I'm Outnumbered! Parenting Alone Through The Panama Canal (EBPC 2017)

Day 13, Monday, November 6, 2017, Sea Day

I woke at 8:30am feeling rested but lazy. I stayed in bed watching TV on my tablet and ate some of the leftover desserts from last night's pirate party. The tarts were to die for! After awhile, Jimmy woke and crawled into bed with me to listen to his audiobook.

1.jpg

Eventually, I needed to be productive. I left the cabin to run errands. While I was out, I snagged Jimmy some pizza. It was already shaping up to be a very hot and humid day outside.

2.jpg

I returned to the cabin briefly then left again to get myself some lunch. I headed for Cabana's. Today they were serving maple glazed duck. This was amazing!

3.jpg

Here is my plate: Gemelli pasta with cheese sauce (yum!), banana-coconut bread pudding (delicious!), the maple-glazed duck (Wow!), French fries, and mushroom risotto (good).

4.jpg

When I returned to the cabin, Emily was still asleep and Jimmy was still nestled in my bed. He'd eaten the pizza I'd brought him and asked me if I would get him some more. So, I headed back up to deck 9. While I waited for fresh pizza to come out of the oven, I visited with the CMs and watched a bit of The Lion King.

5.jpg

While I was upstairs, I slipped back into Cabana's and made up a plate for Emily. Oka was kind enough to give me a tray to carry the food.

6.jpg

By the time I made it back to the cabin, it was nearly 12:30pm and this is what I found. Fortunately, she woke up before her food got cold.

7.jpg

In fact, she woke up ravenous. I ended up making another lunch run.

8.jpg

While the kids finished eating and got ready for the day, I went to The Walt Disney Theater for Ron Clemens' presentation on the making of The Princess and the Frog. I'm glad I went. It was very interesting.

9.jpg

When I returned to the cabin, two of these beauties had been pixie dusted into our FE. Thank you to whomever gave my kids these and all of the pixie dusted gifts we received. Just because your gift may not be pictured in this report doesn't mean that it wasn't appreciated. (It just means my camera wasn't readily available when we received them.) We treasure all of the Pixie Dust and FE gifts we receive. Thank you to the generous souls who choose to add a little extra magic onboard!

11.jpg

Last edited:
It was time for dance class. Today we learned the swing. I love this dance. All three of us got into this lesson. We liked to experiment with different moves.

After class, we stayed in Azure for the Dreams (Aladdin song) dance class hosted by the Walt Disney Theater choreographers. It was a lively good time.

Before we knew it, it was time for dinner. This evening we were in Animator's Palate with the Seasons menu.

10.jpg

14.jpg

I started with the chicken bastela.

15.jpg

Jimmy had the lobster ravioli.

16.jpg

Emily had the seafood sampler.

17.jpg
I also had the iceberg lettuce and baby spinach salad.

18.jpg

Emily had a side of French fries.

19.jpg

For my main course. I had the Chilean Sea Bass. I LOVE sea bass. This was no exception.

20.jpg

Jimmy had the grilled garlic jumbo shrimp.

21.jpg

After yet another stop by our cabin (for sugar), we headed off for evening activities.

35.jpg

Our first stop was the D Lounge for So You Think You Know Your Family.

36.jpg

After the game, the kids and I split up. They went to their clubs, while I went to Azure to play Family Feud...

37.jpg

and watch Kyle Knight and Mistie. These magicians are truly astonishing. I ended up aiding in the same trick I participated in on a previous cruise where several of us held cardboard numbers in envelopes while another audience member randomly chose a phone number out of a thick phone book. I'll tell you, I'm still baffled by how they do it!

38.jpg

After the show, I made my usual run for late-night snacks. Tonight the Promenade Lounge offered wings and mozzarella sticks.

39.jpg

Jimmy was back in the cabin when I arrived. Emily wanted to close down the Oceaneer Club, so he accompanied me to deck 4. After a quick pizza run, that is.

40.jpg

Jimmy listened to his book in a lounger while I walked deck 4 until midnight. We returned to the cabin shortly before Emily. We got ready for bed and watched Big Hero 6 before finally calling it a night.

34.jpg

Up Next...Relaxation After a Restless Night

Day 14, Tuesday, November 7, 2017, Grand Cayman

The night was long and very, VERY noisy! Metal cutting, sawing, and hammering, while we tossed and turned and covered our heads with pillows. Later in the day, our tablemates told us that they'd replaced a porthole on deck 3 during the night. It must have been directly over our heads. Needless to say, I woke at 9:40am like a zombie rising from the dead. Jimmy said that he woke at 8am unable to sleep despite being completely exhausted. Letting Emily sleep, I accompanied Jimmy to Cabana's where he grabbed a bagel and cream cheese. We returned to the cabin and ate breakfast together - him with his bagel, me with my saved peanut butter pie from last night's dinner. The rich goodness brightened my sleepy spirits.

We showered, dressed, and hung out in the room until Emily woke at 11:30am. At this point, we were all hungry again so we headed back up to Cabana's. Jimmy started with cookies and two flavors of ice cream - dulce de leche and butter pecan.

1.jpg

Emily also started with dulce de leche ice cream, but also added some real food.

