I'm Outnumbered! Parenting Alone Through The Panama Canal (EBPC 2017)

Thank you! That was my first animation class. James has never been interested in doing them. I'm hoping to convince him to join me on our next cruise. It was fun.
mine from the parks have never been that good

Joining in! I would love to do a PC cruise some of these days. You travelled on my birthday 10/25!

Jill in CO

Emily went to the Oceaneer Club, while Jimmy and I went to ballroom dancing with Willem and Natalia. Those of you who've read my previous trip reports know that I love Willem's classes. His class is my favorite onboard activity, and one of the main reasons I prefer the longer cruises to the shorter ones. Jimmy was a tad apprehensive. Agreeing to be my partner was easy until he realized he was the only kid in the class.

He relaxed quickly, however, when Willem began teaching. Jimmy says he wishes all teachers were as much fun as Willem and Natalia. We learned the Waltz. Jimmy turned out to be an excellent dance partner. Dare I say he has better rhythm than his father (and me)?

After class, I went for a walk on deck 4. It was a beautiful day at sea.

55.jpg

Soon, it was time to meet back up with the kids. We were going to see Who Framed Roger Rabbit. We couldn't go the movies without first collecting some treats.

Yes, my friends, to Emily broccoli is a treat.

53.jpg

54.jpg

56.jpg

We all enjoyed the movie. It took me back to my childhood.

57.jpg

Tonight was formal night. So, we headed back to our cabin to dress for dinner.

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Joining in! I would love to do a PC cruise some of these days. You travelled on my birthday 10/25!

Jill in CO

Thanks for joining in and happy long-belated birthday! Cruising the canal would be the ultimate birthday present. Something to aim for...

Enjoy your Panama Canal reports!!!

We are just under 13 months until our first one ever, so excited this one has been on my bucket list for a while!!

Thank you for following along. You'll have a wonderful time on your cruise. Glad help you pass the time.

On our way to dinner, we stopped by the atrium to snag a few mocktails at the Officers Welcome Reception. The nonalcoholic option was new to us. It was sweet, peachy, and delicious.

We took our drinks with us to Animator's Palate. Tonight's menu was the standard rotational menu.

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.1.jpg

I started with the butternut squash soup.

63.jpg

I also had the chicken and walnut salad.

65.jpg

For our main course,
all three of us had a double portion of the black truffle pasta purseittes. We love these!

64.jpg

Jimmy also ordered the Pennete Bolognese for us all to sample.

66.jpg

The lighting set an elegant mood in the normally exuberant restaurant.

67.jpg

68.jpg

The "real" captain of the ship stopped by to say "hi."

69.jpg

70.jpg

While we waited for dessert, Emily put the final touches on this evening's artwork.

71.jpg

Emily ordered her go-to dessert - a Mickey bar.

72.jpg

Though I was full, I went a little crazy. I ordered the warm, sticky, date pudding,

73.jpg

the lemon icebox pie,

74.jpg

and the crunchy walnut cake.

75.jpg

I gave Emily the ice cream and took the rest to-go.

76.jpg

Jimmy also went for his go-to dessert - double sundaes.

77.jpg

From dinner, we went to Azure for ballroom dancing. The three of us took turns dancing with one another. Though initially reluctant, the kids had a great time. Emily agreed with Jimmy and I that Willem and Natalia are amazing.

After dance, we made our way to the Walt Disney Theater to see The Filharmonic. They are an all Filipino A cappella group. They were fantastic! I can't recommend them enough.

79.jpg

Wired after leaving the theater, we headed to the D Lounge for the last few minutes of disco dancing.

80.jpg

81.jpg

We stuck around afterward for Wonder Quest.

82.jpg

We won!

83.jpg

84.jpg

The kids were getting tired from our busy day. They headed back to our cabin while I returned to Azure to play Intuition and watch Shawn Farquar's adult show. Shawn is a two-time world champion magician and deserves the title. The man is incredibly talented.

85.jpg

On the way back to the cabin, I stopped by the Promenade Lounge for some snacks - wings and coconut shrimp. The kids loved them, especially the wings.

86.jpg

After updating my notes, it was time for bed. Our first sea day was behind us.

87.jpg

Up Next...A Port Day Onboard

I love reading your reports! I remember when you posted a while back that you decided to do another Panama with the kids. I'm enjoying your report very much. The kids are getting bigger and congrats on conquering your fitness challenge. Careful, you look so young they will start carding you. ;) Love all the food pics too! Thanks for sharing your cruise.
:)

So happy you're writing this report. Doing my first Panama upcoming October. Having my bday while on ship!
But first going on the Fantasy again on Feb 24 (and trying to squeeze in the TA in May but not sure yet)

I love reading your reports! I remember when you posted a while back that you decided to do another Panama with the kids. I'm enjoying your report very much. The kids are getting bigger and congrats on conquering your fitness challenge. Careful, you look so young they will start carding you. ;) Love all the food pics too! Thanks for sharing your cruise.
:)

Thank you! Glad to have you along for the ride.

Careful, you look so young they will start carding you. ;)

LOL! I'd hug the server right then and there. ;)

So happy you're writing this report. Doing my first Panama upcoming October. Having my bday while on ship!
But first going on the Fantasy again on Feb 24 (and trying to squeeze in the TA in May but not sure yet)

A year of incredible cruises, plus a birthday onboard - sounds pretty spectacular to me. I'm jealous ;)

Day 5, Sunday, October 29, 2017, Cabo San Lucas

I woke at 8am. To my utmost surprise, Jimmy was already awake watching shows on his tablet. While waiting for Emily to wake up, I raided the leftover desserts from last night's dinner. I had the lemon icebox pie. It was good, but nothing spectacular. Shortly thereafter, Emily awoke. Soon we were dressed and on our way to Cabana's for a "real" breakfast.

The buffet was plentiful!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

16-jpg.300725

So my 9yo saw the plentiful donuts and asked how many he was allowed to take, (we usually limit sweets as much as we can) I said as many as he could really eat. he was worried that they would run out the first day, his eyes got so big when I said that there was a new giant supply of donuts every day. haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter