I Wonder if Disney Will Get Mad if We Disassemble the Furniture. Sept/Oct 2024 TR! (Updated 10/25x2!)

VAtink

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone! Welcome to my latest trip report!

For those of you hopping over from my last trip report, thank you for continuing with the fun! And for everyone joining in for the first time, I’m so happy you’re following along! Hope you all enjoy this!

This was our yearly Food and Wine trip, although this year we didn’t really do a ton of F&W stuff. We didn’t skip out on purpose, we had plans to eat so much of the food, but we had a lot of plans changing on the fly this trip, so F&W kinda got pushed aside, but we’ll get into all of that in a bit.

Now, per usual, my travel buddy this trip was my mom!

We have so much fun traveling together, we both love Disney, and we both love F&W. We usually travel the last week of September since she still teaches so has to go when she gets days off, but this year the holidays fell a bit later so we went a tad later than normal, from September 27th through October 6th.

Continuing with the introductions, there’s only one other person, me! Hi, I’m Debbie!

I will be your narrator extraordinaire (hopefully) for this trip report. I was lucky to grow up going to Disney with my family, and fell absolutely in love with it, especially during the mid-90s trips once I was a bit older and really started to appreciate all the little details and just how magical Disney could be.

For this trip we somehow didn’t learn our lesson from the December trip, and ended up doing yet another triple split stay (well at least I did). I seriously must have lost my mind, so much packing and unpacking, and my luggage/packing was already a disaster going into the trip due to a bit of an ailment in the weeks leading up, but again, we’ll get into those details in a bit.

I ended up flying down a day earlier than my mom. They got rid of the early flight out from here, and I hate missing half a day due to a later flight, so I opted to fly down a day early and got a pretty sweet discount at BWV (thanks shiny new AP!), so it worked out well. Then, since we were staying club level on the day my mom arrived, she was able to get a Minnie Van to pick her up from the airport to make her arrival nice and easy. But once again, I’m getting ahead of myself here!

Alright, I think it’s time to get on with the show before I spoil the whole trip report! ::yes::

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. You timed it pretty perfectly with Hurricane Milton on its way. Glad you're safely home. I will be checking in on my breaks in between hurricane prep (I'm on the east coast of FL but as of now the center looks to be passing right over us) and hearing about your trip will be a welcome distraction. :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. You timed it pretty perfectly with Hurricane Milton on its way. Glad you're safely home. I will be checking in on my breaks in between hurricane prep (I'm on the east coast of FL but as of now the center looks to be passing right over us) and hearing about your trip will be a welcome distraction. :goodvibes
:welcome: So happy you're joining in!

We've been watching the weather closely the last few days, was really hoping this new system wouldn't develop. I'm sorry it's looking to impact you, fingers crossed the path changes!

I will post a bunch of updates in the next few days to hopefully help distract you for a bit!

Excellent! I look forward to all the details and pics! Also glad it seems you are doing better health wise.

This was our yearly Food and Wine trip, although this year we didn’t really do a ton of F&W stuff.
I can't wait to hear all about your trip. We would have been there during your trip if we hadn't cancelled ours. It will be the first time we haven't gone to F&W in a very long time.

Joining in for all the fun!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. We would have been there during your trip if we hadn't cancelled ours. It will be the first time we haven't gone to F&W in a very long time.
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip, it would have been fun to meet up if you had been there. Maybe one of these years!

Popping over from your last TR. looking forward to reading more. Hope you are feeling better and have figured out what is wrong. I had my gallbladder removed several years ago and it took months to figure out ( hoping your diagnosis doesn’t take that long )

Fellow Penn Stater here! Came over from your other report. Love reading about your adventures with your mom!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest