I'll Mulino Review

TCARON

Mouseketeer
This was our second time at I'll Mulino for dinner after eating here a few months earlier. The Podcast crew seemed to like it so we gave it a try. While our first visit there was amazing, the second was not.
The meal was under cooked, had no sauce with the veal paramesan or pasta side dish and had too much breading on the veal. Pasta looked like it had been sitting in the kitchen for awhile and was the next reheated.

I spoke to the GM a few days later and reported this to him. While he was very understanding there was no offer to make thinhpgs right except to let him know when we come back.

Oh well, off the list I guess?

Anyone else experience a not so great meal there?
Tom

Had a good meal there Saturday night. We did a family style pasta dish, which was tasty. And my flourless chocolate cake for dessert was amazing.

Sorry you had a lousy experience. Under-cooked food is gross. I would take them up on letting the GM know if you return. They will probably do something extra special for you. As you didn't complain the day you had your bad meal there was probably little he could do for you. Day of they could have comped some of the food.

Il Mulino is, by far, my favorite Italian restaurant on WDW property. My food has been consistently good, the half-portion of pasta contributes to keep the bill at a reasonable price, and it is a venue open later than most other restaurants in the Epcot/DHS area (11pm). However, I have to say that the quality of service has been inconsistent : a couple of times, I was served by more than one server at a time and I felt that no body really care about me; other times, the service was very good.

Had a good meal there Saturday night. We did a family style pasta dish, which was tasty. And my flourless chocolate cake for dessert was amazing.

Sorry you had a lousy experience. Under-cooked food is gross. I would take them up on letting the GM know if you return. They will probably do something extra special for you. As you didn't complain the day you had your bad meal there was probably little he could do for you. Day of they could have comped some of the food.
Agree with this. Always let them know while you’re sitting there. sorry it wasn’t good, normally it is for us!

Our dining expectations have risen to new heights over the years at the World. We've cut out the bummers and always go to the ones that are consistently good. Morimoto, STK, Prime Time are recent additions to Le Cellier, Shula's, California Grill, China, Rose and Crown and a few others.

Bull and Bear, which many rave about, was terrible.

Narcossees and Yatchsman recently fell off our list. When we get a bad meal or experience we give it one more shot so we will try them again.

I would give it another try. My family has been coming there for years, and have never had a bad meal. Be sure to tell the manager when you come again so that he can do something to make it up to you.

Give it another try. All restaurants will have an off night. AP used to be our favorite and most sentimental restaurant (now that it's becoming a character meal, we will avoid the place), and even though we dined there a dozen or more times, we got a particularly off night. We didn't make a scene--not our style--but we did contact the manager later to say that we had been disappointed and noting why. We didn't expect any recompense, and he also said to let him know when we came back. Fast forward six months, and I did email him as he asked. We were treated exceptionally well the night we visited AP which made us not only feel special but that our comments meant something to him. As it turns out, we struck up a lovely relationship with the manager who always treated us well whenever we returned. We didn't get always freebies (nor did we ever ask for them), but he would make it a point to come over to our table, sometimes send out an amuse bouche or glass of bubbly. Almost needless to say, we will miss AP greatly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!