• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

in the mood for old fashion southern barbecue

disneydeb

DIS Veteran
i'm in the mood to have old fashion southern barbecue, i'm planning on serving barbecued ribs, chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, corn bread, corn on cob, watermelon and maybe strawberry shortcake, ice tea, did i forget anything? also does anyone have a recipe for a good barbecue sauce, does anyone know how to make pulled pork? and if anyone has any recipes for any of the food mentioned aboved please share, thanks!!!!!!

No recipes,

but my mouth is watering just readin the menu!!!!!! LOL Especially since we're freezing here and expecting rain and snow tomorrow and who knows what else.

Hercamore:)

Years ago My husband and I used to have a huge pulled pork bar b que. We both had our own businesses at the time and it became our yearly picnic. It was truly an event to pull off. We built a cinder block bar-b-que pit. Ordered a pig (no head) from the local meat packing house. Went out in our woods and cut down a young green hickory for making our own charcoal. We started the pig at about 3 am. It would still be cooking when the first of the guests would be arriving.

I just made a search of my old recipe file to see if I still had the recipe for the sauce. I know it's there but I don't remember where. My husband got it from some small local pulled beef place in one of the Carolinas. We would make it by the gallon. I do remember there was a lot of vinegar and tobasco.

We really enjoyed having the party. Several hundred people would show up.

One of the secrets with pulled pork is to serve a vinegar based cole slaw.

As if we didn't have enough to do we would always gather the kids together and make cranked ice cream.

Have a wonderful time, Chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter