If You Could Only Pick One Of These Restaurants Which Would You Choose?

Which one would you choose?

• California Grill

Votes: 38 42.7%
  • Narcoossee's

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • STK Orlando

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Yachtsman Steakhouse

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • The Boathouse

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters

maryj11

DIS Veteran
Because of our budget we can only pick one. After looking at the menus I have boiled it down to these 5 - California Grill, Narcoossee's, STK Orlando, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Boathouse.
Help us make a decision on which would be the best.
If you could only pick one of these restaurants to eat at which would you choose and why?

Because of our budget we can only pick one. After looking at the menus I have boiled it down to these 5 - California Grill, Narcoossee's, STK Orlando, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and The Boathouse.
If you could only pick one of these restaurants to eat at which would you choose and why?

Who is in your party? What are their ages? When will you be going?
I love Yachtsman for our adult party

Well to be fair I’ve only eaten at one of the choices but it was such a great experience I would definitely choose it again...Yachtsman
I have seen some of the food picture from there and they look yummy.

I am not a fan of the time and effort it takes to go to Disney Springs just to dine so that eliminates two of your choices.

I have not dined at Narcoosees so I can’t really vouch for it.

I loved the atmosphere, view, service and overall experience at California Grill, but the food, not so much. I did not like what I ordered, but I found the choices that night rather limited for my taste and unappealing.

The Yachtsman OTOH is one of the best places that I’ve ever dined at anywhere. Spectacular food and service. If your group includes steak lovers, I don’t think you can go wrong there. :)

Narcosee’s is by far our favorite restaurant in Disney (with the exception of V&A). It’s always a must and food has ALWAYS be great. However, my 16 year old LOVES California Grill because of the atmosphere. We don’t care for the food at all. But we always go to please her and we’ll have appetizers and dessert.

I have only dined at the Yachtsman (twice) out of those choices. It is the best restaurant, by far, that I have ever eaten at in WDW. Puts Le Cellier to shame.

Have only eaten at Narcoossees and California Grill, so can't compare to the others.
Between those two, California Grill by a wide margin.

California Grill brunch was the best meal I've ever had at Disney at currently one of the few "must-do" meals for us. Haven't had CA Grill dinner. Yachtsman is better than Narcoossee's, and CA Grill brunch better than either by a wide margin. We've only ever had drinks and appetizers at Boathouse and I thought it was just ok.

My husband and I LOVE STK. We have made it our go-to for all of our special occasions. My husband is especially picky with his steaks, but has been very impressed with their Delmonico every time we've eaten there. Personally what makes it my favorite is their sides - specifically the sweet corn pudding and mashed potatoes. While pricey, they're to die for. :love:

I voted for California Grill because it is uniquely Disney and I've enjoyed every meal there.

Narcoossee's is decent, but I find their food rather uninteresting, especially for the price.

I can go to STK at home in Chicago or in Las Vegas and I'm not in the demographic to be wowed by the "steakhouse-with-a live-DJ" concept. I haven't been to Boathouse yet, but I know they will have good steaks and seafood because of being part of Gibson's Restaurant Group (another plug for Chicago!). But from what I've seen, it doesn't seem as special as Cali Grill.

I have to admit, I don't really "get" all the fawning over Yachtsman. I think it is a good steakhouse, comparable to some of the national/regional corporate steakhouses, but certainly not up there with the best of the best (like Wolfgang Puck's CUT, Mastro's, Carnevino) or even as good as the nearby Shula's and Bull & Bear.

Have tried all of them except Boathouse. We had a fantastic meal at STK shortly after it opened (2 years ago?) A potential downside to STK is that there is a DJ who starts spinning around 6 or 6:30pm. It's pretty tame but my understanding is that the music gets ramped up as the night progresses. If that doesn't sound like fun you'd want to book an early dinner. My second choice from the list would be YS.

CA Grill - if you were only going to one Signature and want the true possibility of, "Wow," this is the place. Some folks find the food too 'exotic' & expensive. But the view is second-to-none at Disney, and you can enjoy the fireworks.

Narcoossee's - a New Englandy-style seafood place. We like the food, but it's not 'special'. Fireworks from their dock is marginally 'better' than from CA Grill.

Yachtsman - if Hollywood Studios or Epcot are on your agenda, this is a very good choice. But we prefer the Signatures at nearby Swan & Dolphin (Shula's for steak, BlueZoo for seafood).

STK Orlando & Boathouse - Disney Springs may offer the most 'diversions' for a 16 y.o. - both before and after dinner. STK kinda' turns into a dance club at a certain point with a DJ. Boathouse is the hotspot with menu options that range from quite affordable to caviar.

But if I had to pick just one place - with a 16 y.o. - Boathouse.

I would probably choose CG and do apps and dessert or apps and split an entree. In other words, don't think you have to order every course at these very expensive restaurants.

CG is nice for the fireworks view on the walkway, and the window view during dinner.

We have done most of those. I pick California Grill hands down. My guys however would pick Yahtsman based on food alone.

I am all about the planning, are you going straight from the park to dinner, or going back to the room for a chance to relax and spruce up a bit before going back out, and/or will you be going back out to the park after dinner? Something to think about, with Disney being so spread out, you must take into consideration travel time...

Here's my run down... Starting with our new favorite.

The Boathouse - Love the location, and its a really huge restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. We have done both on several occasions, and the level of service whether inside or outside was the same... absolutely stellar from all the servers that we have had. Our favorite is dinning outside when the weather is nice, overlooking the cars/boat going by, and enjoy the water and lights, is really enjoyable. As far as the food is has been really wonderful, I love crab cakes... and they have a really nice offering lots of crab and a little filler, perfect....

Next 2 would be a tie for second place...

Narcoossee's and Yachtsman Steakhouse - They both offer great service and food, Narcoossee's is on the water with a view and for us was more of a relaxed feel, and we went from the park to dinner so pretty relaxed....so that is something to consider, while the Yachtsman has a more traditional feel, like date night... While we did not go from the park, directly to dinner there, we did a pool day, and then dressed up a bit not fancy just not park clothing.. which I am glad we did, there were some couples in dress's and even a couple of guys with ties on... DH went with a nice pull over and dressier shorts, for me a simple sundress, and the DD's one wore capris and a top, and other a simple sundress.. I will say make sure to bring something to put on a light sweater... I'm always hot and I was very cool.

So next up

California Grill - this in the past was on our top 5 fav's, DH and I had dinner here for a lot of special occasions, but since the redo its really all but fallen off our radar... the view is amazing and if lucky enough to get a table at the window really nice view and fireworks... The service our last 2 visit was not good, bordering on terrible... and the food while okay was really over priced and the portions on the proteins were very lean and really 2 tiny scallops is not jumbo scallops, and the accompaniments were just terrible, no seasoning and/or favor... Next visit we did not even make it to ordering appetizers, it took our server 15 minutes to greet us, and 20 to 25 minutes for her to bring us a cocktail, which someone else did, we just asked for the bill for the drinks, which the manager brought, and did comp us and try to get us to stay, but by this point we had been there over a hour... so went over to the poly to captain cooks for BBQ sandwiches. We are going to give it another try when some friends come to see Mickey and the gang next year.

and Finally

STK Orlando - From the start the evening was a disaster, as they gave someone else our table, then argued that its wasn't there fault... Then sat us in a door way and it was hot as you know where, It was stifling, and our friends wife was pregnant at the time I thought she was going to pass out, we got drinks and lefts... we got lucky and got in at Morimoto's, they had a large group that did not show up, so there were quite a few tables...oh and Morimoto's is in our top 10.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter