If India was in the World Showcase, what would you like to see built?

When would you guess India comes to the World Showcase? 2025, 2030, 2035? :confused3🇮🇳🐯🐅🐍

--->
I would say something like the Asia land in Animal Kingdom with either Taj Mahal or if you wanted a IP attraction: Agrabah.

Food, food and more food. I would like a bazaar street type thing like they have in Morocco. Maybe each section being different regions of the country.

I would prefer India not be added.

Any reason why? I wouldn't say I'm opposed, I'd just prefer to see other countries first (get South America some representation!). I'd want them to make sure to make it significantly different from Asia in AK, too, as some of that design is based on India.

It could have beautiful pink buildings like Jaipur for the restaurants and shops, and then have a lush green area to look like Darjeeling where you could have tea and snacks.

A good Indian restaurant. Sure, there's 'eet at Disney Springs, but I want a real restaurant with a full menu. Also, lots of cultural displays and shops (like Morocco used to have). Educate us on the culture of India.

Any new thoughts?
Just found this thread now, actually. I like a lot of the food and shopping suggestions above, but maybe...

I would prefer India not be added.
I find the caste system to be absolutely horrible, and I wouldn't want it glorified in any way.

The Imagineers would have to be very intentional with the educational components for me to be comfortable.

I can remember my parents went over to India, and my mother was not happy with all the unpleasant smells! And she said that she was disappointed that the Taj Mahal "in real life" had lots of vultures at the top that were "removed" in pictures. Although this was about 40 years ago, so hopefully things have changed. Like so many others here, I'd love to see a sit down Indian restaurant as well as a replica of the Taj Mahal.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest