If i needed/wanted a few points for my trip, what is the best way to acquire them?

Chili327

DIS Veteran
As the title says, not sure if this is ok to ask here or not, but i have a trip coming that i need to book next month, & think it would be nice to be able to upgrade room view for a portion of the trip (not easy to get at 7), so i wouldn't be able to wait for 7month window to use other points of mine. (i believe, i can't use OTUP at 11months)

So I'm just wondering the best way, not asking to rent/buy or whatever from anyone here, just wondering what my options are.?

*mods*
if this should be asked elsewhere feel free to move or edit out whatever isn't allowed.

If you are managing a few smaller contracts I’d definitely try to bank/borrow from each contract to keep them for their 11mo advantage. Rather than waiting to 7mo to use points from another contract.

Borrowing from your next use year is the easiest choice.
Getting additional points for a resort stay between 7 and 11 months in advance would require a transfer from a DVC member with points at that resort. You are correct that One-Time Use Points don't have an assigned resort and therefore can't be used for a resort booking more than 7 months in advance.

Are you not able to borrow from the next use year?
If you are managing a few smaller contracts I’d definitely try to bank/borrow from each contract to keep them for their 11mo advantage. Rather than waiting to 7mo to use points from another contract.
Borrowing from your next use year is the easiest choice.
Getting additional points for a resort stay between 7 and 11 months in advance would require a transfer from a DVC member with points at that resort. You are correct that One-Time Use Points don't have an assigned resort and therefore can't be used for a resort booking more than 7 months in advance.
Thanks all, but yes this is after already borrowing from the next year. Worst case scenario i just have to upgrade to Lake at 7months and waitlist Theme park, just curious what my options might be.

Last edited:

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest