Hanging up my running shoes

Excellent race recap and pictures!! That is so crazy you had such warm temps well into fall! You did amazing in those tough circumstances though! Again, your consistent dedication to your training has been so inspiring! Now onto rocking Dopey (though you TOTALLY deserve a nice, long rest right now!)

Also thank you so much @Chris-Mo for your service. We owe so much to our veterans!!

Happy Veteran’s Day to @Chris-Mo - thank for you all you do.

Thank you. Those beers were amazing. As were the chips in queso sauce I picked up at the end.

Hope those chips were as satisfying as the runDisney cheese cups! I’ve also determined that margaritas make perfect post-race recovery beverages alongside the salty chips and cheese!

Excellent race recap and pictures!! That is so crazy you had such warm temps well into fall! You did amazing in those tough circumstances though! Again, your consistent dedication to your training has been so inspiring! Now onto rocking Dopey (though you TOTALLY deserve a nice, long rest right now!)

Also thank you so much @Chris-Mo for your service. We owe so much to our veterans!!
Thank you

I'm late to the party, but congratulations on the huge PR! Even more impressive is the fact you did it in that sort of heat! Heat has always kicked my rear - way to tough it out on a hot day.

I feel like I need more cruiseliner pictures to oogle in my life. Just sayin'.

How about these???

IMG_2377.jpg

lib_flowride.jpg

upload_2017-11-21_11-13-4.jpeg

whirlpool.jpg

And one more time, our room!!

shp-VY-family-panoramic305.jpg

Can't wait until I can replace these with REAL pictures from our trip.

Sorry to be silent on my journal. Chris and I both were traveling last week for work and having trouble being very excited about running at the moment, so my training is a bit sporadic. We've got a mini-Dopey simulation coming up this weekend though, so just need to push through my doldrums and keep at it.

giphy.gif

Whew. I feel better now. Topped up. Thanks!

Post-race blues are definitely a thing... but I bet the Dopey excitement will pick you back up in no time.

I need that water slide in my life, although I would be a bit scared that the water pressure would be too high and I'd go shooting off the side of the boat. At least I'd already have a raft though?? :confused3 That room looks amazing! Y'all are going to have the best time!

I'm BACK!!!
Training Week 11/19 - 11/25(26)
kuzco-dance.gif

Well, after a few off weeks between marathon recovery and work hassles, we finally got back to a good, solid training week. This week had our first mini-Dopey simulation with 4 day back-to-back runs (although one was a nice slow walk.)

image07.gif

Sunday 11/19 - Rest day. :)
Monday 11/20 - HEY!! I actually did my strength/core workout again today. WOOHOO!!

9be010ec068cd2cf16b44ea01518ee58.gif

We decided against doing the track work, given our plan for later in the week.

Tuesday 11/21 - 4 mile run today. 2:00/:30 intervals and an overall pace of 10:29. Nothing too special here, but it felt good to get back into a regular run and actually enjoy it. :)
Wednesday 11/22 - Rest
buddy-the-elf.jpg

Thursday 11/23 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! We did our annual Turkey Trot 5k with the kids and the dogs came along too! Thus the slow walk. :D Dogs were in their new Christmas sweaters.

And our obligatory stop for Donuts post race

https://www.flickr.com/photos/44733981@N07/

Then back to my mom's house for even more food!!

Friday 11-24 - 5 mile run with 2:00/:30 intervals. 10:34 pace. Another good run and was good to get out there running after all the food on Thursday.

Saturday 11-25 - 8 miles with :90/:30 intervals. Overall pace of 10:54. We met up with some of our Galloway group and one of the women needed a bathroom break, so we walked for a bit while waiting for her, so I think before that we were closer to a 10:30 pace or so.
We had Chris' family over for a second Thanksgiving at our house this afternoon, so I was pretty wiped out by 7 PM that night after that run and being on my feet most of the day. NOT looking forward to having to fun a 4th day in a row and a long one at that.

Sunday 11-26 - Luckily when I woke up this morning, I wasn't too terribly tired and we had different Galloway peeps meeting up with us today. 12 miles with :90/:30 intervals. My legs were pretty tired that last mile, but overall, I felt pretty good for most of the run. Overall pace 10:41.

So, yeah, a successful week and turns out the 4 days in a row wasn't too bad. We are having some trouble working out our schedule for our last really long run before Dopey, but we'll manage it somehow. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter