I *think* I made DH a lifelong Disney Fan! A June 2017 TR (the end 7/19)

I'd be interested to go to Via Napoli just to try the pizza. Maybe someday! Sounds good to me.
it is definitely worth the trip!

We just had a whole conversation about this! We ended up ranking the princesses from the lamest :cough: :cough: Snow White to the coolest! Morgan being my kid made sheets and made the whole family fill out there rankings and we crowned a winner!
Love this! So I am now curious...who was the winner?

I really like Via Napoli! I have it as one of the few reservations for our trip in a couple weeks. I am thinking we can share a big pizza for the whole family?
I've heard they have a big pizza (maybe called the metro) that people share. But I'm sure you can share the others as well.

I was wondering if you liked it! I liked it more than Andy did. I think since he is a hard core fan, he was more critical.
There are definite parts I could critique though overall I really liked it. But boy, I have seen some major hate for it! Lots of love too though.

What is this Harvey's bags you speak of?!?!
Harvey's seatbelt bags! You might can tell from the photo but the material is similar to seat belt material! Google it! They have regular bags but they also have Disney ones, as well.

I like the movie, mostly because it isn't a traditional prince saves princess movie (though I like those, too). My boys don't really have too much interest though they watch occasionally if its on the TV. I may have mentioned that I do like the trend Disney has been on lately with the female heroines.

I like Frozen, too! I don't think it necessarily deserves the crazy hype it got over other movies, but I thought it was great. It's a really interesting story, and I liked how the focus was on the sisters being able to come up with their own solutions and not needing to be saved by a prince. And Anna is adorable, and Elsa is fierce. It was on tv over Christmas and Nathan watched it for the first time since it had first come out, and he was surprised to remember how much he actually liked it.

I got the Quattro Formaggi (individual) - white pizza: mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, provolone - and it was excellent! Great pizza. I even took some with me to go but for some reason, I ended up having to throw it out. I may have forgotten it in the car or something.

Yummy!

shirts-jpg.295390

Ooh I like all your new swag, especially the Aurora shirt. :)

Yay! This year is a short trip so not too many plans but still excited to get there! Unfortunately we leave the 7th. :(

Oh booooo!

Rossini - strawberry puree, prosecco sparkling wine. I hate to say it, but this was just meh. I should have went with something else and I had other things marked to try so I'm not really sure what happened.

Awww, that's too bad, it looks so pretty and yummy.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit though I like The Force Awakens more.

I am definitely just a casual Star Wars fan, but I really liked the movie. I haven't seen The Force Awakens since right after it came out, not even sure how much I specifically remember about it. Obviously, I am not a hardcore fan. :o

We just had a whole conversation about this! We ended up ranking the princesses from the lamest :cough: :cough: Snow White to the coolest! Morgan being my kid made sheets and made the whole family fill out there rankings and we crowned a winner!

Yes, inquiring minds want to know who your family crowned as the winner!

Finally caught back up! I am enjoying living vicariously through all of the drinks as well as getting a crash course in which ones I should try vs. pass. That one at Via Napoli looked so good! Decent chance I would have gone for it had I spotted it on the menu. How did your kids like Sanaa? We are thinking of trying it in July, but Cora is quite the picky eater.

I love all of your Disney swag, especially the WDW shirt and Villains purse. I may or may not carry a Villains bag myself...

I agree with Renee and Erin - tell us the winner! 8-)

So last I left you, we were fairly waterlogged. I think it slacked up enough for us to head out, so off to Norway we went. In 2016, Frozen opened a few days after we left, I think, so of course, we missed it. Wasn't really a huge deal. I like the movie, mostly because it isn't a traditional prince saves princess movie (though I like those, too). My boys don't really have too much interest though they watch occasionally if its on the TV. I may have mentioned that I do like the trend Disney has been on lately with the female heroines.

I'm really enjoying the current trend of Disney movies too, but I still love the ones from the 90s too. We thought the Frozen ride was cute, but not something we have to do every trip.

I really want to say that I took the boys down to the pool myself, though that sounds really crazy to me right now. I think they were begging and it was just easier to do that than to entertain them in the room. I'm sure we stayed in the Splash Pad area and I didn't have any pool drinks because I couldn't go get them and I was by myself.

You're a brave soul, but I would agree this was better than entertaining them in the room.

He really enjoyed his meal as well and claims Via Napoli one of his favorites of the trip.

We went here in May, just DH and I. I thought it was ok. I think I would have liked it better but I didn't make a good choice for my meal.

Love all your shirts and ears. We're working on making shirts for next month. I'm waiting for the rest of my decals for my magic bands to come in.

Love this! So I am now curious...who was the winner?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know who your family crowned as the winner!

I agree with Renee and Erin - tell us the winner! 8-)

Ha! So, I didn't think it would be that interesting! So, DH and I ranked similar to each other and the girls had different opinions...

Anna won out. I think Anna's spunk and determination to help Elsa won out.

Andy and I picked Belle as the best, Morgan picked Moana as her best. Gwen picked Jasmine and my sister in law choose Moana as well.

Sorry to hear Frozen was a flop, but hey, one less stop in the future!

You’re a very loving girl and supportive wife with the cigars. I don’t knwow abt I’d do if Guido picked that habit up now that he’s quit cigarettes. We don’t have a room for him here, lol!

Via Napoli is a spot I’ve always wanted to try, but we are never in Epcot; haven’t been since 2011. That white pizza sounds goooood!

Your new stuff is so cute, LOVE your tank tops!

I ended up with a Blood Orange and a Guava.
I've heard good things about the Blood Orange. It's not something that I'd normally get but I kind of want to try it since many people sayit's so good! I can't remember, have you tried the Avocado?

Rossini - strawberry puree, prosecco sparkling wine. I hate to say it, but this was just meh. I should have went with something else and I had other things marked to try so I'm not really sure what happened.
Hmm, see that sounds like something I'd order and enjoy, and we're going to VN in March so good to know you didn't really enjoy it. I'll order something else :thumbsup2

Its a Harvey's. Love their bags. I got it around Halloween time
LOVE that bag!

I like Frozen, too! I don't think it necessarily deserves the crazy hype it got over other movies, but I thought it was great. It's a really interesting story, and I liked how the focus was on the sisters being able to come up with their own solutions and not needing to be saved by a prince. And Anna is adorable, and Elsa is fierce.
Spot on!

Ooh I like all your new swag, especially the Aurora shirt. :)
Thank you! Sleeping Beauty is one of my faves!

Oh booooo!
I know! I'm missing everyone, it seems!

That one at Via Napoli looked so good! Decent chance I would have gone for it had I spotted it on the menu.
Try it out, if you go. It might just be a personal preference.

How did your kids like Sanaa? We are thinking of trying it in July, but Cora is quite the picky eater.
HAHA. They had pizza and chips!

I love all of your Disney swag, especially the WDW shirt and Villains purse. I may or may not carry a Villains bag myself...
I am not surprised! :)

We thought the Frozen ride was cute, but not something we have to do every trip.
Yep, this exactly.

We went here in May, just DH and I. I thought it was ok. I think I would have liked it better but I didn't make a good choice for my meal.
Yes, give it another try!

Love all your shirts and ears. We're working on making shirts for next month. I'm waiting for the rest of my decals for my magic bands to come in.
Looking forward to seeing them all!

Via Napoli is a spot I’ve always wanted to try, but we are never in Epcot; haven’t been since 2011. That white pizza sounds goooood!
It was very good!

Your new stuff is so cute, LOVE your tank tops!
Thank you!

I can't remember, have you tried the Avocado?
No...because I am not a fan of banana and everyone says it tastes like banana!

Hmm, see that sounds like something I'd order and enjoy, and we're going to VN in March so good to know you didn't really enjoy it. I'll order something else :thumbsup2
Like I said to Kelley...give it a try. You may like it more than I did.

LOVE that bag!
Thank you!

Day Six 6/8/2017 ~ Epcot (part 3)

We left Via Napoli and headed back toward Mexico to catch another ride on a boat. But on the way, we had to make a stop because I had to try something that had been recommended so many times....the Schofferhofer Grapefruit! I'm not a beer fan AT ALL and couldn't even drink it in my cheap college days so I was wary. But OMG...everyone was right. It was so smooth and grapefruity! Never did it remind me of that awful stuff called beer that I'd tried in the past. LOL. I've since tried an imitation that was not nearly as good and gotten the original from the liquor store and was reminded of how nice it actually tastes! Sadly though, that was my only one from Epcot. Oh, and Chad got an Altemunster Draft...whatever that is.

We headed on to our destination of Mexico, where we made our way to the Gran Fiesta Tour! No wait and the boys enjoyed it. When we got back to the exit point, there was no one waiting...so we had a second ride! Afterward, we probably could have gone again, but we decided two was enough.

We looked around the pavilion for a bit, looking at all the items for sale, then decided we would be on our way. We were headed around to the UK because we were getting some pixie dust that night. I am not sure what I mentioned before, but we knew the CM checking us into the Star Wars dessert party from the Disboards. He works for Special Events and he was able to get us into a special viewing area for Illuminations on this night. I think it was right between the Illuminations viewing party and a private party, so we were very appreciative.

Anyway, on the way over, I stopped at the Refreshment Port to try something I had been interested in checking out...the Croissant Donut - or Cronut for short. OMG! Why had I never gotten this before? Well basically because it said cinnamon sugar and I am not a cinnamon fan. However, on this trip I discovered that I am, in fact, a Disney cinnamon sugar fan! I will be repeating this snack many times on future trips!

As I was getting my cronut, Chad was getting a beer and a popcorn refill in Canada. I met up with the fam and we made our way to the viewing spot. The CMs there were very friendly and even gave the boys some special viewing glasses! AJ and I decided we needed some beverages so we left and hit up the Joffrey's Cart in UK. I think AJ needed the little boys' room as well. I got some phone booth photos of him, too:
IMG_6399.JPG
IMG_6400.JPG

AJ ended up with a strawberry smoothie and I got vodka and iced tea. We headed back just in time for Illuminations.

I do like Illuminations...however, I am totally in agreement with those that say it needs a spruce up. Regardless, we enjoyed our special viewing spot and the show and then headed out, with Chad making a Joffrey's stop for a Jameson iced coffee. I'm sure we took our time, making our way to the front. I enjoy those nights, after everyone has made a mad dash for the exits, and everything is still lit up and the magic is still right there. I will never be in a rush to leave. I will always take my time to soak up every last bit of Disney I can get...every single day that I am there.

I know I have said it before but I will say it again...there is just something about Disney at night that makes the magic come even more alive for me. And yes, I probably had some water leakage from my eyes as I typed that...

I will end it on that note. I'm sorry for the lack of photos in the last couple updates. Not sure what happened there. In any case, this day is done and in my next update, we can move on to the next one! Moving right along, folks...hahaha.

Up next: Day Seven 6/9/2017 ~ Magic Kingdom (part 1)

Last edited:
What a great Epcot day! I agree 100% about how magical Disney can be at night...we haven't spent as many late nights in the parks as usual on our last few trips, but your last update is making me want to change that for our next one!

Awe wasn't that sweet. pixiedust:
Both experiences because of said CM were so special and unexpected. I made sure to tweet to the right people (can't remember the handle right off) about what an awesome CM he was.

I gotta try one of those some day.
Absolutely delicious! Put it on the list!

What a great Epcot day! I agree 100% about how magical Disney can be at night...we haven't spent as many late nights in the parks as usual on our last few trips, but your last update is making me want to change that for our next one!
Disney at night just cannot be beat!

Cronut for short. OMG!
I'll have to put this on my list for next time!

I do like Illuminations...however, I am totally in agreement with those that say it needs a spruce up.
Agreed agreed. I remember being blown away by it 10 years ago but . . . I don't know. Maybe a better viewing angle would make a big difference, but the globe is not very easy to see and definitely does not photograph well.

I will never be in a rush to leave. I will always take my time to soak up every last bit of Disney I can get...every single day that I am there.
Same same same. I love it at night, every park. The way everything is lit up. It does put a tear in my eye too.

I'll have to put this on my list for next time!
Definitely do!

Agreed agreed. I remember being blown away by it 10 years ago but . . . I don't know. Maybe a better viewing angle would make a big difference, but the globe is not very easy to see and definitely does not photograph well.
Yes, I remember the same. It was very moving. Now, I just don't get the same feeling.

Same same same. I love it at night, every park. The way everything is lit up. It does put a tear in my eye too.
I honestly wish there was a way to make it nighttime even earlier while at Disney! Why can't Disney magic pull this off? ;)

.the Schofferhofer Grapefruit! I'm not a beer fan AT ALL

Where was this? I do not like beer at all but I might be willing to try this.

Cronut for short. OMG! Why had I never gotten this before?

Never had one, but I've heard lots of good things about it.

I'm sure we took our time, making our way to the front. I enjoy those nights, after everyone has made a mad dash for the exits, and everything is still lit up and the magic is still right there. I will never be in a rush to leave. I will always take my time to soak up every last bit of Disney I can get...every single day that I am there.

I totally agree. We all need to slow down and soak it up.

I know I have said it before but I will say it again...there is just something about Disney at night that makes the magic come even more alive for me. And yes, I probably had some water leakage from my eyes as I typed that...

Perfectly said. I love it at night when the crowds aren't as bad and you can actually look around.

But on the way, we had to make a stop because I had to try something that had been recommended so many times....the Schofferhofer Grapefruit!
I am so glad you tried it! It's so good!!!

I've since tried an imitation that was not nearly as good and gotten the original from the liquor store and was reminded of how nice it actually tastes!
Nope, nothing is the same. The other shandy are good but just not the same.

He works for Special Events and he was able to get us into a special viewing area for Illuminations on this night. I think it was right between the Illuminations viewing party and a private party, so we were very appreciative.
That is some really nice pixie dust!

I think AJ needed the little boys' room as well. I got some phone booth photos of him, too:
img_6399-jpg.297064
Did they boys know what they were standing in? My girls thought I was crazy telling them to get into the strange red box...

I do like Illuminations...however, I am totally in agreement with those that say it needs a spruce up.
I hope that we get to see this for the first time this trip. It's the last night time show that we haven't seen.

I'm sure we took our time, making our way to the front. I enjoy those nights, after everyone has made a mad dash for the exits, and everything is still lit up and the magic is still right there.
SO true! Taking your time after the night shows is totally the way to go!

Where was this? I do not like beer at all but I might be willing to try this.
Germany kiosk!

Never had one, but I've heard lots of good things about it.
It's amazing!

I totally agree. We all need to slow down and soak it up.

Perfectly said. I love it at night when the crowds aren't as bad and you can actually look around.
:thumbsup2 to both of those statements!

I am so glad you tried it! It's so good!!!

Nope, nothing is the same. The other shandy are good but just not the same.
Agree with both!

That is some really nice pixie dust!
It really was!

Did they boys know what they were standing in? My girls thought I was crazy telling them to get into the strange red box...
I really don't remember but AJ was all about getting his photo taken in there...lol.

I hope that we get to see this for the first time this trip. It's the last night time show that we haven't seen.
Totally worth a view if you have never seen it.

SO true! Taking your time after the night shows is totally the way to go!
:thumbsup2

Glad you liked the beer drink! I like beer, but I’m picky, may have to get that bad boy on my list if drinks, if I ever make it back into Epcot!

How cool you guys got pixie dusted this seats! Nice touch.

I agree 110% about nights at the parks. It’s just so pretty, with all the lights. I like to take my time exiting as well, soak it all in!

Glad you liked the beer drink! I like beer, but I’m picky, may have to get that bad boy on my list if drinks, if I ever make it back into Epcot!
Yes, definitely put it on your list. But are you not planning to go back??

I agree 110% about nights at the parks. It’s just so pretty, with all the lights. I like to take my time exiting as well, soak it all in!
The best time to be in the parks, for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!