2.jpg

Like Emily, I went for a full meal. Other than the piece of fish, French Fries, and the peach panna cotta, the rest of my selections came from the "Indian Corner" of the buffet. I don't recall what any of the dishes were called, but I did note that they were really good.

3.jpg

This was our view from our table. What a gorgeous day!

4.jpg

5.jpg

The food was obviously good because I went up for seconds.

6.jpg

For dessert, I joined the kids in having ice cream.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I also had the coconut rice pudding. This was delicious!

10.jpg

I'm so grateful that we didn't have any excursions planned in Grand Cayman today as we had very little energy to expend. Instead, we spent much of our day relaxing. We left Cabana's and went to the Promenade lounge for 3D Chip-n-Dale crafts.

12.jpg

Aren't they cute?

13.jpg

We then went outside to enjoy the heavenly day.

14.jpg

Emily and I walked a few laps, while Jimmy listened to his audiobook.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

It wasn't long before Emily needed to rest.

18.jpg

Once Emily was revitalized, we played a couple games of shuffleboard.

19.jpg

Then it was back to chillin'.

21.jpg

Ahh! This is the life!

20.jpg

Last edited:

All the relaxing made us hungry. I ran up to deck 9 to get us some snacks.

Jimmy had pizza and ice cream.

22.jpg

24.jpg

Emily had an ice cream cone...

23.jpg

and split a chicken tender sandwich with me.

25.jpg

26.jpg

I wanted a bit of dessert so I ran back up to deck 9 to Cove café for some goodies to share with the kids.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Jimmy was bummed when I told him it was too close to dinner for me to mug anymore treats from Cove Café.

30.jpg

I spent the time we had remaining before dinner walking deck 4. It truly was a lovely day.

32.jpg

Time for dessert!

49.jpg

The kids being silly while we waiting for our sweets.

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

Jimmy and Emily both ordered double beignets.

53.jpg

I had the lemon mousse bombe (Amazing!) and...

54.jpg

the white chocolate bread pudding (Fantastic!).

55.jpg

Oka brought us the chocolate gateau for us to try. It was very rich!

56.jpg

57.jpg

Thank you so much for putting together such a great trip report! We are following along just dreaming of all that great food! I just dont know how you have found the time this week to post so much! We are in packing mode!! We hope to thank you in person on Sunday at Port Canaveral! We can't wait! Our first PC cruise! Yippee!!

After dinner, Emily wanted to swim and Jimmy wanted to watch The Mighty Ducks on the Funnel Vision, so we made our way up to deck 9.

59.jpg

Jimmy and I started out on the loungers directly in front of the movie screen. However, it soon began to rain.

60.jpg

So, we sought shelter off to the side at one of the dining tables.

61.jpg

The pool remained open.

62.jpg

64.jpg

What's a movie without a salty snack? I got us a giant plate of French fries to nibble on while we watched.

63.jpg

65.jpg

Near the end of the movie, Emily left the pool and joined us.

66.jpg

Which meant, we needed more snacks.

67.jpg

Thank you so much for putting together such a great trip report! We are following along just dreaming of all that great food! I just dont know how you have found the time this week to post so much! We are in packing mode!! We hope to thank you in person on Sunday at Port Canaveral! We can't wait! Our first PC cruise! Yippee!!

You're welcome! Thank you for following along. This week has been crazy! I think I finished packing last night (fingers crossed). I really wanted to try to finish off this trip report before we left. It's feeding my excitement. I look forward to meeting you in just a couple of days. We're going to have such a great time!

The movie ended. We were going to head back to the cabin when we realized that the Edge was hosting a special time for the tweens on the Twist-n-Spout. Since she was already dressed for it, Emily couldn't pass up the opportunity.

71.jpg

72.jpg

Since we were going to be on deck 9 a while longer. Jimmy opted for some ice cream.

68.jpg

69.jpg

Of course, when Emily returned and realized that Jimmy had ice cream, she had to have some, too.

70.jpg

Her first cone met an untimely demise, so I made her another one. She wanted it as tall as I could make it.

73.jpg

74.jpg

We returned to the cabin. While Emily showered, Jimmy watched TV and I went for a walk on deck 4. I returned to the cabin at 12am and we all got into bed. Hopefully, tonight we'd get a good night's sleep.

58.jpg

Up Next - Play Time While in Port

Day 15, Wednesday, November 8, 2017, Cozumel

The roar of the propellers woke me at 7:45am as we pulled into the port of Cozumel. I laid in bed awhile and ate my last slice of saved peanut butter pie for breakfast. Jimmy woke long enough to crawl into bed with me and fall back asleep. Thinking he was on to something, I snuggled under the blankets and watched TV on my tablet until 10:30am or so when I got up and got ready for the day. When I got out of the shower, this is what I found.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Jimmy woke when Emily and I started talking. The kids asked me to get them some snacks. Ready to get moving for the day, I ventured up to deck 9. This is what I encountered - rain, rain, and more rain.

5.jpg

Emily asked for French Fries

3.jpg

While Jimmy asked for pizza.

4.jpg

I returned to the cabin with the grub. The kids ate and dressed. I then banished them from the room so that I could start packing to go home. (I still get a bit teary-eyed just thinking about it.)

6.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter