I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BARCLAY ARRIVAL PLUS 70,000 PT OFFER (via DoC)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclay-arrival-70000-point-sign-up-bonus-with-annual-fee-wavied/

This one piques my interest. 70,000 points after $5k MSR (vs. standard offer of 60,000 points after $3k MSR). Annual fee is waived!

70k bonus points + 10k points from MSR = 80,000 points. They also give you a 5% points bonus back after you redeem points. This is worth > $800 at a 16%+ return! DoC says app links may not be live yet, but will be soon... Read DoC's post with full details and info on Barclays "6/24" rule that may be in place.

Is it too early for Dh and I to be looking at plane tickets for our Japan trip? We need tickets to get to and from LAX. The prices I'm seeing are crazy so I'm hoping it's because I'm looking too early...

At Jewel (Albertsons) you can’t buy GCs in self checkout. I tried last week and the cashier had me ring up my other items then he had to ring up the GCs separately. Then he had to cancel the transaction BC he didn’t let me put in my rewards number first.

heh, ymmv i guess. A friend of mine said their Albertsons allows it.

I did some GCs today at Ralphs... had one of the strangest thing happen to me... did around $430 transaction with a face value of $500. 2 cards(Cabelas) failed to activate. They had to return me money. they returned the face value back to my card...

profit?

Ugh! Besides a new iPad, DS11 has asked for exactly nothing for Christmas. Our tree is going to look very empty this year. Plus we don’t even have the distraction of being in the Caribbean in this year :( Now to find some gifts to help with my AmEx MSR.

Awe, you’re lucky! Mine does NOT have that same wording! I only realized when I still hadn’t gotten credit today for either of the purchases last week. Guess the offers are slightly different!

ETA Ok, I am going crazy, SO SORRY!! You are right, I looked again. Not sure why mine isn’t crediting, but apologies for the stupid comment!! (And yes I realize it won’t credit on the individual purchases until the cumulative total reaches over 300 but I am over 300 on one card/offer now and it still isn’t crediting...guess it will just take some time)

My $30 from the $300 completed on Thursday hasn’t credited yet. It can take a few days.

Anyone with Wells Fargo earn more mall check your offers. I have 30% off Kohls, Macy’s, and Gap up to $50, $75, and $40, respectively, in savings. This works well for buying gift cards for the store in-store then stacking them with sales (like Kohl’s Black Friday sale).

:offtopic:

If memory serves correctly, someone asked me to share our fall Dapper Day outfits when we mentioned we were going for the fall outing too last spring. Our friends are also travel hackers and earned a combination of 5x via Amazon GCs and hit some MSR in the purchasing of outfits. It's a Disney Bound of Marvel Universe honoring the memory of Stan Lee. From L to R: Groot, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Iron Man (me), Spider-Man (DH).

Dapper.jpg

:offtopic:

If memory serves correctly, someone asked me to share our fall Dapper Day outfits when we mentioned we were going for the fall outing too last spring. Our friends are also travel hackers and earned a combination of 5x via Amazon GCs and hit some MSR in the purchasing of outfits. It's a Disney Bound of Marvel Universe honoring the memory of Stan Lee. From L to R: Groot, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Captain America, Iron Man (me), Spider-Man (DH).

View attachment 366164
Making my 3am work day so much better. I love it!!!

My Ebags refunds posted... all at 1pt/$, when I earned 5pts/$ originally with Chase pay...

Also, the amounts were slightly different. But still not enough to cover the full price of the bag I kept? Even after accounting for the rewards points I used on the two orders, I am like $15 short? In my favor though :confused3

Last edited:
It just opened last month and is brand new! Only 8000 points a night for two queen beds and sofa bed. It sounds like it is closer to Arches rather than in town but that works for us. I am super excited.
oooohhhh enjoy! that little brewery in town is so good

Chase shopping portal question. If I'm looking at a department store that says extra 6 points per dollar through the portal, plus using my freedom, does that mean I should earn 11 points per dollar? The Q4 5 points per dollar immediately, and the other 6 points per dollar in 3-5 business days or up to 2 statements (the fine print gives those time periods)?

BARCLAY ARRIVAL PLUS 70,000 PT OFFER (via DoC)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclay-arrival-70000-point-sign-up-bonus-with-annual-fee-wavied/

This one piques my interest. 70,000 points after $5k MSR (vs. standard offer of 60,000 points after $3k MSR). Annual fee is waived!

70k bonus points + 10k points from MSR = 80,000 points. They also give you a 5% points bonus back after you redeem points. This is worth > $800 at a 16%+ return! DoC says app links may not be live yet, but will be soon... Read DoC's post with full details and info on Barclays "6/24" rule that may be in place.

Sigh... Both P2 and I signing up for the 60k/$5k AF not waived offer continues to get worse. Oh well. Hopefully this card is still churnable and this sticks around. Guessing Barclays is having trouble getting signups since it relaunched.

Chase shopping portal question. If I'm looking at a department store that says extra 6 points per dollar through the portal, plus using my freedom, does that mean I should earn 11 points per dollar? The Q4 5 points per dollar immediately, and the other 6 points per dollar in 3-5 business days or up to 2 statements (the fine print gives those time periods)?
Yep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter