If You Could Only Pick One Of These Restaurants Which Would You Choose?

Which one would you choose?

• California Grill

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Narcoossee's

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • STK Orlando

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • The Boathouse

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters
Definitely cali grill.

We were there last week and ate at California grill x 2 , boathouse and yachtsman.

My dad had steak at all three of these places and declared cali grills the best.

The seafood at cali grill was standout -- we had the lobster roll, tuna 3 ways, crudo, sashimi, whole roasted bronzini-- all were perfection. We enjoyed our meal so much we cancelled narcoossee and went back to cali grill a second time.

With a 7pm reservation we could see the 8pm castle lighting and also the HS Jingle bell jingle jame fireworks. It was truly a special and uniquely Disney experience.

Yachtsman was great and we all really enjoyed our steaks. But it wasn't really something special that you could t get At other high end steak houses.

Boathouse also excellent and one of our better meals. But the cali grill view is unbeatable

We have eaten at everywhere on this list but STK and my choice would be the California Grill with one caveat. Get the reservation either when the sun is going down or during the fireworks. We have done both and the pictures I got of the MK at the sun went down... just incredible and I love the food.

I am all about the planning, are you going straight from the park to dinner, or going back to the room for a chance to relax and spruce up a bit before going back out, and/or will you be going back out to the park after dinner? Something to think about, with Disney being so spread out, you must take into consideration travel time...

Here's my run down... Starting with our new favorite.

The Boathouse - Love the location, and its a really huge restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We have done both on several occasions, and the level of service whether inside or outside was the same... absolutely stellar from all the servers that we have had. Our favorite is dinning outside when the weather is nice, overlooking the cars/boat going by, and enjoy the water and lights, is really enjoyable. As far as the food is has been really wonderful, I love crab cakes... and they have a really nice offering lots of crab and a little filler, perfect....

Next 2 would be a tie for second place...

Narcoossee's and Yachtsman Steakhouse - They both offer great service and food, Narcoossee's is on the water with a view and for us was more of a relaxed feel, and we went from the park to dinner so pretty relaxed....so that is something to consider, while the Yachtsman has a more traditional feel, like date night... While we did not go from the park, directly to dinner there, we did a pool day, and then dressed up a bit not fancy just not park clothing.. which I am glad we did, there were some couples in dress's and even a couple of guys with ties on... DH went with a nice pull over and dressier shorts, for me a simple sundress, and the DD's one wore capris and a top, and other a simple sundress.. I will say make sure to bring something to put on a light sweater... I'm always hot and I was very cool.

So next up

California Grill - this in the past was on our top 5 fav's, DH and I had dinner here for a lot of special occasions, but since the redo its really all but fallen off our radar... the view is amazing and if lucky enough to get a table at the window really nice view and fireworks... The service our last 2 visit was not good, bordering on terrible... and the food while okay was really over priced and the portions on the proteins were very lean and really 2 tiny scallops is not jumbo scallops, and the accompaniments were just terrible, no seasoning and/or favor... Next visit we did not even make it to ordering appetizers, it took our server 15 minutes to greet us, and 20 to 25 minutes for her to bring us a cocktail, which someone else did, we just asked for the bill for the drinks, which the manager brought, and did comp us and try to get us to stay, but by this point we had been there over a hour... so went over to the poly to captain cooks for BBQ sandwiches. We are going to give it another try when some friends come to see Mickey and the gang next year.

and Finally

STK Orlando - From the start the evening was a disaster, as they gave someone else our table, then argued that its wasn't there fault... Then sat us in a door way and it was hot as you know where, It was stifling, and our friends wife was pregnant at the time I thought she was going to pass out, we got drinks and lefts... we got lucky and got in at Morimoto's, they had a large group that did not show up, so there were quite a few tables...oh and Morimoto's is in our top 10.
Thank you for all the reviews! Our plan is to have a pool day then go to eat, after eating we will go to the park. I do not think we would want to go straight from the park to a signature restaurant. I'm sure we would be hot and sweaty.

We have eaten at everywhere on this list but STK and my choice would be the California Grill with one caveat. Get the reservation either when the sun is going down or during the fireworks. We have done both and the pictures I got of the MK at the sun went down... just incredible and I love the food.
If we were to get a reservation so we could be there to see the fireworks what time would you suggest? An hour an half before the fireworks start?

Narcosee’s is by far our favorite restaurant in Disney (with the exception of V&A). It’s always a must and food has ALWAYS be great. However, my 16 year old LOVES California Grill because of the atmosphere. We don’t care for the food at all. But we always go to please her and we’ll have appetizers and dessert.

Completely agree and have been to all of these a number of times! Only place I’ve been lately that’s beats Narcoosees in terms of food is Flying Fish , but atmosphere and water location of Narcoosess can’t be beat esp if you hit it during the MK fireworks. Awesome!

I'd go with California Grill for the atmosphere, with the Boathouse second due to the food. I would not mess with STK based on what I've heard. High prices, bad service, and just a mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!