I'm going to OKW!

Dancind

Tinkerbell's Mom
Checking into a great 1 BR on 9/2, can't hardly wait! This will be our first trip to our new home, though we are not quite members. We close in a few weeks, and I couldn't wait to try it out, so we rented points. I think I've got the towel thing figured out, and that there's a little coffee, laundry and DW detergent. Not sure about seasonings,etc. Anything I should be thinking about before we go? I'm going to cook a little.

Welcome Home!

Take your favorite seasonings, as there probably won't be any in the villa. Have a great trip!

No seasonings are provided in the units. Most of us that like to use that "stove decoration" bring our own seasonings (they're usually easy to pack). Also, consider bringing a non-stick pan depending on what you're thinking of cooking. The pans provided are simply terrible for anything except boiling water.

You'll get one box of soap for the washer - we've started using those wisk tablets for trips like this - very easy to pack. There's only enough coffee for one initial pot, so bring additional - the pre-packaged filter things (filters with the coffee in them) are very easy - or just purchase the coffee on your grocery store trip.

There should be plenty of DW soap, and housekeeping will replenish that on request. Likewise, housekeeping will replenish TP on request, though they usually do this on trash/towel and cleaning days (though our experience has been that sometimes they miss on trash/towel - a quick phone call gets you plenty though).

Take your own coffee and filters, take laundry detergent and fabric softener -- they just give you a starter pack of detergent. Your own spices including salt and pepper, and PAM (those pans aren't so terrible, you just have to know how to use them ;) ), and whatever special ingredients you may want to take.

I usually take one mini-meal worth of prepared foods in cans in case we arrive late and hungry, after the restaurants have closed and the kids are too tired to go offsite. I often end up reusing leftovers from restaurants in creative ways while I am at the resorts... I take a cup of rice, a small box of couscous, bouillon for flavoring, and a few cloves of garlic. We also take a box of oatmeal -- my autistic son eats that at just about every meal in one form or another. Just a few basics to get us through. :) It is painless to get to the stores.

Have a wonderful time and welcome home!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone has pretty much covered it. After a few trips, you will know what is best for your family to pack. We have found a few thinks we like hard to get in Florida groceries, so we do pack a little food as well, but we always need some suitcase room for those purchases on the way home, so using a little space for some food isn't a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter