I Love Southwest Airlines

hawt1

Mouseketeer
You sure can't beat the price.

Just booked foour of us to orlando the end of Sept coming back two weeks later for a total of $604 US.

With the Canadian dollar moving up, that comes out to under $210 Canadian per person!!!

That's great Hawt1! I've been looking at those rates too but might end up spending more to get the Buffalo and back since I'm going solo this trip!

Did you book online? Are you locked in? That sounds great...I might just have to make a fall trip!
Karen

Yes, online...very simple and I guess we are locked in... We already had our accomodations booked so we were already locked in long before the flights were booked.

I also love skyauction since that is where we got our 2 bedrrom five star unit for under $250 U.S. per week. We're not fans of being on-site...at least not enough to pay so much more for a measly hotel room!

which resort did u you get on sky auction....

was it vacation village ( if so it is nice )

my bro in law stayed there last year when i got it for him on skyauction for 210$ USD

is skyauctions easier to use than priceline?
I still need to get transportation(rental car)/bufflo hotel/ extra day at MCO hotels.....but I'm alittle nervous about "online bidding"

Just booked 5 of us for $1072 Cdn. Had to add the extra day for a better rate but I can live with that.

Dh told me to go ahead and book SW and he'll drive me to Buffalo and pick me up. (Unless I feel brave enough to drive myself to Buffalo! :eek: )

I have also booked the Quality Inn Buffalo Airport (Dh will drive me there the night before) and will take the free shuttle over to the airport. Got the Internet User's rate of $44.99 for Sept. 30 night.

My Oct. 1st flight is at 7:20am non-stop. Arrive in Orlando at 9:50am. Thinking of just taking Mears shuttle over to ASSp.

For the return flight on Oct. 9th, I went with the later flight at 1:05pm with a change in BWI, arriving in Buffalo at 5:15pm. There was no sense catching the earlier non-stop flight and then have to hang around the airport for hours until Dh could come and pick me up.

So 'no', Janet, I'm NOT going by canoe! ;) :p

I was going to offer you a pick up from Mississauga, but you're going before us. What price did you get from SW? if I may be so bold:eek: to ask.
Does your rate at the Quality inn include parking?
We were thinking of getting a car rental at MCO and then droping it at Care Centre in WDW. The rate is 30.00 per day which is way cheaper than 4 of us taking Mears shuttle.

Wendy, thanks for the offer to pick me up if we had been flying on the same day! :) My flight is $161.00 US$. If I had chosen the non-stop for the return flight as well, the total would have been $151.00 US$. The $10 increase was in the airport charges at Baltimore but the actual flight cost was the same.

I looked 'parking' up at the Quality Inn website but couldn't find anything about parking for the duration of your trip. You could phone the hotel directly and ask: 1-716-633-5500. I phoned them to ask about the shuttle ~ it's "on demand" so there would be no problem getting to the airport early for my 7:20am flight.

Originally posted by MaMudduck
is skyauctions easier to use than priceline?
I still need to get transportation(rental car)/bufflo hotel/ extra day at MCO hotels.....but I'm alittle nervous about "online bidding"

We've used skyauction numerous times and never had a problem. You are getting access to RCI's excess inventory...and in Orlando there is lots of that!!

If anyone has specific questions on it, feel free to email me at ghawton@meritas.ca.

As I said, between southwest and skyauction, we can get flights for four (plus an infant) and a two bedroom - five star condo in Orlando (and this time a second week on the beach in FT Lauderdale) for $1700 Canadian for the two weeks.

hawt ...what resorts did you pickup from RCI's excess inventory...

are they gold crown

will check them out for future vacations

Orange Lake...gold crown

Fairways of Palm Aire in Ft Lauderdale ... gold crown

Lots available if you just watch the inventory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter