"I Only Run in Purple." - Anisum's Road PRs in 2018

I got my official race shirt on Saturday and it was purple. I thought of you. Then I wore it to my race. And thought of you. Just wanted to share.
#raninpurple
Yes! This is good. Whenever I run for chocolate I think of you because I only found the Hot Chocolate race series through your running it so it comes full circle. Purple shirts are the best.

Week 29 (10/30-11/5):
Monday: 4mi @ EA
Wednesday: 4mi @ EB + Strides
Thursday: 7mi @ EB
Friday: 2mi @ EA + 6mi @ Tempo + 1mi @ EA
Sunday: 3mi @ EA

Monday: 4 miles. I wish I could say this was an exciting or memorable run. It was a little longer than usual because I wanted an even 101 miles for October so I had to get an extra 0.15 miles in.

Wednesday: I had an eye doctor's appointment and it was dark by the time I got home. My eyes were dilated which made it hard to see things that weren't the bright headlights of vehicles so I decided that I would instead go to a gym on a friend's visitor pass and run on their indoor track. I was promised this track was 0.25 mi. It was 0.1 miles. So I ran around 40 times to make my 4 miles. Also, it was too small/indoors to get accurate GPS readings so I ended up using the indoor running mode on the Garmin.

Thursday: I had a lovely outside run. I saw the bird from last week's six mile run (or one of his friends) and while I probably imagined it I think the bird looked smug. My friend (whose wedding I was in called me during the run which was nice and at 6.3 mi I stopped by my dad's house to put together a new fan for him.

Friday: When I started I thought I was going to die running just 12 hours after I finished my previous run. Then my legs were like 'Oh this @#%$ again' and got down to business. It was dark when I started so I stuck to in town routes. I saw a car that had been wrapped in saran wrap which makes me wonder what they did to piss someone off. I did stop halfway through to take off my headlamp once it got light enough out. I fueled with these salty limon chews (I assume lemon/lime but they called them limon) from a brand called Kramp Krusher. It was pretty good. Very salty.

Sunday: My legs were dead from all the dancing the night before. I ran anyway but I did stop after two miles to put some laundry in before heading back out for my last mile once the laundry was done.

This is my last week of 5 days a week of running and then 7 weeks of 6 days of running followed by the week of marathon weekend.

A solid week, if a few physical hiccups, that you pushed through. What prompted the move to 6-days a week?

A solid week, if a few physical hiccups, that you pushed through. What prompted the move to 6-days a week?
I told DopeyBadger when he was making my plan for Dopey that I preferred 5 days a week but that I was most focused on finishing the Dopey Challenge in the upright position and would do 6 days a week if that's what it took. So six days a week it is. It gets me up another 3-10 miles each week depending on my schedule.

I admire your determination to get this one done. Between the dilated eyes and having to run FORTY laps, I'd have been sorely tempted to abbreviate.
Thanks! To be fair I didn't have to drive to the gym. Plus I had music which is super rare for me except during the daylight hours or on race days so it made it bearable.

40 laps?!? :faint: UGH. Well done on getting that accomplished.

Also, the remark about the bird looking smug was great! :rotfl2: Excellent training week.

40 laps?!? :faint: UGH. Well done on getting that accomplished.

Also, the remark about the bird looking smug was great! :rotfl2: Excellent training week.
It was bad but the laps were so short that I actually lost count a few times. It wasn't as bad as I imagine those 1 mi marathon courses are that you have to run around 26 times. 1 mile is long enough that you feel your joy dying inside.

I think I'm running a route that would take me by the bird today. I will provide updated on his smugness if I see him.

Also guys, I'm away later this week which is exciting but it means the rain last night may have blown one of my only chances to get all my runs in this week. Do you think it's socially acceptable to put on running clothes and jog around an airport? I'm guessing no.

Also guys, I'm away later this week which is exciting but it means the rain last night may have blown one of my only chances to get all my runs in this week. Do you think it's socially acceptable to put on running clothes and jog around an airport? I'm guessing no.

I mean, I ran into the school I was voting at yesterday and continued to jog in place as I checked in and voted. The police had a good laugh and everyone probably thought I was super weird... I had tried to time it so that my run ENDED at the school then my cool down would be the walk home but... I was too fast.

I mean, I ran into the school I was voting at yesterday and continued to jog in place as I checked in and voted. The police had a good laugh and everyone probably thought I was super weird... I had tried to time it so that my run ENDED at the school then my cool down would be the walk home but... I was too fast.

Wow that is next level dedicated to your run!!! Being both weird and fast sound like admirable qualities.

@Anisum maybe don't run in the airport unless your pretending to catch a flight!

So I did not run through the airport. I sadly did not run to vote because I'm not nearly as dedicated as @xjillianpaige but I did get the two weekend runs in around travel so that should count for something. I'll probably write up my report tomorrow because I don't have the Garmin app on my phone and forgot to sync it to the computer before I left for work so I don't remember my paces except for Saturday = Too Fast, Sunday = Weirdly Slow.

Your training is going so well! I can’t imagine ever hitting the 100 mile month mark!

Also, good job getting in your runs with the travel - that isn’t easy!

Your training is going so well! I can’t imagine ever hitting the 100 mile month mark!

Also, good job getting in your runs with the travel - that isn’t easy!
Thanks! I couldn't either. It's way easier to run further when "the plan" tells you to. I figure I have to train even on vacation because I paid a ton of money for the race and I have to be ready. Also, because I don't want to disappoint @DopeyBadger. He made me a wonderful plan and he'll be at Marathon Weekend so I feel like I have to give it my all.

So I did not run through the airport. I sadly did not run to vote because I'm not nearly as dedicated as @xjillianpaige but I did get the two weekend runs in around travel so that should count for something. I'll probably write up my report tomorrow because I don't have the Garmin app on my phone and forgot to sync it to the computer before I left for work so I don't remember my paces except for Saturday = Too Fast, Sunday = Weirdly Slow.

Dedicated? You mean nuts, right? :rotfl:

Glad to hear you got runs in! And not through the airport! That might've drawn some serious looks... and maybe security.

Week 30 (11/6-11/12):
Monday: 4mi @ EA
Wednesday: 4mi @ EB + Strides
Thursday: 1mi @ WU + 4mi @ Tempo + 1mi @ CD
Saturday: 6mi @ EB
Sunday: 7mi @ LR

Monday: 4 miles. It was dark. I was disappointed because it gets dark one hour earlier which is awful. I much prefer running in daylight.

Wednesday: I missed my 4 miles which I had planned to run Tuesday since I had a flight on Thursday. The reason I missed them is because it was raining and dark. I'll run in the rain or I'll run in the dark. Trying to do both is asking for trouble. I did my tempo run instead.

Thursday: I took a plane. Did not run in the airport.

Saturday: I was in New Orleans and staying in the French Quarter so I was somewhat hesitant about running. I decided to go out on Saturday morning and though I was too fast (I get nervous when running in unfamiliar places) I got 6 miles in.

Sunday: Still in New Orleans and I ran again. My watch screwed up when I tried to start my run and cut off a 0.03 or so and implied I was very slow (stop reminding me!) so I ended up restarting my watch and things got a little bit better. I got all 7 miles in but I was a little slow. I did treat myself to beignets after the run so it was worth it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter