Iceland Meets Thread

Unfortunately the airlines are going to do what is the most profitable for the airlines. They make more use of the plane flying transcontinental at night so afternoon flights unless profitable will be far and few in between.

Unfortunately the airlines are going to do what is the most profitable for the airlines. They make more use of the plane flying transcontinental at night so afternoon flights unless profitable will be far and few in between.
Yes, but Icelandair actually had a lot of them on offer, and were actively booking them, then apparently changed their minds and cancelled them.

Sayhello

Hi Everyone!

Also excited to be traveling on the new Iceland trip. Our family of 5 will be on the July 7th departure. Anyone else?

Also, does anyone know who the guides are?

Hi Everyone!

Also excited to be traveling on the new Iceland trip. Our family of 5 will be on the July 7th departure. Anyone else?

Also, does anyone know who the guides are?
Cool! I assume that's July 7th of this year? :) I'm so looking forward to reports from this trip!

I was told that the Guides for my September trip are Stefan Gunnerson and Alyssa. The Vacationista thought that Stefan was the local Adventure Guide, so he's likely doing most if not all of the trips. I don't know if Alyssa will be doing all the departures, though. If you call ABD, they can tell you who your Guides will be (always subject to change, of course!)

Sayhello

July 21 trip - our guides are Julius (local?) and Drew. I don't know Drew - has anyone here had a Drew?

And happy day, we've had more kids added to our group. When I called a few weeks ago we only had 6, including mine. Now we have 9. I completely forgot to ask the total number for the group.

For anyone looking for rain pants, Columbia Sportswear has good ones on sale right now. We just ordered some for the whole family. Size-wise, they are sized to be a layering piece over other pants, so you do not need to size up, just order your normal pants size (s, m, l, etc.)

For anyone looking for rain pants, Columbia Sportswear has good ones on sale right now. We just ordered some for the whole family. Size-wise, they are sized to be a layering piece over other pants, so you do not need to size up, just order your normal pants size (s, m, l, etc.)
Thanks! Could you post a link or the name of the pants?

Sayhello

Does anyone remember when the first Iceland trip is scheduled to go? The ABD website doesn't list anything earlier than 8/11/18 anymore, and the earliest I saw posted in this thread, I believe, is 7/14/28.

I'm really eager to start hearing reports for this trip!!!

Sayhello

Does anyone remember when the first Iceland trip is scheduled to go? The ABD website doesn't list anything earlier than 8/11/18 anymore, and the earliest I saw posted in this thread, I believe, is 7/14/28.

I'm really eager to start hearing reports for this trip!!!

Sayhello

For those who are pants shopping, I wanted to recommend Kuhl brand. DH has worn them for years as travel pants but I just got my first pair today. Pleasantly surprised at how flattering they are! And super comfy, I can see why he liked them.

There are quite a few styles so I won’t post links. You can get at REI or other outdoor stores, and Zappos often carries some too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter