In HHI right now; any questions?

Demosthenes

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I am writing a full trip report that I will post upon our return, but I am here now (through Saturday) and thought I'd check to see if anybody was looking for some specific information that I might be able to find out for them. FWIW, DW and I are in love with this place! We are in a 2 bedroom with my mother and our 3-year-old. All of us are having a great time, despite the resort and island being filled to the brim with people.

I don't know if it is too far out.....but could you ask if they have anything special planned for Labor Day weekend? Either at the resort or on the island.
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Last time we went to HHI they ran out of bikes. I am trying to decide if I should wait until we arrive to get bikes from the resort, or order them from another company. We're arriving on Sunday 8/12--does it look like there are plenty of bikes available for your week?

Also, do they have adult bike helmets available for rent?

Thanks for the help

What kind of bike options are there for little kids/toddlers at the resort? Are there any bikes with the "back seat attachment" for little ones, or do they have the pull behind the bike carts? We would love to ride bikes there next year, but have little ones.

One more question for you (actaully a few more questions) if you have the time....how is the state of your room? Is the cleanliness up to Disney standards? Are the furnishings showing wear and tear? By chance do you know if the pull out sleeper sofas are comfortable? We want to bring my parents on our first trip in March and can only get a 2 bedroom which means the children would need the pull out sleeper. If it is the "old" kind with the bar in the back, they would not be too comfie.

THanks!!!

Do they have any Mickey pierced earrings in the gift shop? I lost one from one of my favorite pair.

We'll be down there July 14 and I wanted to buy something new if they have it!

Thanks!

Last time we went to HHI they ran out of bikes. I am trying to decide if I should wait until we arrive to get bikes from the resort, or order them from another company. We're arriving on Sunday 8/12--does it look like there are plenty of bikes available for your week?

Thanks for the help

Can't say about availability, but the helmets and bike locks come with the rental of the bike.... be sure to ask for a basket... those are hard to come by.

I am here too right now! Hi! They are out of bikes the entire week, but i did get signed up for lots of activities. I checked on the bikes on Monday afternoon and they were out at that point, but they did say that one place had them but I would have to go and pick them up. I didn't. The weather was rainy on Sunday and most of monday but yesterday was windy and warm and the waves at the beach were dangerous but really really fun!!!! Better than Typhoon Lagoon!

We had the fireworks last night (Tuesday) but more tonight for the 4th, I hope that they are better than last night. Not bad but once you get used to wishes and illuminations, you get spoiled!

gotta go get ready for the Dolphin cruise, BYE!!

Cleanliness: Room was spotless but a couple of maintenance issues.
Bikes: I would order one ahead of time.
Sleeper sofa: They are the old style, at least in my room.

We went to HH two years ago and loved the island and the resort. It was our first time there. We really enjoyed the pool and the family activities. The cast members were especially nice and the location of the resort was perfect.

The only thing we were a little disappointed in was the condition of the rooms. They looked worn and tired. Very much in need of new bedding, furniture and window treatments. Our doorknobs were all loose, one of the tiles as you walk in wobbled and a curtain was drooping. Not up to Disney standards.

Any sign of refurbishment in your unit?? How does it look??

Have a great time!! I think I'm going to go listen to our Greg Russell CD and see how many points we have available.......I need a HHI fix!!!:)

Thanks for the help

Also, for what it is worth... the lady at the rental station told us that Wednesday was the day most bikes are returned. Not sure why Wednesday. :confused3

I don't know if it is too far out.....but could you ask if they have anything special planned for Labor Day weekend? Either at the resort or on the island.
Thanks!!!!!!!!

I asked this morning and, regrettably, they have nothing on their schedule, at least at the front desk. They did recommend that I speak with the recreation desk at the pool, which I will do this afternoon.

I asked this morning and, regrettably, they have nothing on their schedule, at least at the front desk. They did recommend that I speak with the recreation desk at the pool, which I will do this afternoon.

I really appreciate you asking!!!!! thank you! we are only there from the Friday before Labor Day and leaving Tuesday morning after Labor Day. I think I read alot on these boards about things (shrimp boil, fireworks and campfires, etc) planned on Tuesday and Thursday nights....which of course we will not be there for......so just seeing if they have anything else planned for the days that I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the help

I would recommend renting your bikes in advance. Disney ran out of bikes, as did 3 other locations they referred me to. There was a place we were able to rent bikes called Palmetto Dunes Outfitters.

Thanks for the suggestions and for looking into these questions while you were on vacation. Hope your trip was great!!

What kind of bike options are there for little kids/toddlers at the resort? Are there any bikes with the "back seat attachment" for little ones, or do they have the pull behind the bike carts? We would love to ride bikes there next year, but have little ones.

We rented a toddler trailer that will hold two toddlers side by side. They also had a bike car seat and an attached bike with seat that turned any bike into a "bicycle built for two." Disney rented all of these.

The cost for the trailer was the same as the cost of an adult bike; I didn't check pricing on the other options.

Any sign of refurbishment in your unit?? How does it look??

Our room is in extremely good shape, though it doesn't look like it has been through any kind of recent rehab. I was very impressed with the upkeep of our unit.

I really appreciate you asking!!!!! thank you! we are only there from the Friday before Labor Day and leaving Tuesday morning after Labor Day. I think I read alot on these boards about things (shrimp boil, fireworks and campfires, etc) planned on Tuesday and Thursday nights....which of course we will not be there for......so just seeing if they have anything else planned for the days that I will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

The recreation desk thinks that there will not be fireworks again, but they do say there will be another cookout.

Whooo Hooo! I cannot wait to get there! We are going down next weekend. Hopefully the rooms will be in better shape than last time we were there. Thanks for checking things out for all of us. My kids favorite is the campfire sing along. Ya just can't disappoint with S'mores! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter