except that the girlfriend was sleeping really late. I found out later that she couldn't sleep at night because she was scared the ship might sink. No really.

My son and this girl are still together - both 25 - and I hope that they can be married one day when weddings become a normal part of life again.

I loved the gingerbread house on the Fantasy!

I remember the last night of our Christmas cruise (the week before Christmas) and one of the performers (a singer and pianist) seemed both joyful and sad to be on the cruise ship, but away from home. It is a very poignant memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts