• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I wonder if this could get Disney to send you a code?

tlbwriter

Does this look infected?
Obviously Disney has little incentive to send PIN codes to frequent travellers - they know you're coming anyway. ;) I signed up for info on their website last year, but when I went to the park, the reservations were made under someone else's name, and they didn't have a record of me being a guest there. And I received a PIN for this spring/summer (which I couldn't use). So, what if you could become a "new visitor?" Sign up for info on the Disney website under a spouse's name, maybe under a variation of your address if possible (for example, if your street is a number, you could use either 1st or First), and see what happens!

I tried it with my husband's name (I usually book our vacations), and a different e-mail address.

No such luck...

We haven't received a postcard since 2000.

I'm going a totally different approach at this. I have nation-wide calling so I'm calling everyday and trying to sweet talk my way into a free dining meal. I hope to bug them enough for them to finally give it to me. I did find out that there will be 3 or 4 more email/postcard mailings to go out before Thanksgiving. I was told that there was a good possibility that I would get one according to my email and zip code. However, they were probably just saying that to get me off the phone, but we'll see. It never hurts to ask, does it? :confused3

I signed my mom up for everything. All she gets is advertisements while I was the one who got the pin code. The last 3 pin codes I recieved were for times I couldn't use. Maybe next year I'll put in a reservation for a date that I don't really plan on going so I'll get a pin code for the time I really want to go. I think I'm beginning to loose my mind here. :crazy:

I was so excited yesterday when I checked the mail and there was a huge postcard from Disney--but soon my enthusiasm deflated, when I saw it was just an advertisement for DVC (it did offer a free visit if we purchased though, but too steep for us).

The thing that caught my eye is that they sent it to my 9 year old son :rotfl: He was interested, lol, but I don't think his pennies would get him too close to the $14,000+ starting point. Anyway, they had the "Mstr" and then his name exactly as they had it on his room key and our reservation information---we never put his name on anything else such as the website registration or anything, so I am guessing Disney picks totally random :confused3 I am a bit confused, because if they were going to send an offer, I would assume it would be to someone they saw could potentially afford it, not a 9 year old living from tooth fairy visit to tooth fairy visit :teeth: cashing in on his pearly whites.

This has me puzzled as to how they decide who to send offers out to, and wondering...what if by chance we do get a postcard w/ a pin that comes in DS(9)'s name? I wonder if we could use it? Yeah, I know, I'm really putting the cart before the horse, but I guess it's a good sign that Disney had us in mind for *something* and perhaps bodes well for a code someday? (wishful thinking, I know, lol)

I just went to book my first vacation- when they asked if I had been before I told them not in nearly 13 years. Once we had everything squared away, he asked who mitch was (my dad) and confirmed our address and that we had been there in 1992 (when I was 8).

Since 1992 we had moved (they had the new address) and I was the one making the reservation this time... So I doubt this would work. I tried to tell them I had never been before but apparently 1992 counts as being there :rotfl2:

We got the spring code this year, couldn't use it. We went last spring for 20 days, so they do send codes to recent guests. We get a lot of DVC offers, not really sure why, except we did ask for more information after we saw the DVC DVD.
I Just signed up DH with his work address. Might work but I doubt it. I'll try anything for a discount though. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter