I Wonder if Disney Will Get Mad if We Disassemble the Furniture. Sept/Oct 2024 TR! (Updated 10/20!)

Loving the food reviews! Do you recall the name of the wine you enjoyed?

Day 1, Part 4: More Food and Wine!

After my little shopping trip, I decided to make my way around WS to check out the other food booths and really just enjoy the atmosphere. It was shockingly not too packed being a Friday evening, which was a welcome surprise!

Before heading that way though I swung by Flavors from Fire to get the wine (zin I think) to enjoy while I strolled.

I made my way around WS, checking out the food booths as I went, but nothing really stood out to me.

Finally, in America, I decided to stop to try something I’ve been meaning to try for years! The Moonshine Sour! Yes, I was throwing caution to the wind and getting a full size drink!

There was a pretty long line for the bar there, but it moved quickly. I got my drink and a cup of ice water since, ooph, was it hot!

Drinks in hand, I made my way to an open picnic table to enjoy and to call my mom and let her know that my stomach was holding up so far, and to tell her all about the food I tried.

Shortly after sitting, the eat to the beat concert started, so I decided to hang out there enjoying the drink and the music.

By the time the concert ended I was getting pretty tired and overly hot, so I decided to head out.

On the way out I swung by the store at the IG to pick up the Remy map, the Pluto’s pumpkin pursuit map, and the prizes for both.

Before making my way to the room I swung by the store at the BW and picked up some spray sunblock, and an Abracadabar shirt. Not the shirt I’ve had my eye on since last year since that seems to be gone, but a 3/4 sleeve one that is almost as cute.

Once I got back to the room, I decided I could use a swim to cool off, so I changed into my bathing suit and headed the short walk to the pool (seriously from my room it took less than a minute to get to the pool).

I had a nice swim, and spent about an hour out there just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere.

After a while I started to get hungry, but I was also exhausted from the lack of sleep so didn’t really feel like heading back to Epcot. Instead, I opted to pick up some food at the pool bar to bring back to my room. I ended up getting the turkey sandwich, which was really good, but not as good as the one from the YC. I also picked up a water bottle for my mom.

Goodies in hand I made my way back to my room where I decided to eat out on my patio since it was finally starting to cool off and it was gorgeous outside.

The sunset this night was beautiful!

Also, am I losing it, or are these wood knots hidden Mickeys?

Once I wrapped up with my dinner, I headed in to take a shower, then spent more time organizing my luggage while watching some football.

I will note, by about 9:30 that night I was SO over hearing the bass from the pool music, I kinda wish they turned it off or at least down a bit earlier, but I know 10 is perfectly reasonable. Just when I’m tired I really like quiet. ::yes::

Next up: How to Confuse a Minnie Van Driver

Last edited:
Shortly after sitting, the eat to the beat concert started, so I decided to hang out there enjoying the drink and the music.
We've heard some really good bands at those concerts. It's nice that there is seating just outside the pavilion.
Goodies in hand I made my way back to my room where I decided to eat out on my patio since it was finally starting to cool off and it was gorgeous outside.
The sky is gorgeous. :)
Also, am I losing it, or are these wood knots hidden Mickeys?
Each plank is identical so I'm guessing that those are hidden Mickeys. :)
I will note, by about 9:30 that night I was SO over hearing the bass from the pool music, I kinda wish they turned it off or at least down a bit earlier, but I know 10 is perfectly reasonable. Just when I’m tired I really like quiet.
10pm is much too late for loud pool music. I've heard that every resort makes its own decision about things like that. WL used to have really loud pool music but finally toned it down. Maybe enough complaints will get them to lower the volume.

Never heard of the Pluto’s pumpkin pursuit. Wonder when it starts each year. And HOORAY, you got to eat regular food with no problems.

Sounds like a lovely day (minus the beat of the bass at the pool). And I’m so glad to hear your tummy is cooperating. I just love those maps and hunts but I never thought to get the prize at the start, very clever!

We've heard some really good bands at those concerts. It's nice that there is seating just outside the pavilion.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of the artist who was there that evening, but it was nice to have the live music while enjoying my drink!
The sky is gorgeous. :)
It was such a beautiful sunset this evening! I loved sitting out on the patio enjoying it.
Each plank is identical so I'm guessing that those are hidden Mickeys. :)
Oh good point! I bet they are!
10pm is much too late for loud pool music. I've heard that every resort makes its own decision about things like that. WL used to have really loud pool music but finally toned it down. Maybe enough complaints will get them to lower the volume.
I'm glad it finally turned off at 10, where I live there is no restriction until 11, so I guess I figured 10 is fine. But yeah, it was annoyingly loud, I wish they turned the bass down a bit!

Never heard of the Pluto’s pumpkin pursuit. Wonder when it starts each year. And HOORAY, you got to eat regular food with no problems.
Pluto's pumpkin pursuit is only offered for like a month, usually starts the very end of September and goes through October. Typically it's not offered when we're there, but since our trip was a bit later this year we got to do it! It's pretty much the same as the Remy one, only with pumpkins painted to look like characters.

And yes, I was so happy I could eat and didn't have any issues!

Sounds like a lovely day (minus the beat of the bass at the pool). And I’m so glad to hear your tummy is cooperating. I just love those maps and hunts but I never thought to get the prize at the start, very clever!
It was a great start to the trip! And I was thrilled my stomach was finally doing better!

We like to pick up the prizes when we get the maps, we've found too many times that if we pick them up later the patterns we wanted are gone.

Day 2, Part 1: How to Confuse a Minnie Van Driver

I woke up this morning at 4AM and could not fall back asleep for a long time. I don’t know why I’m so bad at sleeping, but it is rather annoying. I did end up falling back asleep around 7, but then my alarm went off at 7:30.

Oh well, I guess I was just so excited for my mom to finally get there!

So as mentioned earlier, my mom was getting picked up by a Minnie Van at the airport this morning. We figured this would be the easiest way to get her to the hotel since she doesn’t do Uber/Lyft.

The previous day I had gotten a call from Disney to confirm the details for the Minnie Van, and they told me where they would be meeting my mom, to which I replied that I knew exactly where that was since I was just there. This led to some confusion since they were like “wait, you’re already at the airport?!?” but I clarified that I flew in early, but the Minnie Van was for my mom flying in the next day.

Well, even though I explained that, it seems some wires still got crossed, but we’ll get to that in a minute.

I got ready for the day before heading out of the room at 8:30. This morning I was moving over to the Contemporary where I would be meeting my mom!

I took some final pictures of the room.

I called for an Uber and got one pretty quickly. On the way over I was tracking my mom’s flight, which landed just before 9, only minutes before I arrived at the Contemporary.

Once I arrived, I headed to the front desk to check-in. The CM doing the check-in was nice enough, but throughout the process didn’t make a single mention of me staying club level. So after he completed the check-in, I asked if I could go up to the lounge, to which he simply replied, “of course.”

But I suspected that my magicband wouldn’t work to get me up to the club level floor at that point, so I asked about it, and he replied “yeah, it probably won’t.”

Um….

No offer to bring me up, no offer to get the magicband activated so I could go up. Like what!??!

So I asked if he could help me with that, and it was at that point I think it clicked, and he was like “oh yeah, I can do that for you!”

Thanks dude. :rolleyes2

He did mention that he doesn’t normally work at the Contemporary nor the front desk, so he was kind of lost.

He got my magicband activated and told me I had to drop my bags off at bell services first before heading up. So I went over to bell services where they told me I had to go use the stand outside since the inside bell services didn’t handle bags (?!?!?)

Seriously, this check-in process was becoming increasingly frustrating.

I made my way outside and finally got my bags checked in, then made my way back inside and over to the elevators where I scanned in and was whisked away up to club level, finally!

Once up at club level things went much more smoothly.

It was still breakfast time at that point, so one of the CMs up there showed me around the lounge and pointed out all the food offerings before letting me loose to grab breakfast!

I LOVED the self-pour mimosas there, although I found the glasses didn’t fit under the dispensers for the POG or OJ, but I realized that the Styrofoam cups were perfect to fill up with the juice, and then you could create a nice spout by simply bending the cup slightly to pour into the champagne flutes.

For breakfast I got some cheesy eggs, a fruit cup, bacon, coffee, POG juice, and of course a POGmosa. The lounge was packed, so I didn’t get any pictures this morning, sorry! Well, I did get one picture of a very fogged up window of the view from my table in the lounge!

While eating my first round of food I got a panicked call from my mom. She was at the location the Minnie Van CM said they would meet her, but there was no driver there for her!

Fortunately, they had sent me the phone number of the driver, so I quickly texted him to find out where he was while trying to calm my mom down since she was in full on panic mode at that point.

Instead of texting back, the driver ended up calling me, so I put my mom on hold to speak with him.

It turns out my conversation with the CM the previous day had confused them greatly. They had noted that we were already in Orlando and just wanted to meet them at the airport. So the driver thought we’d be on the departures level since he was told we were coming into the airport from wherever we were in Orlando to meet them there. Oops!

So I explained to him that no, my mom just landed and was waiting at the top of the escalators like we had been told.

He was super nice and sooooo apologetic, which wasn’t needed, it was an honest mistake and it’s mostly our fault for confusing them!

I got back on the phone with my mom and let her know that he was on his way to her and told her not to move.

Fortunately, he found her soon after, and the good news is all this took up just enough time for my mom’s checked bag to come out!

They were finally on their way to the Contemporary, and it looked like they would be arriving a bit after 10.

A bit before my mom was supposed to arrive, I inquired about the mosaic class at the CL desk, but they told me I had to sign up downstairs out by the pool, so I headed out that way to do that.

The mosaic place wasn’t open yet when I got down there, even though it was past 10 and they were supposed to open at 10, but no big deal, my mom would be there soon so I wanted to meet her our front.

I made my way to the front and waited a few minutes until I saw her Minnie Van pulling in! Well sort of. Earlier that morning they had emailed me with the Minnie Van number, and the one that pulled in was a different number, but I swore I recognized my moms hair in the backseat, so I cautiously made my way over to the vehicle to find that it was in fact my mom! Apparently, they changed the drivers car that morning and didn’t update us. Oops!

I was so happy my mom was finally there!!!

Since breakfast would be ending at 10:30, we rushed her upstairs after checking her bags at bell services so she could grab a bite to eat as well before the service ended.

It was a bit of a hectic start to the trip, but we were so excited to finally get the trip really started!

Oh, and you know you’re tired when you get into the elevator and can’t figure out how to get to the 12th floor since there is no button for it…

Seriously, we just stood there for what felt like 30 seconds before we realized the 2 had just worn off. :rotfl2:I really needed more sleep!

Next up: I Doubt It’s Going to Rain Today…

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in with a quick RL update! I got my Halloween decorations up, I've started to make a HM graveyard in my front yard. So far I only have one headstone, but every year I plan to add more. Here is what we're currently working with.

Here it is with normal lighting:
PXL_20241012_232049504.MP.jpg

And here it is with the night camera on my phone:
PXL_20241012_232053959.NIGHT.jpg

I'm loving the blue roses, and can't wait to get more to fill my yard!

Also, for all the other PSU fans out there...WE ARE!!!!!!! What a game today!

Hi! Jumping in from your last TR! This is the first time in years I haven’t made it to F&W so I am living vicariously through you and your mom! Can’t wait to read more!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest