I-May-gination Exercise Challenge

195 minutes since last check in

575/1860

I'm kind of glad Thunder Mesa was shelved because we ended up with BTMRR, Splash, AND Pirates. I can't imagine not having those rides. It does sound like it was an impressive plan, though.

Love the Hank video. Had to share with my daughter. She enjoys Pixar in a Box from Khan Academy, and this video ties in nicely with those lessons.

Last edited:
So i am getting my steps in where I can. I made my husband park farther away from the building, getting walking in (short walks) at work when I can. The end of the school is getting close so we have had a ton of end of year stuff going on on top of our normal activities this week.

Monday - 44 minutes
Tuesday - 57 minutes

448/930

It's great to see so many people reporting in!

Thanks to all those minutes, we are team orange! :cheer2:

And congrats to Twilight Sparkle on personal orange as well!:tigger:

I'm reporting 35 minutes myself, for 195/600.

And we're moving into Epcot on our quest for lost Disney attractions. Over the years, there have been several areas planned for World Showcase and never built. Three were included as coming attractions in "EPCOT Center: A Pictorial Souvenir" in 1982 -

New-Picture-2.png

but plans eventually fell through (though you can see the Africa theme today in Animal Kingdom.)

Tonight's lost country is Iran. From p. 67 of the book referenced in post 1:

"The Iran Pavilion would have included a dramatic replica of Golestan Palace, a World Heritage site in the capital city of Tehran, as the pavilion's architectural centerpiece. Plans for the Iranian Pavilion also called for a dark ride through the rich history of the Persian Empire. Also included was a lively and energetic shopping bazaar offering guests unique gifts including intricately detailed wood and brass products."

Plans had progressed as far as a presentation to the Shah of Iran and a visit to WED Enterprises by the ambassador, but were dropped when the Shah was overthrown in 1979.

Here is some some concept art (from a Disney wiki):
latest

And here's a picture (from Pinterest) of the building mentioned in the quote:
ae34830b8337e99aae9b4e83f843e049.jpg

No new minutes for me.

Team totals stand at 2,369 = 27% of goal, and we have just over 2000 minutes to our purple/halfway mark.

Just a 10 minute walk for me, but we have our first Figment Purple! - Congrats to Elizabeth Smith!! :figment: :figment: :figment:

Our World Showcase story for today includes a Denmark pavilion that was proposed even before Epcot opened in 1982. It was supposed to have included an ice skating rink and a replica of Tivoli Gardens* with a carousel and Ferris wheel. There was also a proposal for a canal ride through LEGO reproductions of famous landmarks.

It was originally to have been constructed as part of the "second phase" of countries, but instead, plans evolved into a multi-country Scandinavian pavilion combining Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, and then lack of sponsorship funding killed both ideas.

There was, however, eventually enough support from sponsors in Norway to open the pavilion we all know now in 1988.

(from "The Walt Disney World That Never Was" - p.70)

* https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tivoli-gardens

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I have 25 new minutes, and sophy1996 has reached Figment Purple! :figment::figment::figment: Congratulations!!

Team totals stand at 1,756 minutes = 30%

Our next unbuilt country pavilion is Costa Rica, considered in 1979 while Epcot was being planned but (as you are probably expecting me to say by now) never funded.

This pic is from MiceChat:

jhm-costa_rica.jpg

And this one comes from Twitter via a Google search:

CpeP7rXUsAAlWdE.jpg

My favorite fun fact about this pavilion is that it would have been the location of a second Crystal Palace! - Instead of a Winnie-the-Pooh character experience, this one would have featured a lush botanical garden with waterfalls and a bird conservatory.

(P.S. - Tomorrow's Sunday, so start thinking about what you would love to see make it into Epcot!)

Happy Mothers' Day, Everyone!

20 new minutes for me, and team totals have broken the 3,000 mark!! We are at 35% :cheer2:

Did anyone come up with their own ideas for Epcot? A new ride or country you'd like to add (or a favorite lost country you'd like to see built after all)?

There are so many I'd love to visit - Australia, India, Greece, Ireland, something from the Caribbean...

I'm also hoping they really do add that Mary Poppins attraction in England!

165 minutes - riding horses with my daughter = a great mother's day

1030/1860

I think I would like to see the Czech Republic, Poland, or Greece in the World Showcase. Or maybe a Pacific Island country. I really would like to see the World Showcase expanded. It's my favorite part of Epcot.

+50 from yesterday.
395/690

I really like the look of the Costa Rica Crystal Palace, but if I were to make any changes or additions to Epcot's world showcase, I think it would be interesting to see South Korea represented, because of the recent influence of Korean Pop Music, mostly. Otherwise, I'd like to see New Zealand and can echo what PollyannaMom said about getting a Carribbean-inspired pavilion. That would be a good place to promote Disney Cruise Lines. LOL.

15 new minutes for me (265/600) and 38% of goal for the team as a whole. :cheer2:

We also have a new purple - congrats to Twilight Sparkle !! :figment::figment::figment:

And @piglet1979, you are only 17 minutes away!

We'll leave Epcot with the biggest "almost" of all - the original vision of the park:

(The whole episode is great, but if you're short on time, he gets to Florida about 5 minutes in, and Epcot specifically at about 9 or so.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts