I wish ABD would go to ...

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by calypso726, Oct 23, 2016.

1. acndis

acndis Mouseketeer

That was me. I think the main objection was showing Disney movies on the bus instead of destination specific documentaries and they were not thrilled with the more kid focused games/activities. There were only 3 juniors on the trip (my son was one) and these kids loved each other so this was not a big deal to cut this out. The kids did not really miss it but there are no other real Disney aspects of the trip (except the pins).

I do think it is fine for anyone to express their concerns during a trip and like I said, it was a great group of folks. I enjoyed everyone but there was not the kind of group bonding (aside from the kids) that we’ve had on other adventures. I think that was just due to different expectations. By the time we got to the Gold Coast, most weren’t particating in the planned activities which is fine and anyone’s choice but it did detract from one of the main reasons we do the trips and that is to meet other people. This trip has caused me to rethink our future plans. The group dynamic is so important! Again, this was a great group. It was just very different from previous groups and that may be the nature of going to Australia. It is so accessible and there is so much to do that it’s hard for the group to bond.

Our guides were two of the best and they were amazing! The logistics on this trip are a beast. Still loved the trip but may try some other destinations on our own in the future.

As for Japan, of course, it could end up a Disney bus driver rumor but it sounded pretty solid! We will see.

2. BluesTraveler

BluesTraveler Mouseketeer

Thanks for the follow up comment! That definitely falls in the "wouldn't bother us" category for me. But I definitely respect that people have different travel styles and preferences.

I think our Wyoming trip will be hard to top for group dynamic - not only did kids bond with kids and adults with adults, but we (and other folks) really enjoyed other people's kids and were joking about stealing other people's kids at the end of the trip.

sayhello and acndis like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. sweetpeama

sweetpeama DIS Veteran

Ones I would like to see just because I would love to share my part of the world with all my Dis Friends

Crow Country including areas that are no longer part of the current area
    Black Hills beyond Rushmore. I have done over a dozen trips here and still haven't seen or done everything.
    Nez Pierce Trail
    Battlefields and Massacure sites of the Indian Wars in Eastern MT and the Dakota's.

sayhello and acndis like this.
  5. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

ABD definitely needs more North American itineraries!!

Sayhello

Ava likes this.
  6. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

I'd love a riverboat/New Orleans adventure... :sunny:

7. mamajab

mamajab Earning My Ears

That sounds like fun!

8. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

OhanaCuz, hilarys, laceltris3 and 4 others like this.
  9. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

Welp... seems that secret is pretty much out of the bag. :surfweb:

CaliKris and sayhello like this.
  10. Bobo912

Bobo912 DIS Veteran

I thought I remembered a discussion about Japanese occurring before and I found this thread from 2015: https://www.disboards.com/threads/want-to-be-an-adventure-guide.3168258/#post-49488163
    So listing Japanese as a desired language isn't a new addition. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't adding Japan next year - maybe just that they've been considering it for awhile. This could be the year.

sayhello likes this.
  11. tgeorge

tgeorge DIS Veteran

If they don’t announce it this year, I think we’ll all be very disappointed. Waiting is the hardest part