I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on slickdeals that ChasePay is offering 10% back on purchases at Walmart.com up to $325 in purchases. The last time they ran this promotion I was able to use it for gift card purchases.

Details are here: https://slickdeals.net/f/10887347-10-back-for-using-chase-pay-at-walmart-com?page=4#commentsSection

Thanks for this! On my phone currently so having trouble looking at that link, but I assume there is a way to do Chase Pay from your desktop? Planning to order a Chromebook (hopefully) from Wal Mart tonight at midnight!

Thanks for this! On my phone currently so having trouble looking at that link, but I assume there is a way to do Chase Pay from your desktop? Planning to order a Chromebook (hopefully) from Wal Mart tonight at midnight!

I was able to do it from my desktop by selecting the Chase Pay option as payment during checkout the last time. I haven’t tried it yet this time.

Just found out I got approved for a Barclaycard Aviator business card. 40,000 American Airlines miles after one purchase! It was initially held up for security reasons but DH’s app was approved right away. I had to send in copies of my driver’s license, social security card and a bill with my address. WooHoo!

Their iconic Christmas isn’t exactly Santa, but 13 Yule lads which are the sons of trolls. When easily charmed you might decide that you can’t just get one ornament that says “Iceland” and you simply MUST have all 13 Yule lads, plus their troll parents.

Love the other pictures but can you please post a picture of these guys at some point? :)

It was hard not to add a stopover in Iceland on the way to Paris but I would have had to take another day of vacation that I don't want to take.

It works for CSR too, not just the Freedom card.

find that quite unfair... haha. 1% + 9% bonus for Sapphire. 5%+5% bonus for Freedom. Chase always seem to be a suprise on q4. shouldnt have bought a lot of stuff via walmart until Nov/Dec. haha. so far have bought a $250 GC. should of waited to get 10% off.

So staples will give 8x through ink portal vs ebates 2% tonight going to try UR hoping it credits since I'll be using staples gc that I got 5x gas points on

find that quite unfair... haha. 1% + 9% bonus for Sapphire. 5%+5% bonus for Freedom. Chase always seem to be a suprise on q4. shouldnt have bought a lot of stuff via walmart until Nov/Dec. haha. so far have bought a $250 GC. should of waited to get 10% off.

I'm not sure if the 10% deal is staying around. Maybe it's just a Black Friday deal?

Remind me, is there a shopping portal that includes Amazon? Sad that Marriott went away. Found DS’a PS4 for a great price on there.

I think JetBlue includes Amazon. If you do Swagbucks, I think they're at 6% back right now.

I had a disappointing shopping night. Was hoping to get my hands on the $119 Chromebook Wal-Mart was selling at midnight. I couldn't get the Chase shopping portal to work or Chase Pay to work. In the short amount of time I spent trying to maximize my return, the Chromebooks sold out :(

Remind me, is there a shopping portal that includes Amazon? Sad that Marriott went away. Found DS’a PS4 for a great price on there.

We do most of our shopping on Amazon. I also believe that JetBlue has a portal- we don't fly with them, though- so just going by what I have seen on various boards. EDIT for accuracy. Wife has already spent a couple thousand dollars on Amazon in November- and it isn't even Black Friday yet. It seems to have become her 'drug of choice'- LOL.

Last edited:
We do most of our shopping on Amazon. I also believe that JetBlue has a portal- we don't fly with them, though- so just going by what I have seen on various boards. You probably already know this, but if you have an Ink, go to an office supply store and get Amazon GCs- then load them into your account. It will get you 5x URs. We buy thousands and thousands of dollars of them annually. This makes up the majority of our manufactured spend outside of travel expenses that aren't paid for using points/miles. Wife has already spent a couple thousand dollars on Amazon in November- and it isn't even Black Friday yet. It seems to have become her 'drug of choice'- LOL.
Thanks. We’re typically SW flyers with the CP and our airport being a hub. I ended up just using my Discover for the 5% cashback this quarter.

We do most of our shopping on Amazon. I also believe that JetBlue has a portal- we don't fly with them, though- so just going by what I have seen on various boards. You probably already know this, but if you have an Ink, go to an office supply store and get Amazon GCs- then load them into your account. It will get you 5x URs. We buy thousands and thousands of dollars of them annually. This makes up the majority of our manufactured spend outside of travel expenses that aren't paid for using points/miles. Wife has already spent a couple thousand dollars on Amazon in November- and it isn't even Black Friday yet. It seems to have become her 'drug of choice'- LOL.
Thanks. SW flyers and we have the CIP so that doesn’t help. Discover it is.

For those who have hesitated to book a Disney trip with UR points I just wanted to post that I called the Wholesale number today and was impressed how easy it was for them to get me the reservation number. If the thought of calling has put you off of booking a trip at the Disney hotels with UR don't let it. I have two rooms booked and entered into MDE the one reservation number while on the phone with her as she entered the information on the other room. Super easy and it is all set now. Not the best use of points maybe, but this is an entirely bonus trip at the end of January so we can do Disney After Hours. It is also the Christmas present to the girls. I (and Santa) are really not going to buy a whole lot else. They just have so much STUFF and I figure they will remember a trip more. I booked airfare to meet Delta Business minimum spend, the room is through UR points, and I just bought the DAH tickets after going to Best Buy and buying Disney gift cards with my AMEX offers.

I just booked last week and right after it went through called Disney's main number since I didn't know of the wholesale number and had a conf number in about 40mins that worked on MDE. First person said it could take a few weeks to show up in their system, second person was able to get it. Was funny tho Chase had a "Hotel Conf Number" as well as their own, then when Disney got their ends number that I entered it into MDE and now MDE shows a 4th conf number when I look at the upcoming trips. No wonder its confusing there are at least three numbers on Disney's end.

Thanks. We’re typically SW flyers with the CP and our airport being a hub. I ended up just using my Discover for the 5% cashback this quarter.

Same. We moved from AZ to FL this year, so there was no reason to pay attention to JetBlue. I just went onto their website, though- and it 'might' be time to revisit them. Going to have to do some research, but if their Mint program has decent award availability (which I am guessing it doesn't since it appears to be on a few select routes)- I might start using their portal. My wife is happy to participate in the travel hacking experience as long as she doesn't have to jump through any hoops- so we mostly use her participation as the second 'card getter'- then it is up to me to be creative to make her spending as smooth as possible while still getting some sort of a return. I am happy to concede milking every available point and mile out of the 'system'- since her willingness to apply for cards far outweighs asking her to use portals and whatnot. We live well and travel better- so it's all good :) While I am posting- someone else will need to chime in on the office supply GC thing. Wife uses our Amazon Prime 5% card- and I use an app that codes 5% on GCs through Paypal- so unsure if physically going into an office supply store still works. Guessing it does since I haven't seen anything to the contrary, but shouldn't have spoken to this w/o having done it recently. Going to edit out the PP for the sake of accuracy.

Last edited:
I hate to say this but you may out of luck with this one. A few weeks ago we rented a car from Dollar. They charged us the fees on the day we returned the car, Nov 11th. I just checked my CSR statement and the fees posted on Nov 13th, but the date showing on the statement is Nov 11th. I'm not using a travel credit for my transaction, but it really is cutting it close in your situation. Good luck!
thanks for the DP (sigh)

anyone know how long that Chase 10% will last? thru the weekend, or just thru tomorrow? I'm off to read the link, but wondering if it will work with a GC purchase.... Ok according to that article,and all the comments, it should work fine with gc purchase....here's hoping! I figured it wound't hurt to get the gc anyway...since I was considering buying some before the end of December.... went thru topcashback at 6.6% for it too (it didn't mention excluding gc)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter